Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711750 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5940 on: August 31, 2009, 02:29:30 AM »
Week one of STGT 2009.

Oh, the most ridiculous part of Varth? It has thirty levels taking a total of about forty-five minutes to complete, which seems like a short amount of time until you realize that someone playing through this on an actual arcade machine would be spending forty-five minutes standing there (or sitting if they're lucky) with no breaks. For the record, I haven't gotten past level four yet.

On a side note, I think this is the first competition I've ever been involved with where autofire is not only allowed, but encouraged.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:57:51 AM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #5941 on: August 31, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »
and she left out all of the ones with me in them.

Weegee's Wisdom: Murphy's Law must always be hypothetically applied to a situation before entering it, lest one's expectations become too high for said situation. Next time, curb your enthusiasm by expecting the worst, in which case you'll probably be pleasantly surprised by the event's outcome. Such is the beauty of negativism.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5942 on: August 31, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »
Every time I hear "Murphy" in said law I always assume it originated with Eddie Murphy or whoever invented those fold-up beds.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5943 on: August 31, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »
I always think of some kind of hard-gruffled cop. No, I don't know what "hard-gruffled" is supposed to mean, it just sounds like the way you'd describe a cop named Murphy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5944 on: August 31, 2009, 02:30:22 PM »
What's with the invisi-posts now?
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5945 on: August 31, 2009, 02:41:06 PM »
Strange, CE7... I kind of do on some level, as well. Probably a combination of the Law's pessimism and the perpetual stereotype of Irish policemen.

Also, Trainman, it's just a phase... in-between that and LD/WR's albinic rebellion, this place is going to be a chromatic madhouse if this keeps up!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5946 on: August 31, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
What?  Ridiculous.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #5947 on: August 31, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »
Yes, there seems to be these phases of crap flying from everywhere all the time.

It'll be trolls and/or stupid people, then it'll be a crapfest of random google images that are supposed to be hilarious or something, then it'll be thousands of inside jokes that quite a few people may not know so the people who do know snicker to themselves about it, then the day ends with memes that are overused and/or memes that no one gives two flying sh**s about. Repeat.

Oh wait, don't forget the people who love to read a person's posts and instantly offer some sarcastic comment and optionally post some random image to go with it... which I imagine will happen with my post in about 45 seconds.
Formerly quite reasonable.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5948 on: August 31, 2009, 03:01:07 PM »
It looks like I'll have to download a different version of MAME - it's basically impossible to score well (or even survive very long) in Varth without autofire. I'm still trying to figure out who decided this was a "hidden gem".

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5949 on: August 31, 2009, 03:02:25 PM »
They probably just decided they liked it for the name alone.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5950 on: August 31, 2009, 03:08:12 PM »
For the first week of a tournament? Riiiiiight.

« Reply #5951 on: August 31, 2009, 03:58:37 PM »
in-between that and LD/WR's albinic rebellion

More like albinic conformity, ShadowBrain. The members using the white forum theme are the ones rebelling. They on the other hand prefer the status quo and don't want anyone else using an alternate layout. I'm not taking sides, I'm just stating a fact.

Speaking of which, I thought you were a liberal Lizard Dude. Layout diversity is something you should welcome.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5952 on: August 31, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »
Él apenas quiere hacer una escena es todo.  Hablando cuyo, soy que va ahora a fijar solamente en español fracturado multicolor y a agregar una  firma mano-mecanografiada a mis postes.

-Glorb
every

« Reply #5953 on: August 31, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »
It as soon as he wants to make a scene is everything. Speaking whose, I am that he is now going to only fix to fractured Spanish multicoloured and to add a company/signature flow-typed to my posts.

I love Babel Fish.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #5954 on: August 31, 2009, 04:34:43 PM »
Speaking of which, I thought you were a liberal Lizard Dude. Layout diversity is something you should welcome.

Seriously, LD. Since alternate forum layout users are a minority, shouldn't you be relentlessly supporting us in everything we do whether it's right or not?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print