Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711765 times)

foxmccloudfan

• Guess who's banned!!!
« Reply #6300 on: January 13, 2010, 12:26:26 AM »
I dunno, but my complaint(s) of the day is that I have to do a term paper on Animal Cruelty.
Violent, disgusting, and depressing.
Guess who's back!!!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6301 on: January 13, 2010, 07:37:46 AM »
Would that be the paper, or the cruelty?

"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6302 on: January 13, 2010, 02:55:46 PM »
So me and the girl are in a volleyball class together this month, if I didn't already mention that. I went there today all ready to just go up and say "Hey, are you doing anything later?" when class was over. And then our team spent way longer finishing our match than her team did (there's four teams, with two matches being played at a time; her team and my team were playing the other two teams, not each other) and she was gone right before we finished. And tomorrow afternoon I'm going home after class for my brother's birthday. I had to laugh at the almost poetic annoyingness. There's a movie on campus Sunday night, though; maybe I can ask her tomorrow if she wants to go to that.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6303 on: January 13, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »
CrossEyed, you're beginning to remind me of Charlie Brown and his awkward attempts to woo the Little Red-Headed Girl.  No offense.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6304 on: January 13, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
She is red-headed, incidentally. And she does look kind of little, despite being the same age as me, probably because I'm used to people two years older than me since I skipped a couple of grades. And she's a girl.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6305 on: January 13, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »
My advice is to never mention that you looked her up on Facebook and absorbed all her information.

Speaking as a man who has been pursued by girls in this very fashion, I can say it is pretty creepy and uncomfortable when someone knows a lot more about you than you probably want them to know (at least, at first).

You may be comfortable with being creepy and awkward, but she probably isn't. While it's OK with you to bring up the Facebook subject, it might not be OK with her, and you might kill any shot you have in the future. I know for sure that I have categorized the aforementioned girls that contacted me through Facebook as "kind of creepy; not my type."

Instead, talk to her in real life. Try to get on her team in volleyball, or hit the ball over to where she is and go get it. Make her notice you, maybe even let her catch you noticing her. Eventually, when it comes time to talk, act naturally, as if you wanted her to be your friend, because that's what all good relationships start as.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6306 on: January 14, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »
Yeah, I'll just say this: Go up and be yourself, but don't try to be yourself, because you'll just end up amplifying your self-described "awkwardness" to a degree that isn't charming or anything. I mean, some girls like cute, awkward, Michael Cera-esque guys. Others don't. Just go up and strike up a conversation about something ordinary and non-offensive, and take off from there. Let her talk more than you let yourself talk; don't interrupt. If she likes something you like, point it out, but don't go off on how you're this movie's #1 fan or you watch every episode of this show on DVD.

My general rule for how to appeal to girls is this: Dress nice enough that you look like you care about yourself, shave (but not too often), don't overdo your hair (this applies to things like gel, combing, etc.; basically, don't look like either a choir boy or a jelly-haired ******bag), wear deodorant, and don't wear the same thing two days in a row. Axe or Old Spice is kind of necessary, I'm afraid.
every

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #6307 on: January 14, 2010, 06:24:02 PM »
Is it just me or do girls like guys who are are girly themselves these days? As in:

-They like virtually 100% hair-less men, facial hair included.
-They like guys with very long hair.
-They like guys with way too many piercings or piercings in areas where women traditonally wear them (or in areas that girls would typically get pierced in this day in age, such as the tongue, septum, etc.).
-They like guys who dress "scene" aka. girl pants, tight & short shirts, etc. (or if they dress like an emo)
-They like guys who are all overly-sensitive and emotional. "aww they're real people" as a bad example.
-They like guys who are smaller in stature and muscle mass (I guess for the "aww cute" factor).
-And as a rarer example, I see some girls that don't even like guys that give women the traditional "women courtesy" treatment that guys are basically obligated to uphold, such as opening doors for women, loaning them jackets, shielding them from the rain, etc.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #6308 on: January 14, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
Actually, girls don't like boys; girls like cars and money.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6309 on: January 14, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »

« Reply #6310 on: January 14, 2010, 06:40:45 PM »
don't look like either a choir boy
Suffix

or a jelly-haired ******bag
Meowrik

Hey, can we get a pic here? At least of the nose?

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6311 on: January 14, 2010, 07:24:34 PM »
None of her pictures are close enough to give a good idea of what it's like in real life (okay, I can't really say none of them, since I haven't gone through all 476 of them -- nor do I plan to anytime soon, because that would be kind of creepy (though not much more creepy than posting a picture of her on here would be, I suppose)); it's a rather subtle cuteness that I only started noticing after she turned a certain angle when I was standing next to her. Anyway, I promised myself that I'd stay away from her profile at least while I'm gone over the weekend, in the hopes that I forget some of the stuff I read on there and then rediscover it later in actual conversation. She looks a little bit like an older version with shorter hair of that picture of Luigison that I thought looked like Hayley Mills. Okay, the actual Hayley Mills would be a better comparison (This one with a little of this one thrown in comes relatively close), but it's more fun to compare her to Luigison.

During serving practice today, her ball rolled away from her and into my general direction. I ran over to it, grabbed it, and handed it to her. As stupid and insignificant and routine as that should have been, my heartrate for those ten seconds was way higher than it ever got during the five 3-on-3 matches we played. It's like I'm in 8th grade all over again, except everyone doesn't hate me this time and I'm actually doing decently in gym.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:32:17 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6312 on: January 14, 2010, 08:19:32 PM »
Hey, I know a girl who looks like that. What's her name?
every

« Reply #6313 on: January 14, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
Now I'm a bit confused, because becoming obsessed with a stranger through pure physical sight implies attractiveness, but refusal to post a pic, the phrases "rather subtle cuteness" at a "certain angle", and comparison to Luigison (!) imply she's on the butt-side of ugly (no offense L-son).

No matter, you've given me more than enough info to find the pics myself.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6314 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
I had a feeling that was why you friended me. You won't find her in my friends list, obviously. You'll probably know her profile if/when you see it (depending on what her privacy settings are), but you'll have to go through everyone at my college to find her (unless you hacked into my Gamespot account, as the only place I've mentioned her by name is my private blog on there). The "rather subtle cuteness" was referring solely to her nose, and what it adds to her overall goodlookingness I'm not going to post pictures of her here because that would be creepy and my chivalry or whatever is finally kicking in. And you have to admit young Luigison looked rather androgynous in that picture. I didn't become obsessed with her through pure physical sight; her looks were what initially caught my eye, but it was our apparent common interests and similar personalities that have gotten me obsessed more than usual.

I just checked with my other Facebook account, and you won't be able to get to any pictures of her without some hacking skills. Or if she randomly decides to accept a friend request from you. Or if you somehow get a hold of an email address from my school. Or possibly some rather thorough detective work.

Of course, if you already have pictures, then I concede my point, and my new point is just that I'm annoyed at you now. Though also a little bit impressed. But mostly annoyed.

Anyway, I'm gonna shut up now. Everyone go back to your angsting already.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 08:16:38 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Print