Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711447 times)

« Reply #5415 on: April 18, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »
It could've been worse. My brother's only shiny was a Zubat in his own Sapphire version.

But he loved that extremely common annoyance so much.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5416 on: April 18, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
Such luck.. I have yet to see one. :(

It would probably help if I played the game more often..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5417 on: April 19, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »
Link

This is a line of thinking I've decided to ignore for a while, but the games mentioned in the above article have made it pop up again for the last week or so and I'm sick of it. People should buy games because they look fun, not to support some "cause". The minute you admit the Wii is a charity case, there's serious problems beyond the sales figures for Chinatown Wars. What, because I'm a "(hard)core gamer" it's my duty to buy "mature" games? A system (like the GCN was) has a healthy supply of such titles when you feel free buying Game X instead of Game Y (or buy neither), not when a lack of through-the-roof sales for any hyped-up game prompts article after article chiding gamers and questioning the main demographic.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5418 on: April 19, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
Seeing a GTA title not sell a trillion copies is evidence enough that stuff is screwed up. Looking past the name, even, Chinatown Wars is an excellent game. MadWorld, though...not so much.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5419 on: April 19, 2009, 02:59:19 PM »
When I signed up for an Advanced Writing class this semester, I never would have guessed that it would be making up the smallest fraction of the 25+ pages of papers I need to write between now and Thursday. And I was really sick last week and didn't get started on any of them, but then I got better before I could get a doctor's note, so no extensions.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5420 on: April 19, 2009, 03:02:14 PM »
That sucks.

I'm really annoyed that I lost my Super Mario 64 DS copy for the second time! And I just bought it last Sunday.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5421 on: April 19, 2009, 07:17:23 PM »
This, this, this, and this are the kind of article that's annoying me right now. Apparently, Nintendo's data on the NPD a few days back (which I've had difficulty locating) was less than satisfactory. Though it may sound strange coming from me... leave 'em alone, people. I've always been sick of this hysteria that starts up every time anything with the Nintendo logo on it doesn't sell a bazillion copies and now is not only no exception, it's worse. Before, irrational panic over VG sales was confined to Yahoo! blurbs full of Old White Guy-speak like "game player" and "the Wii Fit", but now it seems like every chump with a keyboard and a web domain is coming out of the woodwork to lend his two cents. Now let me reestablish that I'm not happy with Nintendo but let me also reestablish that I'm temporarily sticking up for them now, and say that these blogging bums are commiting two longstanding sins: Not only are they kicking a man when he's down but they're doing it with little to no previous opinions on the topic. There's a word for that, and it's cowardice. Oh, you think Nintendo blows? Well, get in line, but why didn't you say it earlier when they were on top (not that they aren't now) and it was slightly less in vogue to lambast away? Is it implied that magically, intangibly, Nintendo suddenly is and has been less fun only when sales now dip? It seems that a few of these people live in a bizzare form of temporality: Namely, one where the events of the present affect the past.

Besides, it's kind of like Joe in Idiocracy: Nintendo never said it was God's gift to middle-aged women et al (at least not at first)--the media more or less created that image.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5422 on: April 19, 2009, 09:05:45 PM »
Well I'm trying to understand why you waste your time reading these opinion pieces by angry dudes in their bedrooms. (I especially liked how the one guy said the Wii would "fail", though. I think the Wii would have to have sold about VB figures and gone out of production 2 years ago in order to have failed.)
That was a joke.

« Reply #5423 on: April 19, 2009, 09:11:18 PM »
I thought the third link actually brings up some good points, despite its title.

...and on a side note, it actually doesn't go with what SB's saying...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5424 on: April 19, 2009, 09:49:36 PM »
Well I'm trying to understand why you waste your time reading these opinion pieces by angry dudes in their bedrooms.
Actually, I didn't read them.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5425 on: April 19, 2009, 10:14:50 PM »
Suddenly I feel qualified to post here.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5426 on: April 20, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
You created this thread after all.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5427 on: April 20, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »
Oh, look, Justin Timberlake is producing a show. Worse: That show being a combination of Eagle Eye and the standard "do dangerous nonsense for money" reality show.

« Reply #5428 on: April 21, 2009, 01:30:58 AM »
I'm taking a gamble here posting a video I've never watched

Actually, I didn't read them.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5429 on: April 21, 2009, 05:44:14 PM »
I wait two or three months to play Dead Air in versus, and what do I get? Buildings with no roofs, tank announcements with no tank, and ridiculously hard-to-climb Infected ladders. Oh, and apparently there's only one Survival mode server in the world, and it's located in some dude's basement in Scotland.
every

Print