Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711448 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3660 on: December 04, 2007, 06:50:39 PM »
Though I agree that the shirts are nice, I don't particuarly like Hot Topic for much of the same reasons. The scariest thing about it, to me, is that my mom likes it.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3661 on: December 04, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
They might say that we don't like the store because they're different, but the main reason why I don't like it is because the music is terrible and cranked up to level 11.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3662 on: December 04, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
I hate Hot Topic because it fuels the whole "80s were so great" mentality that is carried around by 30 year old internet nerds and scene kids who think Care Bears are cool despite never living in that era or even watching the show. VH1 is also guilty of this.

Of course, I'd completely disregard that if they suddenly started selling shirts with Super NES or N64 era stuff, or anything that was from the 90s that didn't suck.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3663 on: December 04, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »
Speaking of Care Bears, that's something that fills me with ANGST. I'm really beginning to hate what Play Along Toys or whoever has the rights to them are doing. It's bad enough that they made "new" bears that basically serve the same purpose as one of the old ones (for example, Do-Your-Best Bear tells us to do our best, but Champ Bear already does that!), but they were redesigned fairly recently and now they look horrible!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3664 on: December 04, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »
Care Bears frighten me.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3665 on: December 04, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »
Old Care Bears were way cool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3666 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:18 PM »
I have nothing against Care Bears.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3667 on: December 05, 2007, 01:14:03 AM »
I only find Care Bears frightening if there is a lot of them and there all around me and they're staring at me and... AND...

*Starts hyperventilating*
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3668 on: December 05, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
When you can't make friends with anyone when you were little, Care Bears are just about the next best thing.

Heck, that's another thing that really ticks me off. Lack of friends. I couldn't get any back then because of my appearance/disability and I can't get any now because I can't leave the house. I guess I should thank my lucky stars for my boyfriend. He's all I got.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3669 on: December 05, 2007, 02:22:45 PM »
I'm constantly getting annoyed at my girlfriend's ability to get stuff I don't have. I mean, she must have Mafia connections. Anyone who acts like it's nothing special to own a full Rock Band bundle is either rich or magic, or something.
every

« Reply #3670 on: December 05, 2007, 04:52:03 PM »
Or somehow involved with the black market.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3671 on: December 05, 2007, 05:22:56 PM »
Going back to Hot Topic, it's a pretty nice store. And Bird Person is incorrect. In hell, every store looks like Hollister. Seriously, the only time I would not disown someone if I caught them going in, already in, or leaving this place would be if they had C4 in their hands.

« Reply #3672 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:58 PM »
What is wrong with you people?  They're stores!  It's not as though you are forced to sell your soul upon entering any of these places.  It's just a place that has objects that some people may find desirable, and others, not so desirable.  No more.  No less.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3673 on: December 06, 2007, 08:16:56 AM »
Geez... big flood... missed three days of school... my grandparents' second house... two feet of mud... roads destroyed...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3674 on: December 06, 2007, 01:16:14 PM »
What is wrong with you people?  They're stores!  It's not as though you are forced to sell your soul upon entering any of these places.  It's just a place that has objects that some people may find desirable, and others, not so desirable.  No more.  No less.

Yes, but if I go there to buy an Invader Zim shirt, then I will have stepped foot inside a Hot Topic. That's against everything I stand for, and even some things I don't stand for.
every

Print