Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711454 times)

« Reply #6165 on: October 25, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »
Meanwhile, I've never purchased an article of clothing. That's what parents are for, right?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #6166 on: October 25, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
Yes, but usually the parents don't put the clothes on you too.

« Reply #6167 on: October 25, 2009, 07:27:53 PM »
I shat a turd the size of Nebraska earlier today.

« Reply #6168 on: October 25, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »
How many wipes did it take your mum to get you clean again?

« Reply #6169 on: October 25, 2009, 07:37:56 PM »
EDIT: Never mind. Instead,

Artist's interpretation of LD formulating a comeback:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:54:41 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #6170 on: October 25, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
Looks like you're the one who's been getting the Fifth Amendment.

« Reply #6171 on: October 25, 2009, 08:06:04 PM »
Note: I formulated a (brilliantly witty) comeback so quickly that WeeGee was still editing around with his post about how slow I was going to be.

[Editor's Note: Weegee's post originally contained a portion telling me I had the right to remain silent because anything I said would be turned against me.]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6172 on: October 25, 2009, 10:31:59 PM »
A brief prologue to my angst: Earlier this evening, I was saying how I kind of wanted to go back and watch the Burly Brawl scene in The Matrix Reloaded. Well, by serendipity, my brother is flipping and the movie's playing on G4, immediately prior to the scene in question. So I'm like "yes!"

...But then the both of us are confused and distracted because, for some reason, someone or something added a bunch of grunting to the sequence that is definitely not on the DVD version. I could barely pay attention to the action with two dozen Hugo Weavings sounding like they aren't getting enough fiber. Can anyone explain this? I know they sometimes play the full cuts of movies on TV, but I'm still watching right now and there's nothing else that's different.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6173 on: October 26, 2009, 12:52:33 AM »
men
fashion

When did this start happening?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #6174 on: October 26, 2009, 10:16:45 AM »
Gorgeous rich playboys have always wanted to dress sharp.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #6175 on: October 26, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
Real playboys go clothes shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond:

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6176 on: November 02, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
I like how opinions of me can stay constant no matter what I do in Call of Duty 4.

Example (my gamertag is Porsche993TT, keep that in mind):

First match of the night: Kills- 9, Deaths- 13

Response: "Ah U SUK PORSH. LOL NIEN TO THIRTEEEN? LOL [darn] U SUCK. NOOB."

Match RIGHT after that one: Kills- 27, Deaths- 6

Response: "OH F*** YOU PORCHE!!!!! THE F***? LOL U MUST SIT AND PLAY TIHS GAEM ALL DAI OR SUMTHIN??? SOUNDS LIEK U DOTN HAVE A LIFE LOL F*** YOU"

^The epitome of Xbox LIVE.^
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6177 on: November 02, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »
It's stuff like that that makes me understand what Nintendo sees in refridgerator-magnet-style text chat.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6178 on: November 02, 2009, 08:36:27 PM »
Another thing that sucks:

Forza 3 had the option to buy either the normal game or Limited Collector's Edition. I pre-ordered the LCE and you get 15 extra cars, tons of exclusive tracks, a 2 gig thumb drive w/ a Forza logo on it, Forza keychain, VIP status at the auction house/storefront so your stuff on sell/display has a higher priority than anyone else, a nifty case, and you get a little crown next your gamertag for all to see.

Okay, now, the LCE was only 20 dollars more than the normal game. Hey, no big deal.... but seriously, I have been booted out of lobbies just because I'm an LCE owner. I hear little brats say, "WAAAAAAAAAH I DIDNT GET LCE WHY DO U GIT MOR CARZ AND TRAX THAN ME. BAAWW"

It's just like.... really? Being kicked off and screamed to because I paid a measly 20 dollars more to get everything these kids are whining about? They act like we're evil because we did 3 seconds worth of research to see what the LCE gave you versus the normal game, and made a decision based off that. I also heard kids crying about it on the Forza forums and LIVE saying "I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS LCE OMFG!!!!!!!!!" It just makes me wonder..... like, do people read anymore? I don't think people read. I think people just look for pictures of what they want and if they scan their eyes and it says "forza" or something like that, for example, they'll just buy it first thing.

I've never in my life experienced that kind of behavior over a game. Before you say "lol thats just xbox live for ya and another reason nintendo shouldnt do it," consider that this kind of crap has never happened to me before, even with games like Forza 2 and Call of Duty 4. Being kicked just because I paid 20 extra dollars and got more crap than another kid... and him not liking that fact... is just insane.

Maybe it's because even Forza was "TRYING TO GET THE 'CASUALS' TO JOIN FORZA SO ANYONE CAN PICK UP AND PLAY," so a lot of "casual," whiny brats got their mommy to buy it for them and started crying once they saw the crown and found out what it was for.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 08:43:23 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6179 on: November 02, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »
Their reactions are ridiculous, but so is the growing industry concept of making more expensive versions of games full of extra stuff and frills.

Print