Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711557 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2970 on: July 30, 2007, 04:52:48 PM »
And a car, and some gas.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2971 on: July 30, 2007, 07:25:13 PM »
Alright. So after going without eating for almost two days, mom wised up and apologized. I really should've guessed that she was drunk or something as she has a habit of doing that. Anyway, I'm okay now.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #2972 on: July 30, 2007, 09:32:09 PM »
Late August cannot come soon enough. I want out of this house. My dad has always been a total jerk to me for the past four years. Ever since we had gotten wireless internet back in 2003, my dad thinks it's all right to place the blame upon me for all technological problems in the house, just because I know more about computers than he does. Even worse, he refuses to learn when I offer to show him how he can fix it himself because it contradicts his delusion that he's all-knowing and always right (what do you suspect from someone who spends every waking moment listening to Rush Limbaugh).

Whenever something comes up, he screams at me to come down and demands that I fix his problems, like for instance, a show started recording and so another channel is unreachable. Despite the clear instructions on the screen on how to cancel the recording, he screams at me and demands his instant gratification. I suspect he has some sort of hate towards me, because when my brother comes to fix any problems in any hi-tech stuff we own, he acts patient and considerate, but he has to scream or even threaten me as I am trying to fix the problem as fast as I can.

Most of the time he is awfully rude. I am watching a show, and he comes in and immediately says "what's this stupid thing?" or insults me at the table in front of guests, calling me "moron" or bringing up crap like "He watches Simpsons" even when he knows I haven't watched the show in over a year.

This is the reason I do not want a cell phone when I go to college. Although I insist to my mom that the reason is that I'm up for paying $70 a month for something I will not use a lot, I know that he will call non-stop and complain about crap that he knows God-well that he can fix it himself. I am tired of him. I want to go to school really badly.

« Reply #2973 on: July 30, 2007, 09:43:52 PM »
Dang dude, that's too bad. I don't know what else to say except hang tough.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2974 on: July 30, 2007, 10:46:56 PM »
"He watches Simpsons" is an insult now? I didn't know the writing had gotten that bad.

ProTip: Caller ID and don't answer your phone.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2975 on: July 31, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »
ProTip: The scope on the sniper rifle allows you to zoom in.
every

« Reply #2976 on: July 31, 2007, 01:22:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to kill his dad.  :P

« Reply #2977 on: July 31, 2007, 07:17:28 PM »
Your dad is rough. A cell phone is college does seem like it would be useful, though.

I think he might make a huge deal out of it, though, if you don't answer his phone calls, as he seems to make a big deal out of everything else.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2978 on: July 31, 2007, 11:31:33 PM »
Oh, people make a big deal when you don't answer their calls. A big deal indeed.

Anyway, I certainly wouldn't use a cell phone in college. I haven't used my cell phone in almost a year. I have no idea where it is.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2979 on: July 31, 2007, 11:59:59 PM »
You guys are hi-larious for thinking you won't need to use a cell phone in college.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2980 on: August 01, 2007, 02:14:10 AM »
I never used a cell phone in college. Heck, I never really used any phone in college. Phones are lame. Email, baby.

« Reply #2981 on: August 01, 2007, 08:01:01 AM »
Anyway, I certainly wouldn't use a cell phone in college. I haven't used my cell phone in almost a year. I have no idea where it is.

Hahaha! The same thing happened to me. I hate cell phones.

« Reply #2982 on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:16 AM »
I have ANGST because even though I've done things I can only do during the summer, I still feel it was uneventful because I haven't seen enough of my friends.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2983 on: August 01, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to kill his dad.  :P

Actually, that was a reference to how ProTips are always stupidly obvious, saying things like "use the sniper rifle to shoot enemies from far away" and "take cover to avoid being shot" and "falling into bottomless pits can kill you". Speaking of which, I hate GamePro. That's my angst.
every

« Reply #2984 on: August 01, 2007, 09:27:04 AM »
Oh. :P

In any case, I hope NintendoExpert89 can come to terms/peace with his dad.

Print