Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711765 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4650 on: July 14, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
Something I get a lot at work is "Super Mario DS" or "Super Mario on DS" and I'm trying to figure out what they mean by that.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4651 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »
My instant reaction would be SM64DS, but I also just thought of New Super Mario Bros. But if you're talking to people who are pretty non-gamer, they might be thinking SM64DS, because I'd say they'd be less likely to know about New Super Mario Bros.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4652 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
This girl at my work likes to talk about video games with me. Today she asked me what the difference between Super Nintendo and Nintendo was. I thought it was cute in a non-patronizing way.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4653 on: July 14, 2008, 11:28:56 PM »
I wish I worked.  Instead I'm at home all day where I glue CD shards to a styrofoam sphere to make a disco ball.  Or else I replay Pokemon Yellow, knowing I'll never get all 150 because I don't have a link cable, which I couldn't buy because I don't have money because I don't have a job.  The only high point in my day is when I water the flowers in the backyard, and that's only because the sunflowers are opening.  At the same time it reminds me that I have to transplant the Redwood sapling before I go to college, and chances are it will parish if I don't find a good spot for it to thrive.

I'm not really complaining, I just like to pretend that the mundane details of my life are entertaining to other people.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4654 on: July 14, 2008, 11:38:19 PM »
Gluing CD shards to styrofoam spheres sounds positively electrifying.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4655 on: July 15, 2008, 02:17:17 AM »
I made a shuriken out of a CD once. I used the discarded pieces to make Wolverine claws.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4656 on: July 15, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
I wish I worked.  Instead I'm at home all day where I glue CD shards to a styrofoam sphere to make a disco ball.  Or else I replay Pokemon Yellow, knowing I'll never get all 150 because I don't have a link cable, which I couldn't buy because I don't have money because I don't have a job.  The only high point in my day is when I water the flowers in the backyard, and that's only because the sunflowers are opening.  At the same time it reminds me that I have to transplant the Redwood sapling before I go to college, and chances are it will parish if I don't find a good spot for it to thrive.

I'm not really complaining, I just like to pretend that the mundane details of my life are entertaining to other people.

Get a job.

If that doesn't work, dance for money in the streets.
every

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4657 on: July 15, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »
Or you could do this for a living.

No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4658 on: July 15, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
Something is bugging me.

The more and more I read about others' opinions of Nintendo, the more aloof I feel. I used to feel like a big gamer back then, but I feel only like a casual gamer, as if it's not a big part of my life anymore. I feel happy for Nintendo's decision to expand the video game market by "reaching out," but the people around me (here) are all upset and angry. If something brand new comes, it's never addressed as "good." Even as a new feature or simply an interesting improvement. It's all "why didn't they just make this then" or "ew, Wii BLAH, I want to see a new Zelda NOW." Maybe it's because I'm easily satisfied. With all the games out there already (Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Zelda:TP, Wii series) I would think that a person would be able to enjoy what's available for now instead of immediately looking to the distant future for something better. Yes, I do hope for a new Mario or a new Zelda at some point, but I shouldn't ache over every moment it isn't shown, or every single feature that could've been. IMO, that's not what being a gamer is all about.

My wish was that I wanted someone to just play alongside me. Not to win against them or anything to show off my skills, but to play. Before the Wii, most of my video game experience has been utterly alone. It sadden me. No one around was ever interested. Now almost everyone in my family owns a Wii and wants to play, and I feel happy. If Nintendo's main goal was always to reach out to the hardcore audience, yes, more "awesome cool" games would come, but I would be destined to be alone.

As a final note, I look forward to both Wii Music and Wii Sports Resort, as well as Animal Crossing. And on the Wii MotionPlus and the WiiSpeak: if they're adding them just now, cool. Better late than never.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4659 on: July 15, 2008, 10:18:26 PM »
Eeehhhhmmm, why exactly did WiiPlayer 99 get banned? I've noticed a disturbing trend of new members getting banned after only posting something slightly bizarre/naive. I mean, it's the equivalent of beating someone up for forgetting your name. And then forbidding them from existing in the immediate area. And stealing their wallet. And gluing a fifty-dollar bill to the inside with superglue, and handing it back to them and then running off.
every

« Reply #4660 on: July 15, 2008, 10:31:54 PM »
Eh, I can't say I ever question authority here... anymore. Wiiplayer99 never seemed to have much of a "future" here in the first place. He also bothered me, in a slight, but noticeable way.

I agree with NE89 on the matter he addressed. I couldn't understand why anyone is already anticipating another Zelda/Mario game. I recall seeing someone post something about anticipating another SSB already... that bothered me. It also made me laugh a little. There are already two games supporting the Mario/Zelda franchises released. I don't even understand the unsatisfactory replies made to the things Nintendo is releasing. The "Wii ______" series was obviously directed to groups/families to bring them together and help them enjoy the movement gameplay they provided. I can't say I'm not looking forward to those titles.
I'm a horrible person.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4661 on: July 15, 2008, 10:36:16 PM »

Eeehhhhmmm, why exactly did WiiPlayer 99 get banned? I've noticed a disturbing trend of new members getting banned after only posting something slightly bizarre/naive. I mean, it's the equivalent of beating someone up for forgetting your name. And then forbidding them from existing in the immediate area. And stealing their wallet. And gluing a fifty-dollar bill to the inside with superglue, and handing it back to them and then running off.
For some reason, I remember seeing that he posted before he had that custom title. Maybe it's just a custom title. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

« Reply #4662 on: July 16, 2008, 12:26:47 AM »
WiiPlayer99 is 8 years old. I don't really need to tell you guys this, but there's a law that says no one can join under the age of 13 without parental approval. That might explain why he was banned so quickly.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4663 on: July 16, 2008, 01:06:30 AM »
These forums allow people under 13 to join so long as they can provide the necessary COPPA paperwork. I suspect Wiiplayer99 was banned for overall immaturity. It's probably in his best interests that he was banned, as he probably would have ended up doing something extraordinarily stupid had he remained here longer.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4664 on: July 16, 2008, 01:47:35 AM »
WiiPlayer99 is 8 years old. I don't really need to tell you guys this, but there's a law that says no one can join under the age of 13 without parental approval. That might explain why he was banned so quickly.
That law sounds interesting, find me a source.
Eh, I can't say I ever question authority here... anymore. Wiiplayer99 never seemed to have much of a "future" here in the first place. He also bothered me, in a slight, but noticeable way.

I agree with NE89 on the matter he addressed. I couldn't understand why anyone is already anticipating another Zelda/Mario game. I recall seeing someone post something about anticipating another SSB already... that bothered me. It also made me laugh a little. There are already two games supporting the Mario/Zelda franchises released. I don't even understand the unsatisfactory replies made to the things Nintendo is releasing. The "Wii ______" series was obviously directed to groups/families to bring them together and help them enjoy the movement gameplay they provided. I can't say I'm not looking forward to those titles.
Cool, deciding that people don't have much of a future is my favorite reason for banning ever.

As for the second part of that, why not start anticipating the next Mario and Zelda titles?  It's not that the current ones are necessarily unsatisfying, but there's no reason to believe they're at the end of the line, and it's never too soon to speculate at how much new awesome there will be in it.  Even with software development, they're often working two major versions ahead of the latest stable release.

Print