Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711673 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4800 on: August 19, 2008, 10:28:57 AM »
Wow... Ubisoft just admitted that they really are going to make only "casual" games on the Wii and "hardcore" games on the PS3/360.

This just shows how bad things have gotten with the "everybody" image of the Wii. I know this probably isn't what gamers are thinking, but... Twenty violent and/or awesome games come out on the PS3/360? No problem! One on the Wii! OH NOES NINTENDOS VIOLENT THE WII IS DOOMD.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4801 on: August 19, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
I'm gonna go sell my Wii before its value decreases exponentially.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4802 on: August 19, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
I almost made an angry reply about selling used games and game consoles before I noticed that Glorb made the above post. I just can't get enough of that Genuine Glorbian Sarcasm™.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4803 on: August 19, 2008, 03:36:22 PM »
So is Red Steel 2 is going to be a brain training game now?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4804 on: August 19, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
I almost made an angry reply about selling used games and game consoles before I noticed that Glorb made the above post. I just can't get enough of that Genuine Glorbian Sarcasm™.

I was going to wait and see how long it took before someone either went on a Used Games Are Bad Rampage or noticed it was me.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4805 on: August 21, 2008, 05:42:57 AM »
The Battle Frontier in Pokémon Emerald is full of cheaters. And people though Stadium was bad...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4806 on: August 25, 2008, 10:37:24 AM »
I can't get pass guarding the carriage back to the village in LoZ: TP...and it's been haunting my dreams.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4807 on: August 25, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »
I went back to playing the first REs, and man, did they suck. It's amazing what people put up with back then. Whose sick idea was it to not allow you to drop or swap objects without having to go to a storage chest? That's not tension or suspense or horror or resource management; that's crappy gameplay.
every

« Reply #4808 on: August 25, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
How developers are underestimating the Wii's gaming performance. Enough of the casual games on the Wii. It ruins Nintendo's reputation and completely changes the demographics of the console. I am getting a 360 for Christmas if developers are doing this. Nintendo's systems aren't kiddie consoles, they are great systems that will never die. My Game Boy Pocket still works like a charm and it's over 10 years old.
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #4809 on: August 25, 2008, 06:36:22 PM »
I don't like it!
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4810 on: August 25, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »
How developers are underestimating the Wii's gaming performance. Enough of the casual games on the Wii. It ruins Nintendo's reputation and completely changes the demographics of the console. I am getting a 360 for Christmas if developers are doing this.
Rule of thumb 'round these parts: Keep that kind of thing to yourself (take it from me).

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19331

The above, ladies and gentlemen, is the textbook definition of "dumb". A nobody company that occasionally makes games under the table for other developers? That has the balls to complain about Nintendo being too good? Hey, third parties, here's how to make that not be a problem: Don't suck. Make less crappy games. I'm not that fond of Nintendo these days, but they must be doing something right or they wouldn't be outselling everything except food.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:04:04 PM by ShadowBrain »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4811 on: August 25, 2008, 07:15:30 PM »
I found out about Tose last year. Don't knock them. They might have actually lent a hand in one of the games you like.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4812 on: August 25, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
Tose is the ultimate in strange but usually they're useful. They gave me Final Fantasy GBA games. I just wonder why they don't want to be recognized.

Also, if you're going to get a free game console get a PS3 instead of a 360 because it's going to get cooler games*!!!!!!!!!!

*this is what I think.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4813 on: August 25, 2008, 07:21:42 PM »
I have some minor angst about Mario RPG not being on the VC yet. Everybody else in the world has it on their VC I think, but not us. I wonder why..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4814 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »
Probably because almost everybody else in the world never even got to play it in the first place.

Don't knock them. They might have actually lent a hand in one of the games you like.
I was more just knocking companies that gripe about Nintendo being more popular than them. Of course, when you're the small-time developer equivalent of Otis Blackwell, then it's pretty much pointless to complain about that sort of thing. Also, the only game I remember (from that article) that they worked on was Super Princess Peach, which I'm sure I'll like just as soon as I lose twenty IQ points and my manhood.

Print