Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711596 times)

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4425 on: May 15, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
to be honest, his reviews make me want to play the bad games, just so I can say I played them.
Ditto used Machop!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4426 on: May 15, 2008, 03:35:01 PM »
You know, I have played Bart vs the Space Mutants. It's as bad as he says. On the flipside, my mom actually loved Fester's Quest.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4427 on: May 15, 2008, 03:41:55 PM »
Even so. I want to see how bad it is myself. That's why I bought E.T. and Pac-Man 2600. (though I ended up getting Pac-Man for free on two occasions with 2600's I got)
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4428 on: May 15, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »
On the flipside, my mom actually loved Fester's Quest.

FQ pwns. That review turned me off all those crappy-old-games review things for life (Something Awful's ROM Pit being the exception).
every

« Reply #4429 on: May 16, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »
Fester's Quest was the best review he's ever done, right in front of Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash and Super Mario Bros 3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4430 on: May 16, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
I like his review on McKids.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #4431 on: May 16, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »
My mom's going to ground me for the entire duration of my summer break unless I get at least a B- in math.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4432 on: May 16, 2008, 04:25:56 PM »
B-? I get like really, really bad grades, B- is like overly amazing for my standards.
Ditto used Machop!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4433 on: May 16, 2008, 05:28:10 PM »
My grades are all over the place. While I'm averagely mediocre at Spanish, never go below a 90 in theatre, and it's nearly impossible to do poorly in gym, my other grades fluctuate wildly. At the beginning of the year, I sucked at science, rewled at history, was pretty good at math, and mediocre at English; now I'm at a 97 in science, a ~70 in history, a ~65 in math, and a 101 in English (I kid thee not).
every

« Reply #4434 on: May 16, 2008, 05:52:46 PM »
I guess I'm pretty good in school. I try to keep my grades above the 95% mark so I don't have to study for the finals. So far I'm pretty successful.

« Reply #4435 on: May 16, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »
I finished school so my grades are pretty awesome.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4436 on: May 16, 2008, 06:30:59 PM »
I generally averaged an A- in math.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #4437 on: May 16, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »
I don't have a math class this year.

But my grades this year by far were

FULL YEAR CLASSES
Physical Science - B B C ? ?
English IV - F F F ? ? (safe guess on the last two, though)

FIRST SEMESTER ONLY
Cooking - D F D
Internet Applications - C F A
Lifetime Sports - F F F
Adult Living - C C B
Dance (yes, I took dance) - C F B

SECOND SEMESTER ONLY
Nutrition - D ? ?
Cardio - F ? ?
Economics - C ? ?
Webpage Design - A ? ?
US Government - F ? ?

yeah, I do bad :\ But my school is so horrible at teaching and stuff, and half of the teachers are unfair and prejudice.
Ditto used Machop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4438 on: May 16, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
Real learning isn't memorizing a set of answers for a test. Real learning is something you do on your own.
I've thought of that before too. Unless you really do like the subject, you're going to force yourself to swallow the information, and know it. But why? So that you can pass a test and forget it all immediately afterward. What's the point? If we'd really learned anything, there'd be no need for review before finals, no need for a practice test before the star testing.

That doesn't mean I think school is all bad. The basics are vital, of course. I learned the simple, stone age HTML I know in school, and I remembered nuclear chemistry because that was cool and interesting. I could pass tests on those topics without cramming. I remember some History, especially since it's fun to tell "In Capitalistic America..." jokes with a Russian accent. Most of it is for backing yourself up in a political deathmatch, however.

Maybe twelve years really isn't all that long. This is for learning what everyone "needs" (using that term lightly, half the stuff in Algebra 2, I'll never need to know) to know, and then it's time to focus on what you like. My main disapproval with the school system lies in homework, though. School should be where you study. Home is where you remove your shoes and socks, sit down and drink Kool-Aid.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4439 on: May 16, 2008, 10:48:30 PM »
The wisdom of Calvin:

What year did the pilgrims land at Plymouth Rock?

"1620. As you can see, I have memorized this utterly useless fact long enough to pass a test question. I now intend to forget it forever. You've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system. Congratulations."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print