Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711664 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5790 on: July 15, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »
I recently bought a new shell for my DS to fix the hinge. After taking two and a half weeks to get here, I tried to install it. To make a long story short, I'm out a DS, the $10 or so it cost me to get a shell (though the shell isn't broken, I don't want to bother trying to put it on another DS), and nine hours of my life I could've spent doing something other than trying to replace a shell.

I'm going to try some other stuff with it later, but I don't expect to have much luck.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5791 on: July 16, 2009, 12:04:55 AM »
Wait, so how did you destroy the innards of your DS?
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5792 on: July 16, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »
I was finishing up the assembly when the ribbon for the digitizer came loose. At the time, I had no idea the thing it attached to was a clip, so I didn't know how to put it back in, and eventually gave up on that to move on to reassembling other sections. Then the antenna wire got stuck when I was threading it back under SLOT-1 and I think it broke something on the motherboard. I had a second DS (my first one, which I gave to Kalee but her brother scratched the screen up something fierce by trying to use a pen as a stylus) laying around that I've been working on with no luck.

My dad's letting me borrow his DS for the time being, and we're looking on eBay for possible replacements. Until I have a new DS, I recently installed some more older games on the netbook, so I won't have a problem with a lack of access to portable gaming.

« Reply #5793 on: July 16, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »
I had been under the impression that peoples' parents only played video games in commercials... huh.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5794 on: July 16, 2009, 08:45:36 AM »
My mom was totally into the SNES, beat SMW and SMRPG way before I did, fell out for a while when we got an N64 because the controller was too confusing, then came back and clocked 52 hours on Superstar Saga (still hasn't beaten Bowletta, though), got 105 stars in Galaxy so far, plays Twilight Princess once in a while, and is constantly playing City Folk, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life. Also, everyone in the family except my dad has their own DS.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5795 on: July 16, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
- My mom can easily get to stage 255 in Wario's Woods but doesn't play many games beyond that (though she did play a lot of Galaga while she was pregnant with me, which is what I blame the shmup love on).
- My dad plays classic first-person shooters like Blake Stone, can also get to stage 255 in Wario's Woods, played a lot of both Taito Legends packs when we got them, played a lot of GLTron (excellent fanmade lightcycle game) before it stopped working on his computer, plays a lot of GB and GBA games, and while he isn't interested in much for the DS, he wants to play Retro Game Challenge.
- One of my brothers plays a lot of JRPGs and console first-person and third-person shooters.
- My sister played a bit of Kingdom Hearts, played through Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition several times, and got about a third of the way through Katamari Damacy.
-My youngest brother plays a lot of racing games.

So yeah, my family plays a lot of games. My youngest brother and my mom are the only two people in the house who don't own a DS (not counting myself since I have two non-working ones and am working on getting a replacement).

These last three posts haven't really been ANGST thread material.

« Reply #5796 on: July 16, 2009, 02:34:57 PM »
Cooldog approves of your families' gaming habits.

My mom's arthritis apparently prohibits her from playing games, and my dad couldn't care less about them. Being an only child doesn't help the situation either.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:37:55 PM by Weegee »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5797 on: July 17, 2009, 11:45:57 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5798 on: July 17, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
Screw that. Any person from Chicago who calls it the Willis Tower is a sad excuse for a person from Chicago.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5799 on: July 17, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »
What the
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5800 on: July 17, 2009, 01:47:46 PM »
I predict "Whatchu Talkin' 'Bout?" jokes will quadruple in the next few years.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5801 on: July 17, 2009, 09:48:27 PM »
Poor Gary Coleman.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5802 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53:03 AM »
Well, I got GTA4 for PC. I installed it, jumped through all its ridiculous hoops (joining Rockstar Social Club, installing Rockstar Social Club, joining Games for Windows Live, installing Games for Windows Live, getting all the updates for both of them), and when I ran it, it was slow as molasses on its lowest settings. Either this game is too advanced for my computer, not optimized enough, or my computer just sucks. I did manage to milk about ten minutes of seven-FPS entertainment out of it before uninstalling, though.
every

« Reply #5803 on: July 18, 2009, 08:24:23 PM »
^aren't you the guy who still uses dial-up for his internet connection or something?

oh yeah, so this week, I got charged 40 bucks for an overdraft fee I was never informed of, got rejected from a convenient apartment near campus for not being female, and suffered the worst stomach pain I ever experienced for 3 days because I ate an undercooked burrito at 3am.

Life is cool.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5804 on: July 18, 2009, 08:50:14 PM »
No, that's GiftedGirl.

Bidding on DS Lites on eBay is a pain when you've limited yourself to a price range of "less than what GameStop wants for a used one". I've lost five or six now because of this, including one that had a copy of Chrono Trigger with it. I'm borrowing Kalee's DS until I obtain a new one, but the speakers appear to be broken, so no music games for me.

EDIT: Going a bit higher than I originally wanted (about $80 after shipping instead of around $70) got me an onyx DS Lite with M&LSS (which I already had, but oh well).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:09:45 PM by WarpRattler »

Print