Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711650 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6240 on: December 14, 2009, 09:52:55 PM »
I just realized my blog has been dead for months now.  I wish I had the motivation to stick with that kind of thing.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #6241 on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
Okay so,

I was supposed to go to bed early to wake up at 10 AM to get a haircut and get my senior pictures taken, but miserably failed.
This failure caused me to go into a fit and throw a punch into a plaster wall.
While I was impressed that I actually inflicted a dent in the wall, my pinky knuckle was left with a bloody wound.
10 AM. Went to the barbers shop to get my haircut.
Sighs were exhaled as my Tarzan hair was cut down to a standard mullet.
Haircut over, go to bar to see photographer.
Photographer is a part time bartender, and recommends many outdoor shots.
I try to crack a smile while leaning against a snowy structure while it's below zero degrees fahrenheit, with only a dress shirt and denim pants on a windy day.
After many unsuccessful shots with me not smiling, squinting, and freezing my butt off, the photographer decides this isn't going to work, so we finally go indoors.
After some actually decent shots of me are taken, we're finally done with the pictures.
I then go to school at 3:30 PM to do my schooling. Fighting sleep, I get a chapter of civics done.
6:30 finally arrives in a slowed state of time, and then I finally go home.

I think I had a pretty good day

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6242 on: December 16, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
Had my last exam of the semester today at 8:00 AM. Woke up at 8:15 AM.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6243 on: December 19, 2009, 09:53:04 PM »
Whoah... what did you do?

Boy, have I got work over break...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6244 on: December 20, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »
Teleported, got an A on the exam and an A for the class.

« Reply #6245 on: December 20, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
You simply informed the professor that you are none other than the inventor of Advice Dog, and negotiations were smooth therein.

Boy, have I got work over break...

Book report, thematic essay, two speeches and that internet/youth culture project. Yourself?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6246 on: December 20, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »
For an ongoing English project: Four "journals" (but they're only one page) on assorted philosophical articles, a "preliminary thesis" (I'm kind of scared because I don't completely know what that is), and five pages of "notes" (culled chiefly from said journals) for a paper on my integrity. Alone, I could handle that, but I also have quite literally countless scholarships I'm being pressured to apply for (which entails essays, references, etc., and deadlines are fast approaching) and a book I need to get finished for my senior project (two more stories and that's that, but then I've got to get with the publisher and whatnot).

Also, need any more help with that internet thing?

« Reply #6247 on: December 20, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
Nah, I'm good... Thanks for offering, though.

By the way, a "preliminary thesis" is just an outline of what your overall stance or assertion is regarding the matter in question. It's like an extra-convoluted opening paragraph.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6248 on: December 20, 2009, 10:56:03 PM »
You sure you don't need help with it? It might be useful to keep in mind that youth culture killed TEM's dog.

I'm disappointed at the moment because it doesn't look like any of the stuff I ordered from DealExtreme (which includes a cable to allow me to connect my netbook to a television) will arrive before Christmas, and may not even be shipped before then.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6249 on: December 21, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »
Oh, yeah, that reminds me--I have been fretting a little over something I bought for my brother for Christmas via Bonanzle that's not yet arrived...

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6250 on: December 22, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »
I really really really really really really really really hate YoYoGames right now.  Sure, GM8 is out, but apparently the registration key that got me free upgrades to the full editions of the previous two versions means nothing.  So it's either pay $25 for the latest and greatest version, stick with GM7, or find a... less than official method of upgrading.

Lousy greedy snobs...

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6251 on: December 23, 2009, 11:19:39 PM »
Oh, they released GM8? Awesome! That's pretty cool.

Oh wait, wrong thread. And I really have nothing to complain about, except for that all my time recently has been sucked away by the ungodly combination of schoolwork and LaTale (MMORPG aimed at casual gamers, really fun and sort of addictive). So I basically haven't done any other Internetting.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6252 on: December 25, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »
The new Nintendo Points cards suck. If you actually try to scratch it with a coin, you will end up shredding the cardboard and rendering several numbers illegible before you figure out that you should just ignore the instructions and peel the sticker off (in annoyingly tiny chunks).

Gonna try and call their support number and see if I can just give them the numbers at the bottom.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6253 on: December 26, 2009, 08:31:15 AM »
Well, guys, I wish I could say I had a great Christmas, but the fact is... Not by a long shot. I don't know if it was viral or what--I mean, I can't figure out any other reason I'd still feel this bad--but at my Dad's birthday party/Christmas Eve party at my aunt's, I spent the better part of the evening sweating it out in the bathroom with the worst nausea I've had since... well, the last time I vomited, I think. The next day, add some weird chest/back pressure (which I'm told is some acid reflux thing). I've eaten barely anything for at least a day. Right now, I miraculously haven't tossed my (Christmas) cookies yet, but the pressure (or heartburn, or whatever it is) has moved to my throat and the stomachache is... well, not as bad.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6254 on: December 26, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »
I was a little under the weather yesterday as well, but the worst of it was a runny nose.  Today my throat's slightly scratchy.  I think it's already better than it was this morning, but it's still rather annoying.

Print