Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711554 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4395 on: May 06, 2008, 08:13:28 PM »
As am I. My school's fire alarm has gone off many times unannounced; as a result, all the teachers usually tell us to stay until someone announces that it's a false alarm. Next time this happens I'm going to leave, come back after a while, and then tell everyone how they would all have burned to death.

Pfft, consider yourself lucky your school even lets you leave campus for lunch. Seniors used to be allowed to do it every day and could drive their cars off campus to go eat. Ever since we got a new principal about four years ago, though, she's slowly been tightening up on us, to the point where seniors can only do it on a specific day once a month and have to walk to wherever they want to eat. Rumor has it that she won't even let us do it at all next year (which is when I'll be a senior).

It doesn't affect me too much, as I've always brought my own lunch. I just don't like seeing this happen.

My school doesn't let you leave campus at all, and I plan on doing that false alarm thing too.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #4396 on: May 06, 2008, 08:20:09 PM »
Unlike the high school I went to, SCCC actually served EDIBLE food. That was REALLY delicious, like, restaurant quality.

Every Tuesday and Thursday (days I had the most classes), I'd order a small or large portion of curly fries, and get a can of Dr Pepper from a vending machine, and go watch people play Melee, or GoldenEye, or watch fansubbed anime on their laptop.

Man, the curly fries were delicious. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4397 on: May 06, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »
Consider yourself lucky your school even lets you leave campus for lunch.
You bet I do.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4398 on: May 06, 2008, 08:26:31 PM »
My school lost open campus privileges after some students were arrested during lunch. It doesn't affect me much, since I stopped getting reduced-cost lunch shortly before this happened and had to start bringing lunch anyway (which sucks because my school serves awesome lunches), but it means that all ~110 students at my school have to pack into the tiny lunchroom, and on the offchance that I do get money to buy lunch, I have to stand in a long line - and I'm usually near the end because my last class before lunch is on the top floor, and the lunchroom is in the basement.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4399 on: May 06, 2008, 08:39:02 PM »
I used to enjoy Frank Caliendo, before my new roommate started trying to imitate his Jim Rome and Charles Barkley impersonations to anyone who will listen (including himself) at all hours of the day (but especially when I'm trying to watch Jeopardy).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4400 on: May 06, 2008, 08:44:16 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4401 on: May 06, 2008, 08:59:05 PM »
I would never give up Coca Cola for anything, so I'm probably guranteed diabetes in my future.

Kids complain about my school's lunches all the time, but I don't care either way. It fulfills my hugner for the 7 hours I'm there and is definitely more healthy than anything I'd get on my own. With my inability to cook, I'm sure I'd turn to buying pizza every single day, so I'm thankful for them.

Oh yeah, there's this guy I once considered my friend, but I honestly can no longer stand to be in his very presence. His existence doesn't annoy me, it plagues my very being. I've been ignoring every word he speaks to me in the past few months, and when I do address him, it's simply to insult him. Yet somehow he still doesn't get the message. He even tried to wish me a happy birthday while I was online two months ago. What does it take to tell someone to screw off?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4402 on: May 06, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
Boy do I know what that's like. I know at least three people like that. Do I have a tendency to hang out around clingy, immature, mentally unbalanced weirdos? Probably. Do I lack the ability to identify these traits until it's too late? Unfortunately, very yes.
every

« Reply #4403 on: May 07, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
On a different subject, my friend got sick from the raw chicken. He was unable to stop vomiting last night, and now he's exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4404 on: May 08, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »
My major annoyance right now is the lack of Final Mix/Final Mix+/Re: Chain of Memories releases in anywhere but Japan... but now that the PS3 is out, the chances for something like that are slimmer than ever.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4405 on: May 12, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »
I just realized that I've been wearing my undies backwards all day. If there's anything to cry about in this world, it is that.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4406 on: May 12, 2008, 06:34:59 PM »
Hopefully you noticed before you went to the bathroom...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4407 on: May 14, 2008, 03:43:08 PM »
hahaha public schools

oh man I am sooooo glad I'm done with 12th grade and earlier seriously

I went to a good public high school and I still hated it sooo much

Our high school didn't let you eat off-campus... although if you could leave for lunch I highly doubt it would've mattered because all the restaurants are about 5 minutes away and the lunch period was always disgustingly short (like, 25 minutes). It was also staggered and you had no say in when you ate, which was awesome the year I got the earliest lunch hour at 10:20 or something and didn get to go home until about 5:30 because I was a swimmer in high school. Awesome.

At least it was better than middle school. Lunch was FIFTEEN MINUTES and then the other 15 was spent going outside. You had no choice in the matter, you HAD to go outside unless the weather didn't allow it. And it wasn't like you really played or anything, most of the time was spent standing in lines. No really, they forced you out of the lunchroom about 5 minutes after the last person got their lunch (never bothered me, I brought my own) so you could stand in a line for 15 minutes in what was sometimes 35 degree weather. Probably their way of circumventing state excerising mandates. Even more awesome.

CONCLUSION: Life is waaaaay better after high school. Of course, I'll be starting my first "real" 9-5 type job in my field of study in about 2 and a half weeks so I'll get back to you on the post-college veracity of this statement.

Also my computer suddenly started lagging randomly for about a half second at a time and sometimes characters that I type just won't appear, and it's really really obnoxious.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:46:15 PM by Insane Steve »
~I.S.~

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4408 on: May 14, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »
Insane Steve is the best person I have ever met in my life because he spits the truth.

« Reply #4409 on: May 14, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »
5/16/08 - Major English essay due
5/19/08 - Major English video project due
5/19/08 - Algebra finals, pt. 1
5/20/08 - Algebra finals, pt. 2
5/22/08 - Spanish finals, written
5/28/08 - Spanish finals, oral

Beautiful.
Well, looks like the rest of May is a living hell for me.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Print