Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711539 times)

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #3705 on: December 14, 2007, 04:33:04 PM »
I am very, very sick right now. I throat feels like it's on fire and my nose is running like crazy. Uh, I hate it.

I just healed from the same thing.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #3706 on: December 14, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »
Yeah, just about everyone at my school has got it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3707 on: December 14, 2007, 06:38:30 PM »
I hate it when I'm sick.  Missing school is just not worth it.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3708 on: December 14, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »
I have a sore throat every morning, possibly because I sleep with my mouth open or something. It's annoying, but I learn to cope with it by drinking lots of water after I wake up, and it goes away after about half an hour.
every

« Reply #3709 on: December 14, 2007, 08:34:25 PM »
It happens to me, and I know I'm sick when it doesn't go away. :P

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3710 on: December 14, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »
^ Ditto...

Man, why do I put so much stuff off?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3711 on: December 14, 2007, 09:44:05 PM »
We've all done it before. :P

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3712 on: December 15, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »
I don't understand this. Since my glasses prescription is changing, we went today to get my eyes checked, which includes dilating them with little drops. Now, my mom, the glasses place, and everyone I know knows I have an intense fear of anything going in or near my eye, be it contacts, drops of liquid, fingers, probes, whatever. I mean, I have to stop myself from breaking into tears when I get my eyes checked, and by the end I'm sweating cold sweat and shaking. And yet my mom keeps trying to make me feel guilty by telling me I'll get Glaucoma if my eyes aren't checked to prevent it (it runs in my family), even though it has no negative effect on her at all. *sigh*
every

« Reply #3713 on: December 15, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »
I stopped crying at getting poked by a needle for blood tests at the age of...7?

And you can't suck up A DROP OF LIQUID in the eye and you're 16 now?

,,,Heheheh. They're not even intentionally wounding you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3714 on: December 15, 2007, 01:20:34 PM »
What if he has a phobia? He can't help it.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3715 on: December 15, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »
And for what reason is it so funny that Glorb fears something you don't that you have to laugh at and taunt him? That just seeme mean to me.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3716 on: December 15, 2007, 01:51:58 PM »
I don't see any taunts in my posts, but I do find the fact that he's 16 and quite scared of a little liquid in his eyes to be humorous, yes.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3717 on: December 15, 2007, 03:02:52 PM »
I thought your post was rather harsh and pretty unnecessary.

an intense fear of anything going in or near my eye
This portion of Glorb's post means he probably has a phobia of things going near his eyes. I'm sure tons of people share the same phobia, and I bet there are adults among them.

You don't have to laugh at him for something he can't help. If he does have a phobia, it's not his fault. If he doesn't, no big deal. But it's still rude of you. You can find stuff funny, but you can't laugh AT him for it.

I was surprised to see a post like that coming from someone like you, Vid.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3718 on: December 15, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »
Yeah, man, not everybody can be Mr. Stupendous like you... *sarcasm meter explodes*

Hey, that reminds me--don't we have a (moderately recent) phobia thread somewhere? There's some from '05, but I could've sworn there was a newer one...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3719 on: December 15, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »
I hate having stuff touch my eyes so whenever something goes near my face/eyes I automatically close them.  It gets pretty annoying.  Vidgmchtr post was pretty unnecessary too.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Print