Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711613 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4275 on: March 14, 2008, 09:06:05 PM »
We seem to have some extremely low standards for Tech Support these days.

« Reply #4276 on: March 14, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »
Tell me about it, I emailed Nintendo's tech support the other day to ask why my Wii kept freezing every so often once I started the disc channel (the screen stays black, and the Wiimote gets unresponsive), and wanted to know a better solution besides going to the power button on my Wii and turning it back on.

Their response?

CALL US AND WE'LL TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT THAT WAY. WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO ANSWER PROBLEMS VIA E-MAIL.

I'll call them when it's most convenient for me actually on my mind to use the phone.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #4277 on: March 17, 2008, 06:38:33 AM »
I have ANGST because my great uncle's probably going to die in the next week or so.  See, a lifetime of smoking caused his health to deteriorate to the point that without a respirator, he only gets about 30% functionality out of his lungs.  Which means unless a miracle occurs, he's pretty much screwed once they pull the plug, which they plan to do in the near future.  Of course, it's at his request that they do it, because he'd just spend the rest of his life hooked up to the respirator to breathe anyway.  He is 72.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4278 on: March 17, 2008, 02:14:01 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's hard to hear one of your relatives has died, but even worse when you know that they are going to die within a short time.
every

« Reply #4279 on: March 17, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »
That's what happened with my grandparents who died, We saw them in a very sickly state and a few weeks later, they left.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4280 on: March 17, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
Tell me about it, I emailed Nintendo's tech support the other day to ask why my Wii kept freezing every so often once I started the disc channel (the screen stays black, and the Wiimote gets unresponsive), and wanted to know a better solution besides going to the power button on my Wii and turning it back on.

Hey, that happened to me last week? I just unplugged all the cords and plugged them back in. I thought I had a serious problem there. Hey aren't Nintendo consoles now made in America? If so..... great.... None of my other systems did that  (they don't respond at all if I try to reset or turn on) but my Wii doesn't even make it to a year and it's already acting up?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4281 on: March 17, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »
Hey, that happened to me last week? I just unplugged all the cords and plugged them back in. I thought I had a serious problem there. Hey aren't Nintendo consoles now made in America? If so..... great.... None of my other systems did that  (they don't respond at all if I try to reset or turn on) but my Wii doesn't even make it to a year and it's already acting up?
Wiis have done this from the beginning, but upgrading the firmware seemed to help.
Wiis are made in China, hence the problems.  Previous Nintendo hardware was made in Japan.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4282 on: March 17, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »
It happens to me occasionally. The last time it happened, and the first time it happened in a long long time, was with WarioWare: Smooth Moves on my birthday, February 25th. Of course, I hadn't played the Wii for a long long time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4283 on: March 17, 2008, 06:57:52 PM »
It happens if SSBB is inside the Wii before it turns on. I have to take it out before I turn the Wii on or it won't work.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4284 on: March 17, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
It hasn't happened to me since about the first month of Wii existence.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4285 on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:29 PM »
Well, when I called, the Nintendo hotline hold music was the Twilight Princess theme. I'll give them that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4286 on: March 17, 2008, 08:12:59 PM »
They always use Nintendo music for putting users on hold. Other times, I heard the Gamecube main menu music, as well as Bianco Hills from Sunshine.

« Reply #4287 on: March 19, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »
My Wii woes continue.. I sent it out again on Monday (just like customer service told me to do, after sending me a new repair number), and I kind of thought that Fed Ex would have scanned it in so that I can keep track of it on thier website.

They either haven't picked it up yet, or haven't bothered themselves to scan it in. I really hope it appears on the tracking site soon, or else they're going to get a call from an angry Toad..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4288 on: March 20, 2008, 06:40:28 PM »
I've had a cold for about a week and my throat hurts. A lot. I blame this on my parents. Them and their stupid habit of leaving used tissues all over the house. I swear it presents a health hazard.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4289 on: March 20, 2008, 06:47:35 PM »
Ok, so it appears that I am being a bit over-reactive. Nintendo sent me an email today saying that they have recieved the Wii and supposedly fixed it, and I can expect it back in 2-5 business days. I am hoping for Saturday, since my sister is leaving on Sunday (after having spent her Spring Break with us). If it comes back on Monday, that's ok too, since her fiancee has a Wii and Brawl of his own (lucky dog! His worked..)

I am sorry to hear that you are sick, N64 Chick. Hearing that friends of mine are sick gives me more angst.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print