Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711473 times)

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #4410 on: May 14, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »
hahaha public schools

oh man I am sooooo glad I'm done with 12th grade and earlier seriously

I went to a good public high school and I still hated it sooo much

Our high school didn't let you eat off-campus... although if you could leave for lunch I highly doubt it would've mattered because all the restaurants are about 5 minutes away and the lunch period was always disgustingly short (like, 25 minutes). It was also staggered and you had no say in when you ate, which was awesome the year I got the earliest lunch hour at 10:20 or something and didn get to go home until about 5:30 because I was a swimmer in high school. Awesome.

At least it was better than middle school. Lunch was FIFTEEN MINUTES and then the other 15 was spent going outside. You had no choice in the matter, you HAD to go outside unless the weather didn't allow it. And it wasn't like you really played or anything, most of the time was spent standing in lines. No really, they forced you out of the lunchroom about 5 minutes after the last person got their lunch (never bothered me, I brought my own) so you could stand in a line for 15 minutes in what was sometimes 35 degree weather. Probably their way of circumventing state excerising mandates. Even more awesome.

CONCLUSION: Life is waaaaay better after high school. Of course, I'll be starting my first "real" 9-5 type job in my field of study in about 2 and a half weeks so I'll get back to you on the post-college veracity of this statement.

Also my computer suddenly started lagging randomly for about a half second at a time and sometimes characters that I type just won't appear, and it's really really obnoxious.

Oh man, that's nothing compared to my high school. We have to wait in the blistering cold every morning just so people can get scanned, one by one, you can't leave at all to a restaurant, (I think they even have sniper towers for that lol), lunch is longer, but the food is disgusting and over-priced and under-cooked, everything is dusty, if you touch a pencil that was on the floor for a second you might catch a cold, we only have about a minute for passing-time, and I usually have to walk across the school to my next class and when I'm late I get sent to detention, we've had a couple stabbings,  my bus is a piece of crap that broke down about 7 times this month and April,  and we have to share text books with two other kids because my school is too poor to afford more textbooks, but apparently they can afford a couple wide-screen T.V.s in the teacher's lounge.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4411 on: May 14, 2008, 05:06:06 PM »
We had a couple of stabbings too. We don't get scanned, but they check to make sure everyone has an ID, and they send you home if you don't have one.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4412 on: May 14, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
Wait, scannings? Geez, I must be lucky...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4413 on: May 14, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
My school is adopting fingerprint scans too. Next we'll have retinal scans and DNA tissue samples and rectal thermometers and brain implants and beepy things in your hand that signal to the cops to kill you once you turn thirty.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4414 on: May 14, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
But it's the good life, Logan!

(actually, there is a Logan around here)

« Reply #4415 on: May 14, 2008, 06:01:21 PM »
Wow, compared to you guys, my school is heaven.

Well, looks like the rest of May is a living hell for me.
Sorry, but you don't know "living hell" until you've been in the IB program.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4416 on: May 14, 2008, 06:54:57 PM »
My school is seriously low-security compared to a lot of yours. All we have is restricted Internet access (which can easily be worked around using a secure proxy) and really old computers that would make it impossible to play real games.

« Reply #4417 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »
I am strongly anti-school.

And for some strange reason, people dislike me because of that. They dismiss my "odd" opinions as the "average teen rebel", completely ignore what I have to say to defend my opinions, then disappear, claiming they are superior to me. Saying people like me have no future seems to entertain them.
It sickens me. I'm watching society fall apart because of compulsory schooling; a single letter predetermines your future. School is not a place to learn. School is a place where you are trained to obey.
Real learning isn't memorizing a set of answers for a test. Real learning is something you do on your own.

I am labeled as an anarchic, cynical, evil, lazy person with no respect for anyone.
I am saddened by that.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #4418 on: May 14, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
I am strongly anti-school.

And for some strange reason, people dislike me because of that. They dismiss my "odd" opinions as the "average teen rebel", completely ignore what I have to say to defend my opinions, then disappear, claiming they are superior to me. Saying people like me have no future seems to entertain them.
It sickens me. I'm watching society fall apart because of compulsory schooling; a single letter predetermines your future. School is not a place to learn. School is a place where you are trained to obey.
Real learning isn't memorizing a set of answers for a test. Real learning is something you do on your own.

I am labeled as an anarchic, cynical, evil, lazy person with no respect for anyone.
I am saddened by that.

I've never heard anything that made more sense in my life. The people who dismiss your "odd" opinions as the "average teen rebel", tell them, "Screw you, from Johnny Macho."
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #4419 on: May 14, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »
Well, I missed my deadlines to order my cap & gown for graduation and its about 3 weeks away. I also haven't bought my prom ticket which is 2 days away and I'm barely passing my precal class.

So much for being on top of things. Stupid AVGN and Brawl eating at my time and stupid internet for being addicted to it....
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4420 on: May 14, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »
That new AVGN episode was alright. I never even knew some of those accessories existed.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #4421 on: May 15, 2008, 01:53:30 AM »
Holy cow, the Rolling Rocker! I haven't thought about that thing in about 15 years.

And I had never heard of the Miracle Piano.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4422 on: May 15, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »
We have the Miracle Piano carts for NES, SNES, and Genesis where I work. Incredibly weird. No pianos to go with them though.
That was a joke.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4423 on: May 15, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »
I never heard of the rolling rocker prior to that episode, and I never heard of that accessory that you click the NES controller into for "faster button pushing"

I've wanted the Miracle Piano for quite a long time.
Ditto used Machop!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4424 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
I haven't watched AVGN in quite awhile. Not exactly dial-up friendly. I think the most recent episode I've seen was for Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout. And speaking of that game, I recall Wayne getting it (he has a terrible habit of buying random junk), but he could never even get it to work. Probably for the better, huh?

Edit: Okay. So I just checked the site. The most recent one I've seen was Halloween. That alone should tell you that I haven't been watching in awhile...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 11:46:43 AM by N64 Chick »
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Print