Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711857 times)

« Reply #3240 on: September 17, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »
I hate racism as much as the next guy, but I don't think it just applies to white people. The blacks are guilty of it too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:14:47 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3241 on: September 17, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »
(no offense to your sister, NintendoExpert89).

Thank you for looking at the names of the post authors carefully enough.

It's my sister who is racist, not NE89's. And I don't really care what you call her, because my opinion of her isn't very positive at all.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3242 on: September 17, 2007, 06:09:36 PM »
There are two problems here...

1. Why is your sister racist? Racism seems so utterly pointless. They're skin colors, people, whoopdeedoo.

2. Don't call rap and hip-hop "Black people's music." It's like the same as calling rock and roll "White people's music." People don't have to be a certain color to enjoy music. Just because the demographic of African-American's listen to rap and hip-hop (that is horrible and I completely do stand against it in musical and moral values) doesn't mean it's that person's music.

3. Yes, SolidShroom is right. The driver is the one who controls the radio. You should have just pulled the car over and took her cell phone. The driver is basically a father/mother to everyone else in the car.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3243 on: September 17, 2007, 07:37:01 PM »
... rap and hip-hop (that is horrible and I completely do stand against it in musical and moral values)
Just because the majority of mainstream rap and hip hop that you hear has immoral lyrics and themes doesn't mean that the genre and style is inherently immoral.

Also could you let up on the Ignorant Right-Wing Bumpkin image for a little bit? It's making me, as a fellow Ohioan, look bad.

« Reply #3244 on: September 17, 2007, 08:43:38 PM »
I freaking' hate politics, both Right and Left. I'd rant and rave about how both sides really suck, but...oh who cares. Here's my two-cents.

The Right sucks because they're a bunch of ignorant, close-minded individuals who believe that rap, homosexuals and environmentalists are more evil than this stupid a** war we've been fighting over in Iraq. They also believe that establishing democracy in a country that totally rejects the idea is more important than real problems like global warming. They also refuse to use an alternate fuel source (hey, there's some dude using french-fry grease to power his car, yet we're still using ozone layer destroying gas).

The Left sucks because they support crap like abortion, think that everyone who isn't a liberal is an idiot and that guns are more dangerous than nuclear-wielding Iran. Not to mention they're a bunch of whimps who care more about gaining the votes of the senior citizens than meeting the needs of the future adults, just for extra votes come election time. They also refuse to let us oil in Alaska, yet expect us to bargain with oil-junkies like Hugo Chavez. (Yes, I know oil sucks, but I'm more or less arguing against compromise with Chavez).

There was a time where a was a hard-core conservative. There was a time where I was a flaming liberal. But not anymore. Both just...really suck. But I don't really have much of a choice; it's either right or left.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 10:11:06 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3245 on: September 17, 2007, 09:15:16 PM »
I get what Mr. Melee's saying--the rap and hip hop you'd hear on the radio is most likely going to be terrible trash about rape and stuff... But that doesn't mean all rap has to be. You can rap about anything. Tetris, nerdiness, Candy Land, etc.--the genre isn't all filth, just most "serious" "songs" in the genre are.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3246 on: September 17, 2007, 10:23:26 PM »
My sisters are racist...musically. They call me "white" just because I don't appreciate the mainstream rap.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #3247 on: September 17, 2007, 10:57:49 PM »
I get what Mr. Melee's saying--the rap and hip hop you'd hear on the radio is most likely going to be terrible trash about rape and stuff...

Pretty much all that is played on the station she wanted to hear, and pretty much all that was on her phone.

crap like abortion
What one views as death to hundreds, another views as continued life for millions.

But what do I care? I can't have an abortion, 'cause I'm a dude.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3248 on: September 17, 2007, 11:19:43 PM »
BirdPerson is right, hehe

But seriously, mainstream pop/rock/rap/hip-hop sucks and there's nothing we can do. People like to pour crap in their ears in the form of sound waves, and theres nothing we can do except listen to good music, make it, and tell other people to shut up about their crappy music. Also, let's not start a political debate here.

I get what Mr. Melee's saying--the rap and hip hop you'd hear on the radio is most likely going to be terrible trash about rape and stuff.
Heh, it's not about that sort of thing anymore either. It's about mega, candy-related double entendres, midget explotation, lip balm, condensed soup, and the gluteal muscles of exploited young women.

« Reply #3249 on: September 18, 2007, 01:12:36 AM »
While my personal favorite music genre is the white clay basket dances of the Tohono O'odham, I just need to come in here and say that I like rap, modern and old. Some catchy beats are thrown down and I really appreciate that. It's also very depressing how many people confine themselves solely into the most unoriginal music choices ever, classic rock. At least modern "pop" stations change their playlist once in awhile.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3250 on: September 18, 2007, 01:43:11 AM »
At least modern "pop" stations change their playlist once in awhile.
That doesn't make the music they play good. While most classic rock stations do overplay some songs, I find there to be a generally good variety in my local radio station. Also, how is classic rock unoriginal?

« Reply #3251 on: September 18, 2007, 02:18:55 AM »
Well, I'm just trying to say that driving in your car and listening to classic rock radio is kind of like taking a lunch break at work and eating a sandwich.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3252 on: September 18, 2007, 02:21:39 AM »
I guess that's sorta true, just like driving in your car listening to the pop radio station is like taking a lunch break and eating the fruity yogurt that everyone else is eating.

« Reply #3253 on: September 18, 2007, 03:02:38 AM »
Yeah but in my workplace everyone is eating sandwiches and they hate fruity yogurt, even despite the flavor changing every month.

And it's not like I don't eat Doritos and cake at my desk sometimes too.

« Reply #3254 on: September 18, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »
I never said that station I was listening to was "Classic Rock". Just "Rock". Plays all types of rock music, new and old, but usually not rock that can be heard in top 40 stations.

Print