Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711529 times)

« Reply #3330 on: October 02, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »
Dude, give the title to Mr. Kennedy! He was Mr. Money in the bank after all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3331 on: October 03, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
I have minor ANGST because the Hanson concert I was going to see tonight is canceled.. but oh well, these things happen. :/
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3332 on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:51 AM »
Dude, give the title to Mr. Kennedy! He was Mr. Money in the bank after all.

Yeah, I was honestly shocked when he came out and said he was Mr. Mcmahon's son...even though it wasn't true.  I don't know, that was the first episode of wrestling I'd watched in awhile.  Anyway, I would like to see Mr. Kennedy with the title.  He's got one of those loud, boisterous personalities that's cool to see in a wrestler.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3333 on: October 04, 2007, 05:46:17 PM »
I'll let my IRC log do the talking here.

<BriGuy92> So, I was attempting a repair job on my PC gamepad.
<BriGuy92> I had it working perfectly.
<BriGuy92> PERFECTLY!
<BriGuy92> And then one wire came undone.
<BriGuy92> So no biggie, just resolder it, right?
<BriGuy92> So I resolder it, and plug it back into the PC.
<BriGuy92> And up pops the little bubble thingy saying "Device not recognized".
<BriGuy92> I got mad.
<BriGuy92> I tried resoldering all the wires, and it still wouldn't work.
<BriGuy92> So I threw it away.
<BriGuy92> I'm gonna buy a new one.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3334 on: October 04, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
Arrgh.  Best Buy wants $25+ for a 6' USB cable.  Their longest cable was only 16' and costs $50. 

BTW, my computer is working again, but I haven't got to the speakers or printer yet.  It's a pain having to move the contents of your entire house into the garage.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3335 on: October 05, 2007, 01:04:07 AM »
so today I get my car towed for parking in what I guess is a resident only lot when visiting a friend's apartment.

OH IT COSTS $140 TO GET IT BACK SERIOUSLY WHERE THE [EXPLITIVE] DID THEY PULL THIS NUMBER OUT OF? I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT, IT'S THE SAME PLACE WHERE THE PARTS OF THE FOOD YOU EAT THAT YOU DON'T USE COME OUT.
~I.S.~

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3336 on: October 05, 2007, 05:19:59 AM »
Too bad more places don't just use tire boots.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3337 on: October 05, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
If someone was parked in my personal parking place I wouldn't want them booted there. 

That price seems high to me, but I know prices vary by location.  Was the spot marked or in an obvious place like a driveway?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3338 on: October 06, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
My computer (actually my mom's) really sucks. The computer guy is coming to fix it, thank God. But it's till sucky.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3339 on: October 07, 2007, 07:35:49 PM »
I was going to pre-order SMG earlier before I went back to my dorm, but right when I get to the mall it closes!  AT 6PM! >:(  That is too early even for a Sunday!!!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3340 on: October 09, 2007, 01:20:25 AM »
If someone was parked in my personal parking place I wouldn't want them booted there. 

That price seems high to me, but I know prices vary by location.  Was the spot marked or in an obvious place like a driveway?

a) it was a parking lot in front of an apartment complex. Apparantly you need a permit to park there but there was no warning sign at all for this lot. There was one in an adjacent lot, but not this one/
b) there were several spots remaining in said lot, it's not like I was taking up space that a resident needed. There was, however, 0 space in the street where visitors normally park. At all.
c) Typical campus parking ticket cost = $20-$35.
d) I have parked in this lot numerous times before without being towed.
e) There were several (i.e., at least half a dozen) cop cars parked in the lot next to the towing company. POLICE EXTORTION RING? OH NO I'M SURE THIS ISN'T THE CASE I'M JUST PARANOID I MEAN THERE'S NO WAY THE POLICE FORCE GETS A CUT OF THIS
f) When I was picking the car up, there was an Asian girl there (who didn't speak English horribly well) who messed up her car rather bad (it was a ~$3k car, no collision insurance, probably not totaled but repairs would be very expensive). They managed to convince her to give them the title of the car in excahnge for towing fees. I'm 100% sure that the salvage value of the car >>>> the cost for the company to tow it.

Conclusion: The towing company is a legitimate, perfectly honorable business that has no hand in overpricing their "serivces" to screw over college students and over people with no power to fight them.

Conclusion II: I would not be able to say the above sentence with a straight face in person.

I mean, I can get back $140 from poker on a good day, it's just that I had much much better uses for that money and I didn't have a particularly good week to begin with. (The weekend, though, went quite well. :D )
~I.S.~

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3341 on: October 09, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
I have ANSGT because something just dawned on me: Cloverfield will most likely not be as awesome as I have hoped. I mean, over the months I've been imagining an awesome horror/disaster epic with the raddest monster ever, and while it will probably be just that, I know I'll end up feeling like a kid the day after getting the last of my Christmas presents. Also, I get the feeling it will go the path of Snakes on a Plane: it did poorly because no one actually wanted to see it, just make jokes about it.

Now that I think of it, I'll bet it'll be the same case with Duke Nukem Forever. Now I'm depressed.
every

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3342 on: October 10, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
Ok, so here's my Sonic in Brawl ANGST rant. Nintendo should stick to the premise of Smash here. Nintendo characters fighting against each other. I thought it was bad enough that they were putting Snake in, but Sonic? C'mon, Sega is Nintendo's rival. As if M&S at the Olympics wasn't enough.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #3343 on: October 10, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »
Dude, how is putting Snake in bad at all? I think it's great there are more characters.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3344 on: October 10, 2007, 03:57:59 PM »
C'mon, Sega is Nintendo's rival.
Haha are you living under a rock? That was 15 years ago.

Print