Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711652 times)

« Reply #3270 on: September 19, 2007, 03:51:05 PM »
Dude, if you don't want to go, tell whoever is making you go to stop. I highly doubt a few hours away from the computer once a week is that bad, however.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3271 on: September 19, 2007, 05:31:22 PM »
I'm a bit angsty because Mariopedia has only a day or two before missing its due update.

« Reply #3272 on: September 19, 2007, 06:14:55 PM »
I have ANGST because I can't find AoStH on DVD anywhere.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3273 on: September 19, 2007, 06:19:09 PM »
Here it is, if this is the one you're talking about. Unless you mean you can't find it in stores...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3274 on: September 20, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
I've got ANGST since I'm being forced to go to some stupid Catholic Education Thingy tonight, from 6:00 to 9:30, which severely cuts into my Internet, game and phone time, not to mention a little something called homework. And I have to do this every Wednesday. What really ticks me off is that I don't really consider myself a Catholic (I'm more of an atheist), and I have to go to a three-and-a-half hour lecture on crap I don't believe in.

I understand where you're coming from.  Being a Christian, I can't stand the idea of abortion, so what you're doing every wednesday is like me being forced to listen to Hillary Clinton's abortion lectures.  All jokes aside, you shouldn't be forced to do something you don't believe in, but I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember, and God has helped me through a lot of stuff.  I guess with you being an atheist, we have some different views, but I'm not going to call you into account on that. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3275 on: September 20, 2007, 04:05:31 PM »
Well, I have no problem about other people's beliefs, and I don't get up in other people's faces about my choice of non-religion (in fact, I think this is the first time I've really brought up being an atheist). But it's ridiculous to me that I'm being forced to do this, and it actually is a lot like your example (or, for that matter, being forced to sit through one of her anti-game lectures).
every

« Reply #3276 on: September 20, 2007, 05:20:13 PM »
Here it is, if this is the one you're talking about. Unless you mean you can't find it in stores...

It is, but I meant in stores. I don't have the means to purchase it online.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3277 on: September 20, 2007, 06:10:57 PM »
I understand where you're coming from.  Being a Christian, I can't stand the idea of abortion, so what you're doing every wednesday is like me being forced to listen to Hillary Clinton's abortion lectures.  All jokes aside, you shouldn't be forced to do something you don't believe in, but I've been a Christian for as long as I can remember, and God has helped me through a lot of stuff.  I guess with you being an atheist, we have some different views, but I'm not going to call you into account on that. 

Is it required that all Christians be anti-abortion?

« Reply #3278 on: September 20, 2007, 06:18:22 PM »
Not at all. There are probably a few Christians out there who are pro-choice.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:20:26 PM by PaperLuigi »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3279 on: September 20, 2007, 09:20:31 PM »
Sure. I'm not anti-gay, either. Though, abortion's a tricky topic... save cancer patients, or make women have unwanted children? And, at what point does the fetus grow a soul?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3280 on: September 20, 2007, 09:29:54 PM »
Some say never. Others say immediately.

Personally, I don't have a say in the matter since I'm not a woman. Though I've seen some of the pictures the doctors take after an abortion. It's pretty disgusting and kinda sad. I've never liked the idea of "kill some to save others" but the argument is that the fetus is never really alive. To Christians, the soul is inside the baby immediately and killing it means the end of it's soul. To atheists/others, the fetus has no soul and we could use the aborted fetus to save the lives of people. It is a pretty tricky subject...it all comes down to what your beliefs are.

I feel sorry for the women that have to deal with this. :(
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:38:22 PM by PaperLuigi »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3281 on: September 20, 2007, 09:35:12 PM »
Abortion is such a huge frigging difficult issue because of how confusing and hard to decide it is. I mean, there are more important matters, yet many people vote solely on the issue of abortion. It doesn't make much sense anyway, because if we had a pro-choice president, I'm sure all of the Christian and other pro-life interest groups would make sure that abortion doesn't grow.

As for my stance on abortion, I'm at the same place as Bird Person. I mean these babies aren't really babies if they're only a bunch of cells. Plus, they are technically part of a woman's body, entitling her to its fate. Of course, that's not such a great argument--if I sliced off my arm, I'm sure I would have violated the law somewhere. And in response to the need of abortions, they're usually needed by careless teenagers who are too irresponsible to practice safe sex or abstinence and stuff. Honestly, there's a point where people can just stop the need for most abortions without even talking about them. Of course, rape victims should have the right to abort babies early on, considering they had no choice in the matter.

Finally though, what ever happened to adoption?

« Reply #3282 on: September 20, 2007, 09:43:08 PM »
While we're on the topic of "politics", there's something I'd like to point out:

http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/0920-07.htm

I'm sure all of you know this already, but just look at all the stuff we could be doing instead of trying to establish democracy in a place that doesn't want it.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3283 on: September 20, 2007, 09:45:48 PM »
But if we weren't wasting money in Iraq, we wouldn't be thinking about how it would be used better :P.

« Reply #3284 on: September 20, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
Probably.  :P

EDIT: If I was president, I'd spend my time trying to make peace and solve our enviromental problems. I remember when fuzzy and I were at each other's throats back in the day. Always fighting over politics and the enviroment. But...now I see where he was coming from. I was really messed up back then.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 09:53:14 PM by PaperLuigi »

Print