Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711450 times)

« Reply #4620 on: July 03, 2008, 11:57:55 AM »
... I've got nothing. No advice. Sorry!

I have ANGST because my little girl cousin recently has created a dance she calls the "spunky pony". She dances around a clicks her tongue and then sings "spunkaaay ponayyys". Never has there been such a frightening display on this fragile Earth. If I here those two words together again, I can't be held responsible for my actions.
Just readnig that makes me kind of annoyed.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4621 on: July 03, 2008, 12:53:43 PM »
Spunkaaay ponayyys!!!
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4622 on: July 03, 2008, 01:07:23 PM »
My daughter is teething, was ill this morning, and wouldn't eat.  It's awful knowing someone is in pain and that you can't do anything about it except give medicine and hugs.  Before leaving to get my car fixed I tried searching my computer and backup drives for digital pictures of me for the caricature thread, but still the only one I had was of me playing guitar over a decade ago.  Arrgh.  Since I'm the one taking most photos I'm not in any of them.  I guess I'll either take some looking in a mirror or illegally scan some professional pictures.

I had to take my car to the dealer for service, alignment, and a windshield.  On the way I got pulled over by a cop and was given a ticket for the broken windshield.  At the dealer I find out that it will be nearly $900 for everything, they won't have my car ready until late Monday, and I had to wait over an hour for a shuttle to bring me home. 

When I get home I see a DHL express envelope, but it only has one of the three transcripts I'd paid over $50 to order and have rushed to me.  I emailed the service that the transcripts are ordered through and they said they couldn't help me and that I had to deal with my school's registrar office, but my local school doesn't have a registrar office and told me to use the service I'd order through.  I call the service and they were defensive (probably wasn't their fault now that I get the whole story) and gave me a number to my school that turns out to be no longer valid.  I call another number and after several messages, buttons pressed, and transfers finally get someone who will send the missing transcripts.

This reminds me to check on a meeting I need to plan our move around, but don't have the date of.  I check my email, but instead of a reply with the time and dates I see it was bounced back.  I'd called yesterday and was told to call back, but was too late because of the time difference.  I try again today, but it seems everyone is gone for the fourth.  This whole supposed moved has been a huge pain.  We don't know for sure if we are moving or when it may happen.  It's been frustrating having to tell my current employer I will probably be leaving, but will not resign until I know for sure.  We already had to let go the person I wanted to take me place.  Until we get official orders from the government we can't put our house up for sell, contact movers, etc.  I've already secured a job in the new location, but can't sign a contract until/if we are ordered to move.  And moving will be a pain with two cars, a toddler and two cats going across the Midwest (read Death Valley) about 2500 miles in the middle of summer.  Getting my paper work for that state is hard because so much has to be done in person there, and many of the things I need were destroyed and no longer available from the institutes that I earned them.  I've already had to pay several hundred dollars to retake a test I'd already passed.  There are others to take too since every state seems to have their own literacy test even though I've done excellent in two states already. 

Now back on track, I start tackling some work around the house.  I have to replace some flashing on my cabinets, but the new tiny curved pliers set I need to straighten the tiny nails is a nearly impossible to open package that takes me several minute, a lot of frustrations (I'm getting a headache at this point), and nearly causes me to cut off my left thumb.  I straighten the nails and reapply the piece, but it's still lose and I don't have any more of those god-awful tiny nails. 

I decide to ignore the spot on the garage ceiling that needs fixing due to water damage because I realize that my headache could be in part because all I had for breakfast was an energy drink and some snack bars.  I search, but all we seem to have is more snacks and a small steak that supposed to be for tonight.  This is frustrating because I spent nearly $200 at the grocery store just last weekend.  Which reminds me that my car had went form about 40 mpg to about 31 mpg which is one of the reasons it's in the shop, but I forgot to tell the clerk that.  So, I guess it is a FRS and dark chocolate for lunch. 

I'm going to play SSHD now.  I'll deal with pictures and other chores later.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #4623 on: July 05, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »
One of my friends (and co-star of the last play I was in) posted on his myspace that he was going to commit suicide. It's really been bothering me all day. He won't answer any texts or calls or messages. His girlfriend (my other good friend) is devastated. He was always a person who got frustrated easily. He was hard-working, though, and a good friend. I'm very worried.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4624 on: July 06, 2008, 11:31:45 PM »
Well I really, really hope he doesn't.

And I have angst because Electric keeps bumping ancient fake cheat topics.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:49:27 PM by jmdblazer »
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4625 on: July 06, 2008, 11:36:30 PM »
One of my friends (and co-star of the last play I was in) posted on his myspace that he was going to commit suicide. It's really been bothering me all day. He won't answer any texts or calls or messages. His girlfriend (my other good friend) is devastated. He was always a person who got frustrated easily. He was hard-working, though, and a good friend. I'm very worried.

I sincerely hope he doesn't. If you can, try and talk to him in person about it; you can never be too sure when dealing with suicide threats.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4626 on: July 07, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »
And I have angst because Electric keeps bumping ancient fake cheat topics.
I hear ya.

As for me, I've been having a pretty crappy year overall. A brief run-down...

Jan: Just about the only decent month.
Feb: Started off fine, but then some people betrayed me.
Mar: Peeps ticking me off. Had a nasty cold.
Apr: Parents were at the hospital all month so I had no choice but stay at home the entire time.
May: See April.
Jun: Got kicked out of my house for a few weeks.
Jul: I know we're only a week in, but it seems like another friend is being less than honest with me.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4627 on: July 07, 2008, 02:23:51 PM »
I wish more people would bring their screaming kids up to the mall. We have an area right in front of where I work (where I am until about 9pm nearly every night) that has those little rides that kids can.. ride. The parents often come to me for change even though there is a change machine right there..

The kids are the worst I've ever seen. They scream if they can't get on a ride, they scream if they are on the ride, and they scream when it's over. A lot of these parents are just letting the kids do whatever, and it's really driving me up the wall because I can't tell them to tell their kids to act better.

The only good thing that I've seen is this mom that told her kid no because he'd already been on the same ride twice, but that was nearly a week ago.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I hate those roller shoes (or whatever they are called.. shoes with wheels). I often want to stick my foot out or throw a stick in front of them to make those stupid kids trip up. Firstly, they shouldn't even have them on in the mall. It scuffs the floors (I heard a nice lady from maintenence complain about them), and causes people to have to move faster to avoid you. Secondly, if you want to move faster, you jog or run. I don't know who invented these roller shoes, but I want to go back in time and throttle them.

If/when I ever have kids, they are not having those roller shoes. They will walk/jog/run just like everybody else.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 02:51:06 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #4628 on: July 07, 2008, 04:55:47 PM »
I once saw a kid run directly into a trash can on those shoes, and it was too funny. I actually like those shoes just because they present the opportunities to see stupid kids hurt themselves, and I hope they remain popular for a long time.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4629 on: July 07, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
Angst! All four wisdom teeth have been removed, and I'm stationed on my couch with nothing more than a Wall-E coloring book and supple amounts of ramen!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4630 on: July 07, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »
For the record, the shoes are called Heelies (although I forget how they're spelled). I saw a fortysomething dad trip in one of those and get laughed at by his two kids, which was the best day of my life ever.
every

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4631 on: July 07, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »
One of my friends (and co-star of the last play I was in) posted on his myspace that he was going to commit suicide.
TELL AN ADULT.

Personally, I have angst because my parents are going to split up soon.  Probably by fall, when I leave for college.  They've been together for about twenty-five years, but they've had on-going problems with each other my whole life.  I guess divorce was never a rational decision with five children, but now that we're all growing up and leaving... well, I'm just tired of everything.  Crying mom, yelling coming from downstairs, months of silence... it's kind of funny, I always told myself that I will never get married because I don't want to end up like my parents, but it seems I will end up just like them if they divorce: single and lonely.

Also, I'm bisexual.  I hate to admit it, but I can't do anything about the way I am.  It's been a long adolescence of denial and prayer, but really, I'm just stuck.  On the other hand, I'm not much of a sexual person to begin with, and I don't just get crushes on people left and right.  If you're against sexual deviancy, don't tell me it's wrong, I don't ever plan on doing anything like that now or in the future.  I'm still Christian (even though I don't go to church much anymore).

Finally, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.  My old dream was to join an improv school after college and get onto Saturday Night Live, but now I'm doubting my chances and talents to the point of losing any direction in the future.  My declared major is going to be Creative Writing, and I don't think I'd go anywhere with that, but I don't know what other major I could possibly pursue.  I'm worried I'll go nowhere in life, unable to support myself or use my full potential in anything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #4632 on: July 07, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »
What's wrong with being bisexual? You get to enjoy the best of both worlds. That would rule.

I kinda wish I was, since I can't seem to connect with any girl on a personal level. Other than getting stuck in the friend zone, and even then, I'm just that guy who you sort of know, recognize his name, but still don't know a thing about his character.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4633 on: July 08, 2008, 02:18:59 PM »
Markio, you make it sound as if you've got some sort of incurable disease. Sexual preference is nothing to be upset with yourself over, regardless of what other people say. Unless, of course, you're robosexual. Then there's a problem.

Mr. Wiggles, I wish I could give some non-cliched advice, but you should just wait and see. Once you feel there's something, y'know, going on (person has no current boy/girlfriend, and shows signs of affection toward you a bit more than just friendliness), be as impossibly nice to that person as possible. That's sort of it.
every

« Reply #4634 on: July 08, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
Unless, of course, you're robosexual. Then there's a problem.
You know, being robosexual may not be so bad.

Print