Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711770 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3375 on: October 12, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
They should do away with these stock sounds and get the people from DK64 to do their voices again. Or even recycle the clips from that game. Anything's better than those generic monkey recordings.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3376 on: October 12, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
I was expecting the delay. If you ask me, Galaxy will be delayed too, once they announce the release date.
I honestly wish that they took a bit more time in Twilight Princess (which had what, a three year delay? Well I don't blame them, what with the switching from Gamecube to Wii, but I still think they could've took like, two months more).

Don't mistake me for a patient person though.
"it's always the present"

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3377 on: October 12, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »
Great. My boyfriend just took off to go to Kentucky this morning without much warning. I never even got Luigi's Mansion back from him (It's mine, darn it! Why would I buy a GCN without a game?!). I feel so lonely now. He's the only friend I have outside of the internet and now I don't even know when I'm going to see him again.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3378 on: October 12, 2007, 09:07:29 PM »
I was expecting the delay. If you ask me, Galaxy will be delayed too, once they announce the release date.
I honestly wish that they took a bit more time in Twilight Princess (which had what, a three year delay? Well I don't blame them, what with the switching from Gamecube to Wii, but I still think they could've took like, two months more).

Don't mistake me for a patient person though.
1: It does have a release date--November 12th

and

2: What's wrong with Twilight Princess?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3379 on: October 13, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
Man do I hate handicaps (in bowling). Sure, it was a good thing when our team sucked, but we're much better than when we started two or three years ago. Today we were up against a team of younger kids and their handicap was ridiculous. Our total scratch (pins we actually hit) was five below their handicap. So their handicap was around 1025 (I don't know the exact numbers, but our total scratch was good), and our total handicap wasn't far below their total scratch. Without handicaps we would have won by about 400 pins. So our team is in second to last place... because we're good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3380 on: October 13, 2007, 10:04:29 PM »
I just saw my new CT. I've got to be more careful about what I say, lest my CT be "Beat up by girls and fooled by EGM and lost $10 in a Lego-related incident".
every

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3381 on: October 13, 2007, 10:05:01 PM »
1: It does have a release date--November 12th

and

2: What's wrong with Twilight Princess?

Oh! It has a release date.  Well I didn't know that...

Anyway, with the Twilight Princess thing: I think that they could have added some kind of reward after beating the game, like a hard mode or something, maybe without the cut scenes (which, for me, discouraged replay value), cause I beat that game in like, two weeks and was a bit disappointed with the easiness of it. Or they could have made it a bit harder, like Ocarina of Time (which, IMO, was the perfect balance of difficulty, freeroaming, story, and minigames). I, sadly, have not beat that game (OoT) yet. I'm stuck on Bongo Bongo...
"it's always the present"

« Reply #3382 on: October 13, 2007, 11:05:39 PM »
Note to anyone who ever plans on writing stories for a living: Please do not write the dialogue of the characters complete with accent.

I'm reading Sweat for my Ap Lit class and it is a huge pain trying to understand what these guys are trying to say.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3383 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:37 AM »
Bongo-Bongo is the easiest boss ever, guy! Use the lens and shoot his eye. Rhyme for a bit, and he will die!
Twilight Princess was very, very good, but too easy for its length...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3384 on: October 14, 2007, 04:45:31 AM »
Here's another suggestion: you don't need to use the lens to see him fly at you. If you know you've hit him in the eye, and he's going to charge, get your own spin ready and then let it go when his arms begin to fly past you. I'm pretty sure that worked for me.

« Reply #3385 on: October 14, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »
I'm kind of worried about a few of the forumers here. They're acting as if Brawl will be the best thing to ever occur in their lives, and that nothing this good will ever come to them again, so they can just go end their lives once they complete the game.

It's just a friggin' video game.

Sure it'll be awesome, but, um, yeah, you guys ever leave your house for stuff besides school and getting video games? If you're in high school, this is kinda supposed to be a magical time in your life that should be lived to its fullest. Go out and see the real world, it won't bite if you're careful. Your Wii can definitely wait. =D

Reassure me that you guys actually do stuff besides goin on the tubes and playing video games all day and I won't feel so uneasy. I care.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3386 on: October 15, 2007, 12:30:08 AM »
Yes, there is much talk and hype. But nobody has declared that they shall dedicate their life to any particular game, so don't concern yourself.

EDIT: Also, that's the Fallacy of False Dilemma!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:35:46 AM by Suffix »

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3387 on: October 15, 2007, 12:32:32 AM »
To say the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Brawl was a disappointment like Super Paper Mario, TP to a degree, and Red Steel, all three of those were mega hyped Wii games.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3388 on: October 15, 2007, 09:34:11 AM »
The ceiling in my living room is (or maybe was; I don't know if it's been fixed yet) falling down. I had to completely unplug my computer, move it into another room, and move the desk so that the ceiling can be fixed sometime today. I'm going to have to move the desk back, set my computer back up, and write as good of a review of Phoenix Wright 3 as I possibly can when I get home.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3389 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »
maybe without the cut scenes (which, for me, discouraged replay value)
Didn't you know you could skip them? I just happened to notice it in the manual. (I never skip them.)
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print