Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711862 times)

« Reply #3495 on: November 05, 2007, 08:55:06 PM »
Well even if it isn't, I'm sure it'd still be an awesome game if it was being developed by a third party, like many third party titles.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3496 on: November 06, 2007, 12:22:22 AM »
But it is. Now we just want to know who ShadowBrain thought was developing it.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3497 on: November 08, 2007, 08:20:29 AM »
I have angst because my school's bus drivers apparently reviewed the student handbook, and starting on Tuesday, students will no longer be allowed to use electronics on the bus. I still need to talk to my bus driver about this, because I spend a total of about an hour on the bus every day, and I use that time to play games that I review for my school's newspaper. I get a grade in English for writing these reviews, and if I don't have time to play the game and write a review, that's a huge number of points monthly I can't get. I'm not going to have time at home to play them for much longer, either, because of homework, chores, band, driving (50 hours, ten of which have to be at night, before I can get my license), and (eventually) a job, so I have to be able to use this time on the bus, and console games are pretty much out of the question (though I don't really play anything other than my PC and my DS nowadays). This also means I won't have as much time to spend in #tmk...but I digress. This sudden change means I also won't be able to listen to my MP3 player on the bus, which means that for an hour, I have to listen to the kids from the grade school screaming, and the other high schoolers (who won't be able to listen to their music either) yapping about stupid stuff.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:35:35 AM by WarpRattler »

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3498 on: November 08, 2007, 04:53:33 PM »
Original content.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3499 on: November 08, 2007, 05:03:42 PM »
^Bird Person

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3500 on: November 08, 2007, 06:02:30 PM »
But he's still there.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3501 on: November 08, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »
But it is. Now we just want to know who ShadowBrain thought was developing it.
Nintendo EAD Tokyo.

And I'm not knocking third parties (in fact, like I said before, I think the Capcom Zeldas were the best portable Zeldas), though I suppose that Nintendo EAD is a more of a second-party. I was just trying to say that I think it's weird that the "Nintendo" Nintendo isn't (credited with) developing it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3502 on: November 08, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »
Surely you're joking?
Quote from: wikipedia
Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development (or EAD; formerly Research & Development Team 4) is the largest division inside Nintendo. Famed developer Shigeru Miyamoto serves as the head of the EAD studios and is credited as producer for each game released from EAD, with varying degrees of involvement. EAD is best-known for their work on games in the Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, and Donkey Kong franchises. In 2004 Nintendo underwent a corporate restructuring, in which Nintendo Research and Development 1 and Nintendo Research & Development 2 were merged under the EAD banner.

« Reply #3503 on: November 08, 2007, 07:20:17 PM »
Maybe he's thinking of the studio that developed Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat. It falls under the same banner but EAD Tokyo is the newest and has only worked on Jungle Beat.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3504 on: November 08, 2007, 08:27:58 PM »
In name.  That doesn't mean the people in the actual office aren't longer-time Nintendo employees.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3505 on: November 08, 2007, 10:26:32 PM »
How could it in any way be a second (or third) party when it is being developed by an in-house production studio?
That was a joke.

« Reply #3506 on: November 09, 2007, 11:16:20 AM »
The people who think they're experts about stuff but are really just completely ignorant about it give me ANGST.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3507 on: November 09, 2007, 03:04:09 PM »
I really really hope that Ness hasn't been left out of Brawl. I'm also kinda sick of people saying that just because Lucas is in the game and has basically the same moves as Ness, and because Ness hasn't been mentioned yet, means he's not going to be in the game. If Ness is indeed gone, though, I guess I must hold true to my promise.

Lucas was actually supposed to replace Ness in SSBM. Will he be replaced now?
I would cry. I really would. He looks like a Luigified Ness to me.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3508 on: November 09, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
For a split second after I heard about Lucas, just a split second, I thought that this Lucas was the Lucas from The Wizard. I can see it now: All his moves revolve around twisting his Power Glove to mimic what's happening on a prerecorded video. And his victory phrase? "I love the Power Glove...it's so bad."
every

« Reply #3509 on: November 09, 2007, 05:45:40 PM »
Oh, poop.

I was going to try out the online part of LoZ:PH, so I decided to check out Nintendo's website on how to set up my Wi-fi USB connector (since it's been a long time). I was looking through their FAQ, and discovered that they discontinued the Wi-Fi USB connector. Now I'm going have to buy a Wireless router. My question is: why? The USB connector was so easy: just install the CD, plug in the connector, and register you're system. Isn't easy installation Nintendo's goal? Not to mention I'll have to buy a wireless router first.

Is it still possible to use the USB connector? Has Nintendo made any plans to bring it back? Or is all hope lost for it and I'll have to go the way of a Wireless router?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Print