Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711863 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6330 on: January 19, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »
Oh God, do I hate that song.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6331 on: January 20, 2010, 01:21:42 PM »
I went from slightly disliking Metroid Prime 3 to strongly disliking it today.  Let's just say I have no idea how I'll be getting all the gold credits.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6332 on: January 20, 2010, 04:15:12 PM »
Why do you need to get them all?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6333 on: January 20, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
<+Turtle> Again, I'm a perfectionist.
<+Turtle> If I don't get every credit, I'm not satisfied.
<+Illyasviel> So, Turtlekid, did you ever unlock Ultima Weapon?

« Reply #6334 on: January 20, 2010, 05:25:46 PM »
I've recently gotten into a nasty habit of napping for an hour or two every evening, which causes me to feel groggy for the remainder of the night and unable to sleep when the appropriate time to do so arrives.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6335 on: January 20, 2010, 06:35:51 PM »
I have angst because I just found out that someone on this forum has a crush on my little sister. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6336 on: January 20, 2010, 06:41:08 PM »
CrossEyed is quite the ladies' man these days, yes.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6337 on: January 21, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
I have angst because I just found out that someone on this forum has a crush on my little sister. 

That's just about the worst thing to find out about a forum.
every

« Reply #6338 on: January 21, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »
Luigison, did this revelation occur in #TMK, or did someone's post here tip you off?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6339 on: January 21, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
I went from slightly disliking Metroid Prime 3 to strongly disliking it today.  Let's just say I have no idea how I'll be getting all the gold credits.

This again.  Have I mentioned that I really hate GF Demolition Troopers?  And Hypermode?  And just about anything else that was introduced in Prime 3?

« Reply #6340 on: January 21, 2010, 06:13:40 PM »
I'm really surprised you're not complaining about Friend Vouchers.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6341 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
At least you don't have to get all the friend vouchers to buy everything from the galleries.  You only need fifteen, and even then, you don't have to do fifteen voucher tasks to receive fifteen green credits.  But if you want to buy all the goodies, you must get all the gold credits.  I suppose I shoulc expound on what I said earlier; I'm only a perfectionist when it comes to a points system if I have to get every point/credit/whatever to buy all of whatever the points buy.  I know I'll never be able to get all the friend vouchers, but it doesn't matter whether I do or not.  It won't show on my file.  So I'm not going to bother.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #6342 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
I'm very surprised that you don't like Prime 3. I'm pretty sure you're the first person I've encountered who has liked the first two but not the third. So, congraturation, I guess.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6343 on: January 21, 2010, 08:18:19 PM »
My main beef with it is that Hypermode was horribly-executed.  I don't like a cast-from-HP weapon in the first place, but it could have been much better if they had kept the beam-switching system, let you select the Phazon Beam as a regular beam, and only take health off for each shot you fire when it's selected, instead of using an energy tank whenever you just need a few shots, or, at the other end, instead of having to re-enter Hypermode when you need more firepower than one energy tank gives you.

Also, the atmosphere of isolation is pretty much gone, what with all the intelligent beings that aren't trying to kill you.  If you can call the GF Troopers intelligent.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6344 on: January 22, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »
I wouldn't say the Prime Trilogy got worse with each progressive game so much as it got less great. I think what happened with Corruption was that they wanted to give the Wii's answer to Halo a shot and kind of missed. Personally, I thought it was good--I beat it, if that indicates anything--but my top issues with it would probably have to be the heavy shooting-gallery feel in some parts (the camera controls were, in my opinion, revolutionary, though), the predictability/repetition and hand-holding that permeated a lot of the gameplay, and the fact that I could not stop being reminded of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones every now and then.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print