Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711452 times)

« Reply #4725 on: July 30, 2008, 11:02:51 AM »
I have ANGST because one of my posts was just edited by Sapphira and there have been several other posts this month with coarse language in them.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4726 on: July 30, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »
If the censor doesn't get it and it isn't a deliberate dodge, then the rules don't prohibit it. Manual censorship is a waste of time for all parties.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #4727 on: July 30, 2008, 12:43:13 PM »
Back to the topic of angst, I have found another webcomic that sums up how I feel (how I still feel) about Nintendo's showing at E3. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really hope Nintendo doesn't forget that it's because of the core gamer that they are still around today.

They do have a knack for picking up on what people find fun, but what if nobody bought a Super NES or SMW? What if nobody stuck with them in the N64 era? What if everybody hated the Gamecube?? What if the Wii is just a fad? Fads do go in and out of style..

What if nobody wants the next Nintendo system because they want to make it even more accessible for the causal gamer??
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:01:02 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4728 on: July 30, 2008, 03:20:45 PM »
I have ANGST because one of my posts was just edited by Sapphira and there have been several other posts this month with coarse language in them.

She's censored me in the past for saying [wtd]. I don't really

wait a minute

I should be annoyed!
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4729 on: July 30, 2008, 03:56:56 PM »
Ever since Hotmail switched to being Javascript-based without telling me, it's been a load of crud. For the past week, I haven't been able to read my e-mails. All I can do is see the first page of my Inbox. That's it. I can't read e-mails or delete them. What crap...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4730 on: July 30, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »
Back to the topic of angst, I have found another webcomic that sums up how I feel (how I still feel) about Nintendo's showing at E3. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I really hope Nintendo doesn't forget that it's because of the core gamer that they are still around today.

They do have a knack for picking up on what people find fun, but what if nobody bought a Super NES or SMW? What if nobody stuck with them in the N64 era? What if everybody hated the Gamecube?? What if the Wii is just a fad? Fads do go in and out of style..

What if nobody wants the next Nintendo system because they want to make it even more accessible for the causal gamer??

Although I don't think Nintendo is trying to deliberately switch customer groups, that comic has a lot of uncomfortable truths to it
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4731 on: July 30, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »
Ever since Hotmail was bought by Microsoft, it's been a load of crud.
Fixed.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4732 on: August 02, 2008, 10:06:02 PM »
I hate pennies, they are virtually useless! We should scrap all the copper off of them and use the surplus of metal for a giant Leonardo DiCaprio statue. Worst denomination of coin EVER.

Funny thing. When I was in Australia, I didn't know that they didn't use pennies. With every purchase that I made came a total that ended in 5 or 0. All prices are WYSIWYG. No additional sales taxes and no tips. Pennies are non-existent. It's a glorious system.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4733 on: August 02, 2008, 10:26:44 PM »
Except everything costs like five million dollars there.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #4734 on: August 02, 2008, 10:33:34 PM »

Unfortunately, it's real (and worth about 14 US cents and falling fast).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 10:41:57 PM by MEGAߥTE »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4735 on: August 02, 2008, 10:36:07 PM »
I have ANGST because MB beat me to the punch.
every

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4736 on: August 02, 2008, 10:37:39 PM »
Except everything costs like five million dollars there.

But, you must remember, minimum wage is also $18-something. You are right, however, because it sure makes it rough on us tourists.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4737 on: August 03, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »
Wow, I'm glad I went to Ireland instead of Australia. Everything is more expensive here, which kinda sucks, but not to the same degree as that.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4738 on: August 04, 2008, 11:57:44 AM »
My cat went outside a few days ago, and I think LD found him, because he hasn't come back yet. I'm going to miss him.

Also, lol@9,000,000%inflation.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4739 on: August 04, 2008, 01:50:10 PM »
I have angst because I went a on a trip with my aunt this weekend to Indiana to pick up her new son in law. I took my DS and games on the trip, but after looking around extensivley last night, I have come to the conclusion that I must have left them either in the hotel room that we stayed in, or in her car.

I really I hope I left them in her car, because that would make it a lot eaiser to get to than Indiana.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print