Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711732 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #6255 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:38 PM »
I've had a cold for a week myself. But I guess that's nothing compared to SB's ailment.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #6256 on: December 26, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »
I've had a cold for the entire Christmas break, much as I've had for the previous dozen. :'D
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6257 on: December 26, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »
Whew... not to jinx myself, but after this Gastro-something-or-other medicine my grandma recommended, I'm feeling way, way better. I mean, I've got a mild sore throat and my gullet still burns when I inhale deeply, but at least I'm not literally sweating with nausea. I think what I have/had was basically a Guiness World Record-level heartburn.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #6258 on: December 27, 2009, 12:05:24 AM »
The new Nintendo Points cards suck. If you actually try to scratch it with a coin, you will end up shredding the cardboard and rendering several numbers illegible before you figure out that you should just ignore the instructions and peel the sticker off (in annoyingly tiny chunks).

Gonna try and call their support number and see if I can just give them the numbers at the bottom.

Oh god this.

I got one from my older brother as a gift, and I tried to scratch it like I would a normal points card, which is to say like you would a lotto ticket. I end up shredding the code to pieces and I raged so freaking hard.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6259 on: December 27, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »
Unfortunately, I want all love songs.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6260 on: December 28, 2009, 07:53:41 AM »
Finally, some love for that dude who was an ACTUAL bot.

Steven9Wii can go kiss his own ass.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6261 on: December 30, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »
Oh man, I forgot about that quote... who said that, again?

First I was frustrated because one of the Christmas gifts I got for my brother--the original Sonic the Hedgehog movie--hadn't come. Then, when it finally did--and I figured out it was because it was from Malaysia--I'm now frustrated because it's the Malaysian version of the movie; I mean, it's still in English and it works in my DVD player, but the box art is kind of crude and, due to a shoddy production job, says "Crape Your Knuckles" over "Catch Some Tails". Anyone know a good place to print off the original (which I liked more anyway)? I mean, I got it for my brother as a nostalgic, semi-serious thing, but I really wish it could've been exactly what I was hoping for.

« Reply #6262 on: December 30, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
I currently have a 58% in English and two overdue assignments. Failing to hand in both by Monday will somehow bring me to a ****ing 42% and effectively fail me the entire ****ing course.

Until then, peace out *****s.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6263 on: December 30, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »
Well my computer is acting like a piece of total [dukar] and will only work in safe mode, meaning it's more crippled than FDR, meaning I can't put any music on my iPod, for example, or play any games. Naturally, I'm kinda mad.

Until then, peace out *****s.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6264 on: December 30, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
I will be starting my last semester of college in January. I realized a month or two ago that I still need a gym class. I then found out that, although it's not written anywhere, all the gym classes are closed to registration online unless you're a gym major. They open unannounced at random intervals throughout the registration period if there are any slots left, which there never are. By the time they opened up, all that was left was a dance class that was at the same time as the art class I need to take and a gymnastics class (yeah, right). I e-mailed the prof of two of the classes that would fit and asked her to let me in. She said, without explanation, that she couldn't, but that if I keep checking back, "it is likely you will be successful." I wrote her back saying that since my degree and/or however much money it would cost me to come back for one semester to take a one credit class while also paying off the loans without a job hangs in the balance, I want better odds than that. She hasn't written back yet. Classes start on the 4th. Also, the website where you register for classes is down for maintenance until the 3rd. This is bull[dukar].

Until then, peace out polacks.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6265 on: December 30, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »
As I casually mentioned before, my grandma got me three games I already had for Christmas (two of which she had already given me for my birthday), but gave me the receipts and sixty extra dollars to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, the one from GameStop--Dragon Quest IV, for the DS--had been unwrapped by somebody at some point, and as such I was privvy, for the first time, to their wallet-raping buyback rate: The guy was set to give me barely over two bucks for what was a $29.99 game (I know; I had the receipt to prove it). I seriously considered re-shrinkwrapping it and returning it, but I just as soon never enter a GS again (and I'll pass that info on to everyone I know). As for the two games that came from Best Buy--Scribblenauts and Mirror's Edge--I was able to return the former (the money just went back to my grandma's credit card, though), but the latter--even though I had what I'm pretty darn sure was the receipt for it (to confuse things even further, she had two receipts from the same store with the some of the same and some different items on each)--was supposedly not what was on the receipt (how they could figure that out, I don't know, and nor do I know just what the game was if it wasn't Mirror's Edge).

So, in summary, my grandma's getting a little slow, something weird is going on with Best Buy, and GameStop blows like a oscilliating fan in a tornado.

Also, I ate one of almost every free sample in Costco and I'm feeling pretty crappy now.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6266 on: December 30, 2009, 10:36:18 PM »
GameStop's used game return policy is much better, so you know. They'll give you a full refund up to a week after purchase.

I don't really have any ANGST to speak of.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6267 on: December 31, 2009, 09:40:40 AM »
This is gonna be the most boring New Year's Eve I've ever experienced in my life.

****ing. Bull[dukar].
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6268 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:35 PM »
.. and GameStop blows like a oscilliating fan in a tornado.

How is that different from any other time?

New Year's coming. Toadette wants to go see a movie; the Avatar movie (the one I thought was based on the Nick show). I wasn't really sure if I wanted to go see it, and now it looks like that's where I'm spending New Year's this year. :(
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6269 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »
I can't decide whether Pocahontas in Space or Dances With Smurfs is a better alternate title for it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print