Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711647 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3945 on: January 12, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »
Yes... My Theory definitely got shot down.... I admit that...

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3946 on: January 12, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »
Whoa, criminy! Anybody who can still communicate with words care to tell me where that Cloverfield monster pic came from?

It's a filthy lie that makes me spew bile whenever I see it. It was fanart created by someone not related to the movie at all, as part of a contest to show what you think the monster should look like. It's a good pic, but not the real deal at all, and was not created to be such. And now people are saying it's fact, which fills me with a rage never before witnessed by mortal man. The only thing more infuriating is when people say, TO THIS DAY, that the monster is Godzilla (the evidence, of course, being that Rob is going to Japan and that there's an Asian chef in a photo on the site...[wtd]?).

And the explosion in the teaser trailer still hasn't been explained. Bummer.
every

« Reply #3947 on: January 12, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »
It's a filthy lie that makes me spew bile whenever I see it.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3948 on: January 12, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
Why can't PaperLuigi talk?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 07:35:43 PM by Presidente »
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3949 on: January 12, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »
He is having some sort of "contest" whereby he may not use words to communicate. He wants to "post only images" until Feb 1. Whatever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3950 on: January 12, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »
I have ANGST because the constant hype of this stupid monster movie just won't stop.

I'd be quite amused to see that movie bomb at the box office, just like Snakes on a Plane and other action/thriller/monster films with stupid plotlines.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3951 on: January 12, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »
Too bad this one won't. Snakes on a Plane kinda became a joke, even before the movie was released. Who can take a movie with a title like that seriously?

« Reply #3952 on: January 12, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
I have ANGST because the constant hype of this stupid monster movie just won't stop.

I'd be quite amused to see that movie bomb at the box office, just like Snakes on a Plane and other action/thriller/monster films with stupid plotlines.

What, Cloverfield? From what I'm seen, that movie's going to be greater that the invention of the wheel (although without the wheel, we wouldn't have film strips that launched the movie industry in the 1930's, and thus, we would have this movie, so I guess not). Plus, I haven't seen any massive promotion for it (like on the scale of Halo 3) since the teaser was released in July and ignited all that controversy. Most of it's hype has been from the fans who constantly follow the movie, not from the studio itself (or at least in my opinion)

Currently, I have ANGST over the massive science review I have for the exams (about 111 questions). Not only that, but I have also got a Geography cumulative activity, as well. Dis blows :(
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3953 on: January 12, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
What they tried to do with Snakes on a Plane was make a cult movie and market it as such. Unfortunately, this backfired, mostly because everyone on the internet was laughing at the movie, not with it, which the creators didn't seem to understand. I think Cloverfield's going to do better for a bunch of reasons, mostly because it takes itself seriously. The marketing doesn't focus on a single line from the movie like SOAP, and so far the only gimmick has been its mysteriousness.
every

« Reply #3954 on: January 12, 2008, 10:08:18 PM »
What I hate is kidz bop. They made 13 cd's plus 2 holiday cd's. The songs on there suck. Its just a bunch of songs by kids who cant sing. Even the original songs being done by the original singers would still suck, because I hate those kind of songs. I'd rather watch American Idol.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3955 on: January 12, 2008, 10:45:39 PM »
^ Much agreed, whoever you are.

It's a filthy lie that makes me spew bile whenever I see it. It was fanart created by someone not related to the movie at all, as part of a contest to show what you think the monster should look like. It's a good pic, but not the real deal at all, and was not created to be such. And now people are saying it's fact, which fills me with a rage never before witnessed by mortal man.
Well, whoever did make it is pretty awesome. Killer lice!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3956 on: January 13, 2008, 01:59:34 AM »
So how come 100% of PaperLuigi's images have text that says words? Which kind of negates the whole point of posting with pictures?
That was a joke.

« Reply #3957 on: January 13, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
Well, there not long spiels there just little one word things.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #3958 on: January 13, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
So how come 100% of PaperLuigi's images have text that says words? Which kind of negates the whole point of posting with pictures?

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3959 on: January 13, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »
Hey, as long as it's got image tags, I think he's got the right to post the dang Declaration of Independence if he wants. And I'm the nitpicker around here?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print