Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711868 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5820 on: July 21, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »
It's called ghosts, dude.
every

« Reply #5821 on: July 21, 2009, 11:43:38 AM »
It's freaking hot in California. Insanely hot.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Jman

• Score
« Reply #5822 on: July 21, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
I feel for ya, Peach.  I have vacationed in Wyoming when temperatures have been in the low 100s.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5823 on: July 21, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
It's over 9000 100 every summer in Oklahoma.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5824 on: July 21, 2009, 11:03:52 PM »
Somebody, anybody, give me one good reason, any reason, why this game should exist.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #5825 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »
The Rhythm Game Zeitgeist allows for it.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5826 on: July 22, 2009, 12:46:30 AM »
The Rhythm Game Zeitgeist went braindead a few years ago.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5827 on: July 22, 2009, 12:48:34 AM »
Shouldn't there be a Rock Guitar too?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #5828 on: July 22, 2009, 02:57:53 AM »
What is the actual complaint here? Until more specific critique is presented, I will say that the game should exist because rhythm games are a wonderful joy to play.

The Rhythm Game Zeitgeist went braindead a few years ago.
Highly wrong. The DS Rhythm Heaven is one of the best ever and came out only this year. BIT.TRIP CORE is also original and nice. And The Beatles: Rock Band has possibly the best opening cutscene in gaming history.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5829 on: July 22, 2009, 03:49:40 AM »
Rhythm Heaven is indeed awesome.

Reasons Band Hero should not exist, or at least not the way Activision wants it to exist:
1. Activision already has one successful franchise that uses the exact same specialized peripherals (i.e. Guitar Hero: World Tour and its full set of band peripherals, the same equipment being used for Band Hero). Releasing another music game with gameplay absolutely identical to their current hit series but a different title is nothing more than a blatant cash-grab.

2. Every bit of info Activision has released about the game says it's Guitar Hero 5, except with a pop-rock playlist (with heavy emphasis on "pop") rather than a hard-rock playlist (with, in many cases, heavy emphasis on "hard") and a different name, which leads to my third point...

3. They could release this as Guitar Hero: Pop Rock or something similar and have it sell just fine. Its current name serves no purposes aside from using the copyright they already registered and confusing the non-gamers who buy these things for other people into thinking "hmm, this must be what they meant by Rock Band" and, instead of buying their grandchildren or whatever the Rock Band game they all said they wanted, buying them Guitar Hero But Don't Tell Anyone Edition, Also It's Not Even The Same Kind Of Music The Normal Guitar Hero Games Have. Anyone else remember an MS Paint comic from a few years back that had a dad buying a PS3 for his kid at launch and thinking he was so clever for buying the most expensive console, only to find that it's the opposite of what the kid wanted? I don't doubt that with a name that uses part of the name of another big franchise, this kind of situation will be rather common when Band Hero hits. (Side note: I have a feeling this kind of situation is what led to the only full-price sales of Rock Revolution.)

« Reply #5830 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:01 AM »
I'll agree that the name is bad for what it is. But releasing discs with different themes of music is a good thing, not bad.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5831 on: July 22, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »
I'm still holding out for rap/rock to get a better representation in GH and RB. Just slapping a few obvious Beastie Boys songs into your game while passing up Cypress Hill and Styles of Beyond and Mash Out Posse is a cop-out.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5832 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
I'll not discount the goodness of stuff like Rhythm Heaven, but all the GH/RB/BH business is way out of hand.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5833 on: July 22, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »
What is the actual complaint here? Until more specific critique is presented, I will say that the game should exist because rhythm games are a wonderful joy to play.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5834 on: July 22, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »
My only complaint was regarding the name - as I said, they could call it Guitar Hero: Pop Rock and have it sell just as well without screwing with non-gamers' heads.

Print