Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711780 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3450 on: October 28, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »
That's why all I ever use YT for are insane Cloverfield theory videos, people getting 105% on Free Bird on Expert, and Robot Chicken clips I've already seen.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3451 on: October 29, 2007, 07:31:11 AM »
I'm afraid that after three Capcom games, Nintendo has unintentionally proved to me that they are incabable of making portable versions of their OWN DANG SERIES.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3452 on: October 29, 2007, 09:45:09 AM »
Yesterday morning, my Internet connection shut down for 24 hours because a download caused us to go over the daily limit. My connection sucks...but at least the downtime gave me some time to play StepMania and StarCraft (not at the same time, though...I wonder if I could get my dad to let me use the laptop...). The sad thing is that though I was able to pause the download before it messed us up any more (it was still puttering along at 2kb a second)...it has 2.9MB left (out of 1234.3). Fortunately, I should be able to resume the download after school today.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3453 on: October 29, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
What a horrible cap to have to have. Comcast has one but prefers not to disclose it in fear that people will reach it more. However, it has said that the cap is around "downloading 4 full length movies" per day.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3454 on: October 29, 2007, 03:27:46 PM »
That reminds me, I read that Comcast has blocked BitTorrent protocol! I'd be really, REALLY angsty if I had some reason to use BitTorrent currently.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3455 on: October 29, 2007, 05:15:33 PM »
Okay, I'm really annoyed. I wasn't able to finish the download, which means I wasted a whole day of Internet usability to put a 1.2GB chunk of useless data onto my hard drive.

The cap is worse than you think. Most of that data was downloaded during the hours of 3 and 6 in the morning, when HughesNet ignores the 375MB cap. I had to use that same chunk of time once before to download the MapleStory installer, but that download at least managed to finish with no problems.

« Reply #3456 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:52 PM »
I'm afraid that after three Capcom games, Nintendo has unintentionally proved to me that they are incabable of making portable versions of their OWN DANG SERIES.

New SMB..? Yoshi's Island DS..? Mario vs DK..?

I have minor angst because my fiancee and I bought a washer and dryer set from Home Depot, and when the delivery/installation guys came, they discovered that the dryer was damaged. The frame where the door sits in the dryer had a dent in it, and there was something else wrong too (but I can't remember what it was.. cursed absentminded-ness).

They were extremely nice guys, so I don't think it was them who managed to damage the dryer, but now Nikki and I have to do laundry that's been piling up over the weekend at our parents' because we still dont' have our own washer/dryer set. The delivery guys said it would be next Monday, so hopefully a week from now..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3457 on: October 29, 2007, 06:04:18 PM »
Um, YIDS was made by Artoon, not Nintendo.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3458 on: October 29, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
What I meant was that Oracle of Ages/Seasons and Minish Cap--technically not made by Nintendo--were fun, and, well... less can be said for PH.

This brings me to another statement of utmost angst, one which has simmered inside me for some time but was brought to a full broil by the comparitive mediocrity of Phantom Hourglass. I'm just going to get it all off of my chest now so that I'll feel better and never have to bring it up with such severity again.

Am I the only one who thinks it's an incredibly bad sign that the brains behind Twilight Princess--basically the best videogame ever--have publicly lamented how it turned out? And then they spin around and act like Zelda's newest DS offering--statistically the lowest-scored official LoZ game in recent times--is some sort of godsend? I can tolerate a pithy timewaster like Flash Focus or Wii Fit here and there when it's handled properly, but I really don't know if I want to be part of the Nintendo future I'm seeing now: Namely, one where what used to be just a "game" (say, Super Paper Mario) is now considered hardcore in light of all the empty, so-so installments that surround it. I just feel insulted that Nintendo's new "games for everyone" philosophy comes across as viewing what was once an average gamer like myself as some pesty, obsessed hanger-on from the last generation whom they must occasionally sate with proverbial dogbones in the form of half-arsed sequels and the occasional--*gasp*--actually good game. I can cut the Wii some slack for still being the new kid on the block, but the DS has been on the scene for four years, and even after beating games like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, I still feel that their GBA ancestors had more substance (seriously, can those carts hold more than a DS card? Or is it the two screens and touch control that eat up all the extra space). If my favorite franchises are going to turn into Brain Age with swords and jumping, go ahead, Nintendo, and cater to rest-home residents and housewives, because I've just about had it.
And one last note: Innovative controls can be fun, but that's no excuse for a lack of depth (i.e. PH's bland dungeons, sucky music, and near-zilch plot). I feel like in ten years, we're gonna reach the point where you can beat all Nintendo games in two hours without losing once, but since you control everything with your left kneecap, it's magically game of the year material.

« Reply #3459 on: October 29, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
The recent questioning of Nintendo's games is giving me ANGST. I'm tired of both the "Wii's games have sucked this year" (which ISN'T true, in my opinion) and the "Nintendo's been sucking in recent times and is only digging deeper into their hole".

I feel as if some people have registered here merely to complain about Nintendo's recent performance (Mario Maniac, anyone?). If you don't like Nintendo's games anymore, just stop playing them. Go find a different console (that's what my brother did two console generations ago, and he doesn't complain). Or, OR, get this, go outside and find interesting things in the real world.

It's not hard. It'd probably keep some of your money in your pocket too, which you can save for better stuff (things BETTER than video games? GASP!), like a day out with your friends.

"Vid, are you even a gamer?"

Yes, I like video games. They've given me countless hours of entertainment on a rainy day, or when nothing was on TV. But I also have a life. Not a bad thing to have, really. They're easy to create, too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3460 on: October 29, 2007, 09:19:47 PM »
(seriously, can those carts hold more than a DS card? Or is it the two screens and touch control that eat up all the extra space)
You're joking, right?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3461 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:08 AM »
Why does Vid tell us to get a life so much?

Is he becoming the next... Trainman!?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3462 on: October 30, 2007, 07:11:00 AM »
You're joking, right?
I just want to know why all my GBA games seem way longer than my DS games.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3463 on: October 30, 2007, 07:40:05 AM »
Yeah. I think it's crap that PiT is shorter than SS and only has two save files. I can't even play through it because the characters are all at level 100 in the first file and the other file is my boyfriend's low level run.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3464 on: October 30, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »
Quit whining and go buy the Mega Man ZX games. There's some quality gaming with longer length and improvements over its GBA counterparts. No, Nintendo did not make these games. Who said Nintendo had to make the best games for their systems?
That was a joke.

Print