Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711784 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4080 on: February 08, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »
Man...I must be playing in a place with a faulty connection or something...anyway, I was within 20 feet of upsetting a guy who'd won over 4,000 wi-fi matches when my network gave out on me.  It seems whenever I get in position to win anything on wi-fi Mario Kart, the network kicks me off.  What a joke.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #4081 on: February 08, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
I'm part of NSBE (National Society for Black Engineers), one of the members of the senior Robotics team.  My friend and I are both new to NSBE this year, and both have been working on the robot competition for a while, along with 2 other members, sometimes.  The competition is in March, and I get a cheap trip down to Orlando, Florida to compete.  What I just found out today is that the robot we've been working with is the wrong one.  We've been using LEGO Mindstorms kit, and I guess we're either going to use the more complicated LEGO robotics kit, or something new altogether.  So we have just over a month to figure out this new kit. 

Also, when I said that the team consisted of 3 friends and myself, that's a little misleading.  There should be a team of 6.  That's what we started at.  Then our president booted one of the members because they never came to meetings.  Then one of the people has only shown up to maybe 3 meetings (which have been going on since October).  Basically, it's been sporadic appearances of 3 members, mostly consistant of one, and then my friend and I have been to all of them.  And this whole thing causes a problem, as the competition is a mandatory 6 member team.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4082 on: February 10, 2008, 08:55:41 PM »
Right now I'm irritated because Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, and HL2: Deathmatch are all giving me errors when they try to load up ("Platform Error: module failed to initialize," followed by "The instruction at '0x241f94f7' referenced memory at '0x0d8bf41c'. The memory could not be 'read'. Click on OK to terminate the program."; the second error is different for all three games, and the one I listed is the one given by HL2). This started happening last night. It's especially frustrating because Portal, HL2: Episode 2, and TF2 all work properly (and yes, I know that those three games use the newer version of the engine).
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:01:57 PM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #4083 on: February 11, 2008, 07:37:56 PM »
Gah, neighbors got rid of their unsecured wireless connection so now I can't download anymore Mugen stages and characters.

And I seriously want a new Goku and Karin since the ones I have suck.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4084 on: February 13, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »
For the past year or so, my parents have been talking about moving to North Carolina to join some of our relatives. I think the main thing that's keeping them from doing so is me. I'm too big of a burden to bring along, yet there's no other place for me to stay. Pfft. Even if I did find someone to stay with, I'd still end up being stuck there because I can't get a job and be a burden again.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4085 on: February 13, 2008, 10:32:43 PM »
Gah, neighbors got rid of their unsecured wireless connection so now I can't download anymore Mugen stages and characters.

And I seriously want a new Goku and Karin since the ones I have suck.
So why were you leeching onto their connection, anyway?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4086 on: February 14, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »
I don't have my own high speed wireless connection, so I find any open source and latch onto it until it kicks me off.

Besides, if these neighbors were smart, they wouldn't continually open up their connection every 2 weeks under a different name. Especially since my searches always bring up at least 7 connections.

Also, I'm sure you'd do the same if you were in my position. Why bother paying for it when you can get it for free?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4087 on: February 14, 2008, 09:01:57 PM »
Also, I'm sure you'd do the same if you were in my position.
Not really, I'd do the honest thing and get my own connection, OR ask for permission first if I knew the people with the open connection, because I'm not selfish.

It's because of people like you we keep our wireless connection closed in our house.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4088 on: February 14, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »
The pulsating lump of morality that is Vidgmchtr is a continual source of inspiration to me.

« Reply #4089 on: February 14, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »
You should try actually being nice TEM it's fun.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #4090 on: February 14, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
2nd that
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4091 on: February 14, 2008, 09:38:33 PM »
It's because of people like you we keep our wireless connection closed in our house.
Uh, why the heck wouldn't you keep your wireless network encrypted in the first place? Keeping it open is just asking for people to leech your bandwidth. People you want to be able to connect can get the key from you themselves. ... I really don't get why you would leave it unencrypted ever.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4092 on: February 14, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »
You got a point, but there are just some people who are computer illiterate enough to leave it unencrypted, e.g. Wiggles' neighbors until now...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4093 on: February 15, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »

I disagree immensely. TEM being nice for the sake of being nice is... just wrong, man.
~I.S.~

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4094 on: February 15, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
Wow, Mario Kart Wii's boxart... sucks. I guess they're going with the "make-it-bland-so-as-to-not-scare-off-the-casuals" approach. But, hey, I guess I can make my own if it bugs me so much.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print