Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711450 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3390 on: October 15, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
The cutscenes in Beyond Good & Evil always PO'd me since they're unskippable. On my second playthrough I'd just go make a sandwich whenever one started (or go read War and Peace).
every

« Reply #3391 on: October 17, 2007, 06:36:16 PM »
After seeing a few of my posts, I have come to the conclusion that I am extremely illiterate (like George Dubya). It really bothers me and it’s quite embarrassing when other members point it out (this is nothing against any members here, it's just kinda embarrassing).  I’ll have to watch myself from now on so that I don’t mess up, however. And that’s why I have ANGST. :(
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3392 on: October 17, 2007, 08:08:27 PM »
Right now I have ANGST because of "Wow Brian ur so dumb you play old games" Certain people just never seem to be able to leave me alone whenever I experience an old game for the first time. Like, for example, F-Zero GX, which I just bought yesterday. Just because I play games months, even years after everyone else doesn't make me evil or unclean, people.

No, Chup, I wasn't specifically talking about you, even though I didn't appreciate the comment.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3393 on: October 18, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
So.... ya. Getting a summer internship.

Much harder than I expected. :|
~I.S.~

« Reply #3394 on: October 18, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »
My fiancee's  eldest sister (and her daughter) have moved in with us temporarily. Her sister is breaking up with her boyfriend/fiancee of several years.

I'm not going to go into extreme details (mostly because I don't know but just a bit), but it's not so much that she's there, it's just that it's cutting into my fiancee and I's already limited time together. Her sister and I have always gotten along, and her daughter is well behaved for the most part (kids will be kids..), so everybody getting along is not an issue.

I have angst because the already limited time my fiancee and I have together has become moreso limited.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3395 on: October 18, 2007, 02:26:47 PM »
I don't get it. It's not fair. No matter how much I practice, no matter how late I stay up on a school night, no matter how many cans of Full Throttle I consume, I cannot beat any song on Hard in Guitar Hero II. It defies all logic. I rock on Medium, and I can usually get upwards of four stars on most songs in GH1 on Hard, but I suck on even the easiest songs in GH2. Even worse, I get all paranoid when I'm on a caffeine high.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3396 on: October 18, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
Man, not only is it just about impossible for me to find any time to work on my book, but I keep getting writer's block.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3397 on: October 18, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting tired of the sarcasm here(yeah, it ain't nothing new, but who cares, I'm gonna rant about it anyway). If anyone has anything to say, they should just say it without acting like a jerk. NE89 said one of the reasons he left was because there's a huge chance of being criticized or shot down here for simple comments or even intelligent conversation. I totally see where he's coming from, because just now, one of my comments was met with sarcasm when there was no need for it. Absolutely no need whatsoever, but as usual, this member did it anyway. I know in life there are people who are nice, and people who aren't, but.....Is it really that hard to be nice to someone? Is it really? People make a lot more friends in real life by being nice than being sarcastic. I know my rant right now will probably go unnoticed, but a wise man once said "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it," so I ask you, forum members. Do we really want to see another good member go just because we can't try to be nice? Politeness is worth so much, but costs so little.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:58:06 PM by PaperLuigi »

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3398 on: October 18, 2007, 06:41:14 PM »
PaperLuigi has a really good point here. Anyone who's ever been on Acmlm's Board knows what sarcasm and jerkiness can be like. That's the whole reason that Acmlm's is falling apart right now. So yeah, like he said: It'd be great if we could all act civilized.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3399 on: October 18, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »
As a neutral third party: The Internet is not here to be your friend.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3400 on: October 18, 2007, 06:50:29 PM »
You have a point, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the internet is here to be your enemy.

« Reply #3401 on: October 18, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
As a neutral third party: The Internet is not here to be your friend.

Okay, but does it take a lot to be friendly anyway? What you're saying is that the internet is an excuse to be a jerk. Is that right?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3402 on: October 18, 2007, 11:09:25 PM »
No that isn't what he said at all. He said what he said.

« Reply #3403 on: October 18, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »
That's fine, the internet isn't here to be your friend, I get that. I'm asking if that should be an excuse to be sarcastic/a jerk.

This doesn't have to be a difficult thing. Being polite without rude sarcasm costs so little and means a lot to the people around you. I am very frustrated that NE89 left because we all feel so high and mighty that we feel the need to be sarcastic. It may be fun to us, but it isn't fun for the person it's directed at.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3404 on: October 18, 2007, 11:25:54 PM »
Sarcasm is awful and unfunny. It must be stopped. It's only ever used with bad intentions anyway. The way Chupperson had used it on BriGuy that caused is the only way it is ever used. Thus concludes my explanation on why the generalization that sarcasm is a bad thing is completely understandable and accurate.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print