Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711656 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #3000 on: August 02, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »
You shouldn't say if Sonic is in the game until they announce it. Rumors don't apply. Ike has this huge 2-handed fire sword or something that he holds with one hand. He can rip Snake in half!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3001 on: August 02, 2007, 11:52:39 AM »
Snake=gun

Ike=sword

Snake wins.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3002 on: August 02, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »
Exactly; that's known as the Indiana Jones Equation. Besides, Ike is a little kid's name.

But more importantly, I saw the news about the bridge disaster yesterday. It was horrible. I wonder if this is going to have effects on any industries there (like tourism and such).
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3003 on: August 02, 2007, 12:46:14 PM »
I heard about it on my mom's TV when I was using the bathroom last night (her room is next to the bathroom). Sad really...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3004 on: August 02, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »
Snake=gun

Ike=sword

Snake wins.

How can you say this when you haven't played Brawl?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3005 on: August 02, 2007, 01:39:57 PM »
Might I add that Snake's bone crushing CQC will do some damage too?

« Reply #3006 on: August 02, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
How can you say this when you haven't played Brawl?

....because if some dude has a gun and the other dude has a sword, the guy with the gun will win (most of the time). Saying that Ike would win because he has a sword that can chop Snake in half is not nearly as logical as saying Snake would win because he has a gun.

So sure, Ike could beat Snake in Brawl because the game isn't very realistic. Kimimaru's comment needed a parallel though.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:57:35 PM by PaperLuigi »

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3007 on: August 02, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
They've already stated that Snake won't use firearms in SSBB.

« Reply #3008 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »
So Fox is still the only one with a character-specific gun? Awesome

« Reply #3009 on: August 02, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »
They've already stated that Snake won't use firearms in SSBB.

Yes, I know, but it's also obvious that Ike will not use his sword to chop people in half. I was speaking of Kimimaru's comment, not the game itself.

« Reply #3010 on: August 02, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »
What's this about Snake beating Ike? I'm sure Ike could probably drown everyone with a sea of tears before ever landing a hit, as long as you tell him he pales in comparison to his father.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3011 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:41 PM »
Foolish fools. It's not the character who does the beating. It's the player using the character. (Honestly, I imagined we complex-minded folk would understand that... ¦P)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3012 on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
No, they fight, we just control them and we don't get our fists dirty.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3013 on: August 02, 2007, 09:22:36 PM »
To me it seems that you are saying you disagree with me and provide reasons as to why, which reveal that you do agree with me, and are therefore contradicting yourself.
Or you don't understand what I said. I'll add details.
What I mean is, statements, "Snake can kill Ike," and the like are really invalid. If it were fact, nobody would ever choose Ike and all would go for Snake. When there are tournaments, do people say, at the end, "Samus beat Captain Falcon!!!!" No. The names of the players are used.
</captainobvious>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3014 on: August 02, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »
The constant fighting about who is better is giving me ANGST because when you get down to it neither characters are real and are controlled by people with varying strengths so you can't really say which character is better, you can only say which person using said characters is better.

There. Please stop fighting about who is better now.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print