Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711871 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3630 on: November 30, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
Run out of business.  Right.  They're the second wealthiest company in Japan and have been running longer than either Sony or Microsoft.

« Reply #3631 on: November 30, 2007, 09:05:21 PM »
Relax, the world wouldn't end if a game company went down the toilet. Do you think people truly lamented the death of the video game industry back in the early 80s? If people were able to move on then, they can definitely move on now.

NIntendo won't be run out of the business. Not for a long long time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3632 on: November 30, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
It's just been something that's been bugging me for a while.  I didn't know Nintendo was so wealthy.  I feel reassured now knowing that they'll be sticking around for a while.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3633 on: December 01, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »
By the time Nintendo will have been run out of business, there would probably a fourth competitor in the console wars (IBM, maybe?).
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3634 on: December 01, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
IBM isn't even a competitor in the computer wars anymore.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3635 on: December 01, 2007, 11:33:03 PM »
IBM already won the console wars.  They make the CPUs of all three consoles!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3636 on: December 01, 2007, 11:56:01 PM »
IBM is like the kid who won "Appears Most In Yearbook" by hiding in the background of all the photos.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3637 on: December 02, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »
They killed Nintendo.com. I mean not like "delete" kill, but they changed it. Now it looks like Wii.com.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 02:51:29 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3638 on: December 02, 2007, 03:01:55 PM »
Dude, they do that all the time with, well, everything. Look at the Spider-Man 2.1 DVD: you get eight or so minutes of extra scenes that drag out the film (especially that scene with Hal Sparks), and the awesome extras included on the original Spider-Man 2-disc Special Edition DVD have been replaced with "Hey, you! Go watch Spider-Man 3!"
every

« Reply #3639 on: December 02, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »
No one wants a monopoly. Everyone stops trying then because there's no one to be better than. I'm glad Sony and Microsoft are there because it makes Nintendo want to be better. Besides, I like both Sony and Microsoft as it is.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3640 on: December 02, 2007, 05:30:42 PM »
IBM is like the kid who won "Appears Most In Yearbook" by hiding in the background of all the photos.

Had there been a catergory for that, I would have won it in my senior year of high school.

I have angst because I want to play Mario Galaxy, but have no time becuase I already need to start getting ready for tomorrow: I have to be at work at 5AM (when BK opens). I hate opening, because I am like a slug in the mornings (read: slow) and things that take other people around 15 minutes take me upto 20 or more.

I don't mind coming in an hour or so later because all the things I would be slow at are done already by that point.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3641 on: December 02, 2007, 09:46:25 PM »
I think there's a leak in the roof of my house.  Which is pretty unfortunate.

Wait, lemme rephrase that.  I think there's a leak in the roof of my house that's directly over my room.  As of right now, I don't see any kind of water damage, but I'm about to go tell my parents, let them know that there's something else falling apart in the house.  While there is no damage, there is a very annoying dripping noise right over my head while I work at my desk.  Which is unfortunate to a degree I can't express.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3642 on: December 03, 2007, 07:54:26 AM »
They killed Nintendo.com. I mean not like "delete" kill, but they changed it. Now it looks like Wii.com.
Totally.

*sigh* ...weekend's over...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3643 on: December 03, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »
I have ANGST because people complain about school.

I like school, and Melee says there's something wrong with me for liking school, for some very odd reason.

You learn stuff in school. That stuff can help you in the future. I like learning this stuff. Just because it's kind of forced on you shouldn't make you go "I don't wanna do this, I hate this".

It also helps the day go by quicker. Because everyone's been down that "I'M SO BORED" road during the summer, and the day goes by slowly and you have nothing to do.

And for people who live in stretched out areas like I do, it's kind of hard to see friends. The only place I could really see friends until I got my driver's license was in school.

Also, many of your teachers try to make learning more fun for you. When you're in high school and college this holds true, though there are teachers like that present in middle school too.

Extra-curricular activities can also help you from going insane, and actually give you an academic boost, and allow you to look forward to the more fun parts of your day.

I'd say the only things I truly disliked about school was phys. ed., and the fact that most of the students were mean to me in middle school. That's it. I still enjoyed learning and the extra-curricular activity I took.

High school was 4 enjoyable years of my life, and I'm enjoying college very much, as well.

You also kind of have to like what you're doing in college, or else you won't be able to handle it much, in my opinion. Many students dropped out of the FRESHMAN level classes I'm in because they couldn't handle it.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3644 on: December 03, 2007, 02:29:36 PM »
Personally, I don't have a problem with school. I have a problem with the students. Between the idiots whose minds are constantly in the gutter and the freshmen that think they're better than every other person that even steps foot into the school, I have no idea how I manage to retain my last shreds of sanity.

Print