Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711548 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5805 on: July 18, 2009, 08:55:15 PM »
^aren't you the guy who still uses dial-up for his internet connection or something?
Well, that's me, too (there's plenty of us--on an angsty note, it unnerves me to see our society be based around the internet so much when people with constant, fast access to it are a minority).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5806 on: July 18, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »
^aren't you the guy who still uses dial-up for his internet connection or something?

No. I just don't have some $3,000 "rig" with giant neon fluid-cooling systems and whatnot.
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5807 on: July 18, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »
Glorb, you would do well to look at this article. It's on how to build a $500 gaming rig (or $400 if you go with Windows 7 RC1, which is fine until March). Some of the prices may be lower now (that was two months ago), so...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5808 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:29 PM »
I don't know why this makes angry, but...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5809 on: July 18, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »
Possibly because Starbucks, an unstoppable multi-billion dollar behemoth of a company, is masquerading as a quaint, locally-operated business.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5810 on: July 19, 2009, 07:16:49 AM »
There you go.

Quote from: The Article
The Seattle-based gourmet coffee chain
lololololololol
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5811 on: July 19, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »
What I don't like about Starbucks is their shamelessness. A tip box on the drive-thru window? Get real.

I do like green tea frappu-machine-os, however.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5812 on: July 20, 2009, 01:15:49 AM »
Well, I got GTA4 for PC. I installed it, jumped through all its ridiculous hoops (joining Rockstar Social Club, installing Rockstar Social Club, joining Games for Windows Live, installing Games for Windows Live, getting all the updates for both of them), and when I ran it, it was slow as molasses on its lowest settings. Either this game is too advanced for my computer, not optimized enough, or my computer just sucks. I did manage to milk about ten minutes of seven-FPS entertainment out of it before uninstalling, though.

From what I hear, GTAIV was just a horribly made port. I've read reports of people with awesome computers having a lot of trouble getting the bloody thing to run satisfactorily. What are your computer stats?
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5813 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:37 AM »
What I don't like about Starbucks is their shamelessness. A tip box on the drive-thru window? Get real.

Most fast food places have that now, though, don't they?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5814 on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
From what I hear, GTAIV was just a horribly made port. I've read reports of people with awesome computers having a lot of trouble getting the bloody thing to run satisfactorily. What are your computer stats?

Like, whatever mid-range was circa 2007. I mean, I would've put up with ass-terrible graphics if it'd just run well (it still looked like a top-tier Xbox 360 game, even with graphical settings on their lowest, which kind of ****ed me off).

As a kind of benchmark, my PC can run Crysis very smoothly, with the graphical quality of HL2 (which is to say, not bad).
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5815 on: July 20, 2009, 07:35:39 PM »
No one else found the Nirvana/Rick Ashton mashup I posted Amazing?  I thought it was the best thing since Badger, Badger, Badger.  I take that back, it's the best thing since The Hampster Dance. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5816 on: July 20, 2009, 09:03:32 PM »
I'll be honest with ya, it was okay, but I've heard better mashups and it wasn't always in compatible keys.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5817 on: July 20, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »
It feels like the sound quality of my TV fell when I was gone. The crowd noises and some parts of some music in Brawl are grating as they weren't before...
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5818 on: July 20, 2009, 11:31:54 PM »
Hm, someone could have been tampering with your television while you were gone. Or maybe the sound was switched to mono or something. Check and make sure that everything is plugged in properly.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5819 on: July 20, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »
No one was in this house. Nothing touched my TV. I'd like to think it's my mind messing with me or a to-be-fixed side effect of these early stages of music replacement (the replacement songs aren't as high-of-quality as the ones in the game itself)... Indeed, I updated my File Patch code from 3.2a to 3.51 and already the problem seems to have gone away... at the very least, I've rebooted my console and not run a custom song.
It's YOUR problem!

Print