Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711631 times)

« Reply #3990 on: January 20, 2008, 04:36:08 PM »
Not to mention region locking will screw you over if you do import it. Unless you're willing to buy a japanese Wii or void your warranty modding it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #3991 on: January 21, 2008, 01:00:58 AM »
I'm sure someone's found an easy, warranty-voiding way to fix the Wii so it can read other regional media by now.

I do recall MEGAߥTE pointing out that it's possible to play GCN discs from other regions if you time your entering the disc into the slot correctly.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3992 on: January 21, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »
They fixed that in a firmware update, I believe.
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3993 on: January 22, 2008, 02:33:51 AM »
DANGIT! They've changed Brawls Release date to MARCH NINTH!!
Number of delays: 2.

I wonder if they're debating the ups and down of using Miis in Brawl?  That would be pretty good.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3994 on: January 22, 2008, 02:44:45 AM »
Miis should not be playable. Last I checked, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was a game to make Nintendo characters and Sonic beat each other up. The Mii is not a Nintendo character. The Mii is a caricature of you, some annoying celebrity or just every bizarre facial feature available you threw together to try to get people to think you're funny and original even though it's been done one thousand times. This caricature is used in games that don't have characters.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3995 on: January 22, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »
Actually, Miis would be awesome in Brawl as replacements for the punching bag.
~I.S.~

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3996 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
Miis should not be playable. Last I checked, Super Smash Bros. Brawl was a game to make Nintendo characters and Sonic beat each other up. The Mii is not a Nintendo character. The Mii is a caricature of you, some annoying celebrity or just every bizarre facial feature available you threw together to try to get people to think you're funny and original even though it's been done one thousand times. This caricature is used in games that don't have characters.
Mario Party 8? Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3997 on: January 22, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »
I'm sure someone's found an easy, warranty-voiding way to fix the Wii so it can read other regional media by now.
I think this was just figured out, so it may still be a while before anything is available on the market.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3998 on: January 22, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
Mario Party 8? Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games?
Lame option of which I do not approve. It's basically the same as replacing Monopoly pieces with pieces of paper with yourself drawn on them.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3999 on: January 22, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
Or with Scrabble tiles. Add in Battleship, Twister and some nonsensical rules and you've got yourself the next...well, Mario Party.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4000 on: January 22, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
You sunk my Scrabbleship!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4001 on: January 23, 2008, 12:28:30 AM »
I guess it's a good thing I'm not in charge of the production of Brawl.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

kirbyman

• Tourette's
« Reply #4002 on: January 23, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »
And it should get to the USA just in time for the American release.
What gets me wondering is why Japan gets incredible sequels first...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4003 on: January 23, 2008, 02:50:30 AM »
Uh, because they're developed in Japan, by Japanese people, and therefore don't have to go through the localization process?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4004 on: January 23, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »
Lame option of which I do not approve. It's basically the same as replacing Monopoly pieces with pieces of paper with yourself drawn on them.
I think that's the whole point of them... what do you want to use them for, anyway?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print