Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711580 times)

« Reply #3465 on: October 30, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
Why does Vid tell us to get a life so much?

Is he becoming the next... Trainman!?
Heaven forbid I become emo. =P

I'm definitely not telling people to get off their internets and stop playing altogether. I'm just saying there's more interesting things in this world than just video games.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3466 on: October 30, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
I no longer have Pokémon Diamond, thanks to a jerk that rides my bus that took the game out of my backpack and destroyed it. If, against all odds, the system works for me and he's somehow forced to pay me back for it, I'm buying a new SLOT-2 device to replace the piece of crap that is the MMD (are there any other ones that use a CF card?) so that I don't have to keep restarting Etrian Odyssey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3467 on: October 30, 2007, 05:47:13 PM »
Yeah. I think it's crap that PiT is shorter than SS and only has two save files. I can't even play through it because the characters are all at level 100 in the first file and the other file is my boyfriend's low level run.
Totally. That's another thing I don't get: Not only are PiT and LoZPH way punier than SS and LoZMC, but they've only got two save files. I mean, I never use the third one--and I always thought three was an odd (no pun intended) number--but it feels unsettling when they're gone. Heck, I'd take GBA-sized cards if it means I'll actually enjoy myself.
This brings me to what I think is really the salt in the wound when it comes to the DS (and to some extent, the Wii): It launched with SM64DS, which--remake though it was--had stunning graphics and all the content of its source--and then some. Now, it's been nearly three years, and nothing else has even come close in scope, like Nintendo wanted to mock their fans before opening the floodgates for low-budget BS. Now, like I said before, don't get me wrong--I've got no problem with simple games; I just can't tolerate it when that wimpiness leaks out of the case of Nintendogs (Dauchsund and Friends) and seeps into that new copy of Phantom Hourglass on the shelf below.
My suggestion, Nintendo? Just make some sort of separate console for the baby boomers and yuppies who don't have time to play something worth buying--think of it as videogame training wheels. I used to say it was dumb for Nintendo to claim that the DS wasn't the new Game Boy. Now, I hope they were telling the truth. In the end, it's just classic greedy laziness: Why make good, involved games for people who are devoted to thinking and appreciating a well-thought-out title and make money when you can release a dozen flops targeted towards people who'll never play them--and (somehow) make just as much? It's laziness fueling laziness, and get used to it, folks, because you just don't matter as much to Nintendo anymore.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3468 on: October 30, 2007, 05:53:15 PM »
Nintendo doesn't make all the games for its consoles.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3469 on: October 30, 2007, 06:08:47 PM »
Was the GBA really so much better? It lived off of easified SNES remakes and a few decent originals. Heck, we didn't even get the SNES games that would have sold best remade!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3470 on: October 30, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »
I'm definitely tired of Vid acting like he's crusading to save us from ourselves.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3471 on: October 30, 2007, 10:47:32 PM »
I stopped caring about what Chup had to say about me a long time ago.

Anyway, here's an ANGST post that people might deem OKAY for this thread (even though the first post says we can complain about anything) and will probably get people off my back:

I get to world 9 after about 30-40 attempts of World 8 SMB2J on my Wii VC. I get there, with one life. Get the nice fancy ending, and everything.

Then I die in World 9-1. I can't play world 9 again (at least not until I clear the first 8 again).

...........!!!!!!!!!

Unless that "return to the world you last left off on" trick works in this game, which I assume it does not.

EDIT: Apparently, you're only given 1 life to begin with when you're in world 9.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:25:43 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3472 on: October 31, 2007, 07:07:17 AM »
Nintendo doesn't make all the games for its consoles.
Yeah, but they sure as heck are responsible for what makes it on there.

Was the GBA really so much better? It lived off of easified SNES remakes and a few decent originals. Heck, we didn't even get the SNES games that would have sold best remade!
Yes, they did remake old games with excessive 1ups, but at least the games that were original were incredibly awesome. And just out of curiousity, what in the world do you suggest they should've remade besides every 2D console Mario, the DKC trilogy and Link to the Past? SMRPG? Not with only A and B!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3473 on: October 31, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
SMRPG totally would have worked without X and Y. It would be less cool, but you could select your battle command with a list. It would still be SMRPG. SMW more actively used Y and pulled off a playable GBA port.
There might be another SNES RPG that got ported in Japan and never released here...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3474 on: October 31, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »
There might be another SNES RPG that got ported in Japan and never released here...
Honestly, at this point, I think they should just put all three of the games in that series on a single DS card and release it in the US, especially since they're putting a character from one of the Japan-only ones in Brawl as a playable character.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3475 on: October 31, 2007, 05:34:50 PM »
^ If they could fit it on there...

« Reply #3476 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:56 PM »
They could, easily. It's just a NES game, an SNES game, and a GBA game - all 2D.

Heck, to put it in perspective, didn't the Castlevania Double Pack put two GBA games on one GBA cartridge?

(Or were there two cartridges in there? I never really figured it out.)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3477 on: October 31, 2007, 08:54:05 PM »
Single cartridge.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3478 on: October 31, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
Castlevania Double Pack - two games, one ROM chip. (I'm assuming you never saw the actual cartridge. I own it.)
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3479 on: October 31, 2007, 10:55:27 PM »
Also we had three SNES->GBA Final Fantasies, the closest thing to SMRPG.

Print