Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711539 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4710 on: July 25, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »
So far, I know you can run the Task Manager by typing it into the Start Search, or by right clicking on the Taskbar.

But the greatest solution for you in this case is Ctrl-Shift-Esc!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4711 on: July 26, 2008, 12:05:26 AM »
Ctrl-Shift-Esc!
*SA2 Eggman voice* Oh-HOH!
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4712 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:23 AM »
My father is awful.

On the way to school one day (mind you, he never takes me to school but my mom really needed him to) he starts ranting at me. In the entirety of my life, I've argued with my dad only once. I'm the least argumentative out of all of my sisters. The most mellow. For no particular reason, he starts ranting about how we shouldn't associate with non-Muslims because they are "the enemy" and they "shudder" at the sight of my head scarf. How I shouldn't be acting on stage. How my sister is a bad influence on me. How he bets that I won't be Muslim when I grow up.

The last thing really got me. It wasn't the last thing he said but about the last thing I heard. It was insulting. It hurt. He said that when we grew up we probably were going to be "religion-less". I didn't say a word. As I was blocking out all the other hateful things he was saying, I caught how he was bashing on my mom and my sisters mom and saying how we should live with him.

It's impossible to live with him. The man doesn't even have hot water. He lives in a one bedroom (and yet incessantly talks about how his 5 daughters-who-aren't-grown should come live with him). He's never given my sisters and I anything. My mom takes care of us. She has taken care of me for my whole life, without his assistance.

And to top all of this off, my best friend was in the car with us the entire time.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4713 on: July 27, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »
That's just absurd! The idea that all non-Muslims would "shudder" at the sight of traditional headwear is as asinine as the few that are deluded enough to do so!

His meaningless ramblings about your faith aside, I find it more disturbing that he tries to reason that the children he has "never given" anything should depart their decent lives with their mother to live in that tiny, utility-lacking place.

I really should be HOPEFUL with my stable family, even if my father calls me "guarded," "isolative," "internalizing," and addicted to gaming "...via prolonged dopaminergic activation in the limbic system" (why do people do anything, Doctor!? I've taken Intro to Psychology!) He's a clinical psychologist, by the way.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4714 on: July 27, 2008, 12:31:33 PM »
If he wants you to be Muslim when you grow up he should probably set a better example of how a Muslim person should behave for you and your sisters. That really sounds terrible.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4715 on: July 27, 2008, 01:02:42 PM »
I'm glad my family is mostly small and stable, but my dad's been really P'ing me O lately. See, he has a job as a lawn-care type guy, and I help him; he mows the lawns, and I trim and blow them off, so we both have a pretty much equal share of the work (unless it's a small house with a giant yard and only a couple of trees, in which case I end up doing about 10% of the work, but that almost never happens). But here's the thing: My dad gets payed per yard by the owners, while I get paid per day by him. So, regardless of my effort, I get paid $20 a day (usually around ten yards a day), while my dad gets from $40-$60 per yard. But lately, we've been getting a lot of rain, meaning we'd have to skip certain days and then do double work the next. That means I'm now doing two days' worth of work a day, but getting paid for one. My dad's not stupid, so I know he has to be doing this on purpose. Whenever I argue with him about it, he always compares me to my brother (who had, in the past, stolen from and ripped off my dad), which isn't the situation at all. And my mom just ignores the whole thing.
every

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4716 on: July 27, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
Ugh.. My speakers still refuse to work, and I can't those disks that came with my computer so I can re-install my drivers. Can someone help me? It's getting in the way of my pooping career.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #4717 on: July 27, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »
My wife and I have started playing Animal Crossing on the GC again, but we can't find our original towns (the memory cards that came with the game). Knowing me, I probably misplaced them somewhere. The last time I remember seeing them was at her mom's house about a week ago.. they were sitting infront of the sister's GC.

I don't want to voice it, but I'm pretty sure their dog did something with the cards. He's just a puppy, but they don't disipline him enough.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4718 on: July 27, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
I don't want to voice it, but I'm pretty sure their dog did something with the cards. He's just a puppy, but they don't disipline him enough.

Don't worry, If the puppy did what I think he did with the memory card, you should get it back in a couple days!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4719 on: July 27, 2008, 05:47:51 PM »
Huh I don't get it --
ooooohhhhhh
every

« Reply #4720 on: July 27, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »
I feel so stupid.. they were in a corner of one of the pockets in my backpack. They were sitting just so that if you were to run your hand through it (like I did several times) you wouldn't have known they were there..

Well, we have our towns back. I assume they are working.. I am working on the schedule for the coming week and haven't had a chance to actually play in my town. Mabey in about an hour or so..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4721 on: July 28, 2008, 06:25:57 AM »
I have angst because I would need over $700 to buy all the games/console I want.

PS3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
Mario Kart Wii

Replace:
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon FireRed
Pokemon LeafGreen
Super Mario 64 DS

and I will be sorely tempted to buy

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra

So... yeah.  That's why I have angst.  I think it's apparent I'm going to have to prioritize.

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4722 on: July 28, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
Do what I did. Sell both your kidneys.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4723 on: July 28, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »
How can he sell his kidneys when you already sold them?
That was a joke.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4724 on: July 28, 2008, 02:12:02 PM »
I wondered what happened to those things... I didn't list kidneys under what I needed to replace because they're obviously not even a low priority compared to my Gen. III Pokemon games.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print