Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711674 times)

« Reply #4005 on: January 23, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »
Uh, because they're developed in Japan, by Japanese people, and therefore don't have to go through the localization process?
He might still be wondering why there's big gaps in release dates. The fact that the U.S. got both the Wii and DS before Japan did is probably making him think games are supposed to be released simultaneously in all countries or earliest in the U.S., because that's what happened with the hardware.

Sorry, buddy. Even though Nintendo DOES want to release things around the same time in all countries, it's very difficult, as complications arise quite a bit in development as well as localization.

Be patient, eh?

Honestly, I can't recall any good game that wasn't delayed at least once.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4006 on: January 23, 2008, 03:52:01 PM »
Wow, I'd say that's a humongous stretch.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4007 on: January 23, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »
Honestly, I can't recall any good game that wasn't delayed at least once.
That probably isn't true, however it is pretty much true that a delayed game usually turns out well (Half-Life 2, Twilight Princess). Of course, Most great games weren't very hyped and therefore no one even knew that they were delayed, even if they were.

« Reply #4008 on: January 23, 2008, 04:47:32 PM »
Of course, Most great games weren't very hyped and therefore no one even knew that they were delayed, even if they were.

Arr, that be a stretch as well, matey.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4009 on: January 23, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »
Arr, that be a stretch as well, matey.
So you say you were going nuts in anticipation for the release of Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, Guitar Hero, etc.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4010 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
It's amazing to me how girls can make you feel guilty over not doing anything. You see, my friend and I were having a discussion about...something, when someone else who was not in the discussion brought up an insulting comment about my mom. Now, it was all in good fun, I guess, but it was particularly offensive to me because it happened to reference something unpleasant a few years back. Somehow, grandparents were brought up somewhere along the line. The girl I was talking to had a grandfather who had died a week back. By bringing that up, I had accidentally caused her to cry and leave the room, despite my attempts to apologize. Which is despite the fact that I didn't do anything.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4011 on: January 23, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »
SolidShroom practically took the words out of my mouth.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4012 on: January 23, 2008, 07:10:06 PM »
Katamari Damacy -- I read the Penny Arcade comic about it the day before release and said, "Hmm." Then I stopped into a GameStop the next day (release day) and saw they had one copy. I bought it. One day TEM came to my house and I showed him it. Then he finally liked the music. He plays it all the time on his radio.

Shadow of the Colossus -- I did anticipate this before release. But I didn't have a PS2 at the time.

Metal Gear Solid -- I never played it until Twin Snakes on GCN. Many of my best friends were (are) obsessed the whole way through, though, so I always heard a lot about it and upcoming releases.

Guitar Hero -- I actually made fun of it for a few months after release, calling it a stupid Guitar Freaks knockoff. Then I bought it because, ya know, rhythm game!, and learned what true bliss is.

« Reply #4013 on: January 23, 2008, 07:32:15 PM »
So you say you were going nuts in anticipation for the release of Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, Guitar Hero, etc.?

Arr, but what about Legend of Zelda: TP, Mario Galaxy and others? The thing is matey, several games aren't hyped and end up being hits, while others are hyped and live up to everything they promise.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 07:33:46 PM by PaperLuigi »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4014 on: January 23, 2008, 07:41:46 PM »
When was that ever the point? The origin of this point of dispute was the outrageous claim that "all good games are delayed", which is preposterous.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4015 on: January 23, 2008, 07:51:27 PM »
But SolidShroom said that "Most good games aren't hyped," and I be sayin' "Some good games are hyped and some aren't."

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #4016 on: January 23, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »
I hate the history class I'm taking.  Why do we have to do so much reading? >_<
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4017 on: January 23, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
What I think the companies (well... Nintendo, mostly; let's face it, they're notorious) need to do about the whole release dates/delays issue is do a kind of "6-8 weeks for delivery" thing--just give a grossly exaggerated release date right off the bat, and everyone'll either be pleasantly surprised when it comes out, or mildly peeved when it's delayed a week or two.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4018 on: January 23, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »
Projected completion time is an exaggeration?
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4019 on: January 24, 2008, 05:56:09 AM »
I have slight ANGST about the Brawl video posted on the Dojo today, but more so about Brawl itself. While it is a cool video, and it does indeed prove the awesomeness of WFC (at least in Japan), the announcer's voice struck me as unpleasant. Now I'm sure this is just me being picky, but whatever.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print