Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711580 times)

« Reply #3210 on: September 13, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »
I'm sure. I have the settings set for the download box to open and record everything that is downloaded. It does neither.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3211 on: September 13, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
I have to get this out, so I apologize now if it's long...

I hate that I come here, and it feels like I'm helpless. I hate that I cannot do anything at all to contribute to TMk because of something another person did to me. I feel bad that I have put all you viewers and staff at an inconvinence, and it kills me to not post anything. I see something, I want to come here and write a news article or a blog, and other priorities don't allow me to concentrate enough to do so. At work, everything is managed to the point that I'm surprised I can even come here and post what I'm posting now. It's like everything is against me doing what I love to do, and there's nothing I can do to change that- for now.

I don't know if many, or any, of you understand the deep passion I have for journalism. I started in the online business in 2002 and never looked back since. I went from being a regular news poster to becoming a webmaster of my own semi-popular website that took me to places I never imagined. Eventually, I moved onto a more mainstream venture, and finally I broke back into Nintendo's world when TMK contacted me. This was perfect for me. As you all should know (and if you don't simply go to youtube.com/superjessemario to find out) I love all things Mario. Mario games have been my comfort in times of trial, where my happiness is tested, and usually that's what keeps me sane. However, my current situation has even pushed that one solace aside, and has also taken away my chance to express that passion, something I was enjoying doing on TMK.

it's frustrating. I've never been in a situation where I've been so limited, yet so helpless. I know it seems like I'm overstating my point, but I really do miss coming on here, seeing all this work I wanted to do, and then doing it only to find something else I wanted to do. If it was up to me, I'd tell Deezer to show me everything about this site so I could do everything on this site with ease, but now...That won't be possible. I'm not saying that I'm gone for good (and you know I will never do or say such a thing), but even being gone these few weeks has really hurt me.

I hope this serves as a warning to young lovers, to make sure they know what they want out of life before they try and take a bite of it, because if you do not know, and you jump the gun, you may just end up like me.

In the end, I will prevail, but the battle is so hard sometimes, I just wonder to myself if I'll still care at that end.

Rant over.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

« Reply #3212 on: September 13, 2007, 10:44:07 PM »
You shouldn't worry yourself so! You've explained to all of us what's happening and I think that all of us have an understanding. There are times in our lives when it feels like we can't control anything! But it's good to see that you're actually getting through this.

How's Super Baby Jesse? :D
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3213 on: September 13, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »
Jesse, you shouldn't worry about that. We understand how important real life is and that it should be taken care of first and foremost. As for the ideas you have, I suggest popping into #tmk and telling us about them there. I'm sure one of the other staff members would be more than ahppy to take the idea from there.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3214 on: September 14, 2007, 09:32:38 AM »
One of Khold's friends died from that.

Yeah, I remember when that happened, or at least, when I heard about it. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #3215 on: September 14, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »
The Ice Climbers. ICK.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3216 on: September 14, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »
What's wrong with the Ice Climbers? Did they steal your stuff?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3217 on: September 14, 2007, 09:26:11 PM »
Hey, having an extra attacker is a good thing.  I can do some serious damage with them.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #3218 on: September 14, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »
They just really annoy me in horrid ways.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3219 on: September 14, 2007, 11:24:21 PM »
If it's, "They own me hard in Melee," I want to read NOTHING of it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3220 on: September 14, 2007, 11:25:03 PM »
Good thing Brawl is a different game.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3221 on: September 15, 2007, 01:03:05 AM »
I don't think it's because they pwn her hard in Melee. Unless she knows some sadistically good person who only plays Climbers, there's no reason they in particular would beat her more than anyone else.

She is surely bugged by something like their beady little eyes and omnipresent giant grins, or maybe their shrill childish voices, or maybe the annoying move combo of the sliding icicles and the ability to freeze.

« Reply #3222 on: September 15, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »
They don't beat me anymore than any other character.

First of all, there's TWO of them and then every time they jump, it makes that little sound. They have that crazy grin that's just creepy and I don't like to play as them because it's weird to me. Their eyes are big and they're feet are, too, and then they're really stubby and I don't want to hit them because they look like two little lost kids! They seem like some kind of evil dolls.

I guess I'm being to serious.

« Reply #3223 on: September 15, 2007, 07:15:45 AM »
I, personally, have never had a problem with the Ice Climbers. I've always thought the little sounds they made were no more annoying than Kirby's little squeaks and screams. Then again, I never really played as 'em that much anyway.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3224 on: September 15, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
They don't beat me anymore than any other character.

First of all, there's TWO of them and then every time they jump, it makes that little sound. They have that crazy grin that's just creepy and I don't like to play as them because it's weird to me. Their eyes are big and they're feet are, too, and then they're really stubby and I don't want to hit them because they look like two little lost kids! They seem like some kind of evil dolls.

I guess I'm being to serious.

I find all of that extremely ironic coming from someone who has a penchant for them ghoulish BLYTHE dolls. :P

Print