Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711623 times)

« Reply #4575 on: June 16, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »
- Religion is slowly brainwashing people

OMG religion is going to destroy the world!!!!!1

Religion has been around for a long time kiddo. If it's "slowly brainwashing" people as you say, then it's been doing it for thousands of years. Let people believe what they want to believe and don't be a jerk to those who *gasp* think differently than you.

I honestly don't see why atheists want to complain about religious people. Will it change them? Absolutely not. On the other side, I don't see why religious people (namely Christians) want to try and convert atheists. Will it change them? Absolutely not. People choose what they want to believe and then try to get others to believe the same thing by calling their beliefs "brainwashing" or "hopeless" or "stupid" or whatever. It's both childish and pointless to try and change someone by calling their current beliefs stupid because people are rooted in that belief and will change under their own accord (if they do at all). It's a waste of time to try and spread the word about the other side and how "horrible it is" because you're only pleasing those who think like you.

Also, people who don't go to school are actually the people who have screwed up society. Saying school is "ruining your life" is just a horrible excuse to whine about something you have to do to succeed in life. But instead of actually working hard at it, people choose to complain. Sadly, because this country has a huge dropout rate, society will continue to get worse.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:15:22 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4576 on: June 16, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »
One of the only reasons I like school is it makes me feel better about myself. I mean, if I went to some East Coast preppy place, I might feel a bit dim and redneck-y (I am hardly either, but it's all in comparison), but here... from 7:50 to 2:30, Monday through Friday, I'm surrounded by potheads, pregnant fifteen-year-olds, and emos who dress like Nazis--and I walk out feeling as normal as heck.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4577 on: June 17, 2008, 01:43:43 AM »

:(
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4578 on: June 17, 2008, 07:16:10 AM »
lol wut. You know though,  it might be fun. I mean "If you think this game is boring, you are boring."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4579 on: June 17, 2008, 08:22:28 AM »
I'm boring.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4580 on: June 17, 2008, 08:27:16 AM »
Is that anything like this?

Like Armageddon and Deep Impact?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4581 on: June 17, 2008, 10:00:09 AM »
Also, people who don't go to school are actually the people who have screwed up society. Saying school is "ruining your life" is just a horrible excuse to whine about something you have to do to succeed in life. But instead of actually working hard at it, people choose to complain. Sadly, because this country has a huge dropout rate, society will continue to get worse.

I agree with CrzyFlmngMnkyHead on the school point; the reason for that is simply that the public school system does not work.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4582 on: June 18, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
Works fine fer me.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4583 on: June 18, 2008, 12:05:23 PM »
I have angst because I'm going in for an interview at a grocery store and I really hope I'm not too nervous. I want this job!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4584 on: June 18, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
I have angst because people buy the concept of global warming/climate crisis hook, line and sinker, and won't rest until we're in the stone age without any technology.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4585 on: June 18, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »
That doesn't make much sense since a lot of the solutions require more technology.

« Reply #4586 on: June 18, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »
I'm really getting sick of all the shovelware that low-key "developers" keep throwing onto the Wii. I wish Nintendo would just refuse that crap - it belongs only in the recycling plant, where they can make something more useful out of it.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4587 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »
I have angst because people buy the concept of global warming/climate crisis hook, line and sinker, and won't rest until we're in the stone age without any technology.

I'll agree that global warming is mostly hype, but it's necessary to create this crazy idea, because it's the only way that most American buffoons will become environmentally friendly. They need some big words and baseless charts. And nobody wants no technology, it's just the question of whether we need to drive a huge car to something a few blocks away. There's nothing wrong with a little care for the earth.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4588 on: June 19, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
Heck no, there's not! I strongly advocate recycling, planting trees, etc.  But to bring it to the level of predicting global catastrophe when there's no viable evidence is ridiculous.

Today I have angst because I'm tired of fighting level 9 CPUs in Brawl rather than real people.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4589 on: June 19, 2008, 05:40:34 PM »
I have ANSGT because I can't take five steps without coming across/getting involved in a global warming argument.

Also, my computer refuses the compile Inform source files. Rrragh!
every

Print