Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711650 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3480 on: November 01, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »
I actually like PH despite its shortness and only having two save files.  The only similarity to MM that I wanted it to have was being a somewhat direct sequel to an earlier Zelda title.

The one thing I didn't like about TP was that it tried too hard to be OoT.

I'm tired with how some people automatically think Melee whenever the first Smash Bros. is mentioned. (You say SSB and they automatically think Melee)

Look closely SSB.  Do you see a 'M' at the end of that abbreviation? NO!  'SSB' refers to the first Smash Brothers game Don't refer to it as 'Melee'
SSBM     THERE's your 'M'  THIS is the abbreviation for Super Smash Brothers Melee
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:35:33 PM by Kojinka »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3481 on: November 01, 2007, 05:53:43 PM »
In general, when a not-so-serious gamer says "Let's play Smash Bros." they mean Melee. EVERYONE. Has played Melee. But, when you want to shorten it and you know the subtitle exists, you say, "Let's play Melee."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3482 on: November 01, 2007, 06:37:39 PM »
I have ANGST because of a certain situation that occured in between classes today.

I was sitting at one of the tables eating my lunch with a couple of people I had met when I started going to the gaming area of the building two months ago, enjoying random conversation with them. A girl joined us at the table shortly after I finished lunch, and was also a fun person to talk with. We both joked, and constantly repeated "NOM NOM NOM"1 and the girl who was already sitting down joined in.

Then another girl joined us at the table. By this time, the guy who was sitting with us had to leave, and the girl who came and sat with us was engaging in conversation with someone close at another table. The girl who had just joined us basically shot down anything I wanted to say, and generally made me feel unwelcome at the table, and even went so far as claiming people at the table were making fun of me, when I had been there the entire time and was quite aware that they were not.

Weird thing is, she was fairly nice the first few times I met her, and even hugged me once when I pointed out in front of her that I liked hugs.

Next time this situation occurs, I will point this out and politely ask her to stop, instead of just getting quiet for the rest of my duration in the building, as I have done the many times in the past when a similar situation has occured.

1I wouldn't go looking this up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 06:54:07 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3483 on: November 01, 2007, 07:25:16 PM »
I have ANGST because my stupid cable internet keeps being really slow. At the moment, it is literally slower than 14k dial-up. :(

1I wouldn't go looking this up.
I looked it up and just found a bunch of lolcats...
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #3484 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:38 PM »
That's fine. Just don't go too deep into it. :P

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3485 on: November 02, 2007, 01:56:23 PM »
Yes. Nary a man has investigated the NOM NOM NOM mystery and escaped with his sanity intact.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3486 on: November 02, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »
I have angst because it seems that my wisdom teeth are coming in and I have a nasty feeling that I'm gonna be in a world of pain sooner or later. Seeing a dentist isn't an option either.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3487 on: November 05, 2007, 07:45:42 AM »
Ugh... orthodontist this morning.

Oh, and...

It's a shame Super Mario Galaxy technically isn't developed by the true, blue, NoJ Kyoto Nintendo. Now, don't get me wrong, I know the game's gonna pwn mightily, but it's really sad for Nintendo's part. What, are they too busy?
Actually, wait, I can see how this makes sense... I mean, when you're making dog-petting simulators and brain-quizzing games, are you so freaking swamped, or what?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3488 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:09 AM »
So it's not Nintendo developing Galaxy. They didn't develop any games in the Metroid Prime series and they're all awesome games.

Nintendo didn't develop Yoshi's Island DS and that game's pretty great too.

Stop knocking the third parties, they can make awesome games too. Just because they don't have the name Nintendo doesn't mean they're terrible at making games.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3489 on: November 05, 2007, 01:03:49 PM »
I am trying to figure out just what to do...I got a c- on my first of three essays I'm doing this year for English.  Knowing how picky my professor is, I'm probably going to do the same or worse on the essay I'm turning in today.  I only have one more essay, and I'm completely losing all confidence in my essay writing ability.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3490 on: November 05, 2007, 07:31:54 PM »
I'm juts checking the boards over, but I will break my "weekends only" policy just to say this: The idea is to avoid losing confidence. That'll only further solidify your inability to write an essay.

« Reply #3491 on: November 05, 2007, 07:57:38 PM »
It's a shame Super Mario Galaxy technically isn't developed by the true, blue, NoJ Kyoto Nintendo.
Uh... then who are you saying did develop it?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3492 on: November 05, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »
Why, oh why, did I consume a Pixie Stick while I have a sore throat? Those things are basically just raw sugar, which dries my mouth out to no end, and now it feels like I coated the inside of my mouth with a few packs of quick-clot.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3493 on: November 05, 2007, 08:30:29 PM »
Don't listen to ShadowBrain. It's developed by EAD.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3494 on: November 05, 2007, 08:44:55 PM »
I know. I want to know who he says developed it, as I stated.

Print