Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711759 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3915 on: January 10, 2008, 08:04:33 PM »
I refuse to believe Naruto. Fight the power!
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3916 on: January 10, 2008, 08:52:03 PM »
I'm not sure how useful Toad and his INCREDIBLE LIFTING POWER™ would be...

« Reply #3917 on: January 10, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
People don't like the idea of Toad being a playable character because there are far more deserving characters who do more than spend time being a useless castle guard.

Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Smash Bros. 4 scraping the bottom of the barrel, since most of the most wanted or well deserving characters are now in the game.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3918 on: January 10, 2008, 09:45:23 PM »
Super Smash Brothers War. :P
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3919 on: January 11, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »
People don't like the idea of Toad being a playable character because there are far more deserving characters who do more than spend time being a useless castle guard.

GRRAAAGGHH!!

HOW is Peach more deserving? She's just some dumb blonde that gets kidnapped all the time! How is Bowser more deserving? He continues to kidnap the dumb blonde and somehow think that his latest plan is going to work. How is Zelda more deserving? She spent the first half of OoT in the castle, then the other half hiding from Ganondorf, only to be kidnapped at the very end. How are the Pokemon even fighting?! They need trainers to tell them 'do this move, do that move..'. They don't even fight in the wild.

I am sorry, but there are not that many more deserving characters left. Toad should have been in at least the second game..

How is Toad weak? In SMB2, he could pick things up the fastest out of the four characters. The game has been remade at least twice and they've had ample opportuninty to change things around, but Toad is still the strongest. In Wario's Woods, Toad could pick up entire stacks of bombs/aliens and move with them (and kick other bombs/aliens while holding the stack). In all the Mario Kart games, Toad is among the fastest and often has the best traction (Mario Kart Arcade aside. Haven't played that one myself..)

If Toad is so weak and useless, why do they keep giving him tremendous strength and speed stats? Pichu is weak and useless and became a SSB character anyway, and I had a hard time imagining Olimar as a playable character in SSB, so it's not outside the realm of possiblity anymore that Toad could become playable.

People don't want good characters playable. That's what it is..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3920 on: January 11, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »
Yes. Toad is quite a character that dosen't even show up in games that Daisy and Waluigi fill in.

And to answer why he dosen't appear as selectable in most Mario games, is because he is short. (Not saying to be mean but that's just what I think it is)

« Reply #3921 on: January 11, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
I'm starting to get a little ANGST because people are still complaining about characters not being in Brawl.

I'm quite sure Sakurai knows what he's doing. Just shut up and play the stupid game when it comes out, or don't.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3922 on: January 11, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »
I'm with Vid on this on. Im sure it will be fun no matter what characters they put in there. As long as Super Smash Bros keeps putting out games that are as good as melee I would keep buying them. If i only had the opportunity of buying the wii
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3923 on: January 11, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
I'm a little confounded by Toad asking why Peach is more "deserving." I mean, I'm not against Toad in Brawl, although he would probably be like Kirby and have no range, but anyway, Peach isn't any less worthy of being in Smash either. She's been playable in more RPGs than Toad.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3924 on: January 11, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
I went to the dentist and I had 2 canvities. My first two in 5 years. The dentist also numbed half of my mouth and drilled on BOTH sides and it hurt.

And my wisdom teeth that are coming in hurt like *BLARGH*!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3925 on: January 11, 2008, 09:53:38 PM »
...Link wouldn't have been able to jump...
I beg to differ.

But otherwise, I do agree with you.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3926 on: January 11, 2008, 11:23:22 PM »
I have ANGST because idiots on the Internet think that any picture of anything is the Cloverfield monster. Now that we've moved past manipulating images to get a psuedo-face (just mirror the poster, turn it upside down, and invert the colors...), any time anyone finds a picture of a monster that was never said to be connected, be it fan art of a giant man-whale, Sin from Final Fantasty XXVII or concept art for a game, they say it's the monster. Gawd.
every

« Reply #3927 on: January 11, 2008, 11:43:28 PM »
Somehow I don't think the Cloverfield monster will be shown. I'm looking for a twist ending, actually.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3928 on: January 12, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »
I share the same sentiments as Glorb, only it involves the so-called insiders on random message boards like Gamespot or 2chan who claim to have inside info on Brawl. While some sound a little convincing, others just throw out some of the dumbest poorly written info that they'll defend to no end because their fictional source says so. I find it hard to believe the N64's Final Destination stage returns with Melee's version too, or that Falco, Ganondorf, and Ness get retooled, while Roy remains a clone. Also, one of them listed alternate costumes for every character so far, despite the fact that Sakurai specifically said only Wario has them. Not to mention these suits sounded absolutely ridiculous (Cyber DK? Witch Ashley? Maskless Meta Knight?).

Luckily we only have to endure two weeks of this crap.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3929 on: January 12, 2008, 01:11:31 AM »
That movie Cloverfield looks awesome.  I should go see it when it comes out.  I'm dying of curiosity to find out what the monster is.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Print