Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711466 times)

« Reply #6360 on: January 26, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »
As much as I like Kristen Bell, I hate seeing her face on those When in Rome posters. She has like a thousand teeth and its absolutely freaky.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #6361 on: January 26, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »

She could just eat you up.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #6362 on: January 26, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
That lipstick is so not her color.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #6363 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #6364 on: January 26, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »
That green skin is so not her color.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6365 on: January 26, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »
How do all those guys fit in that car anyway. It looks like the driver alone takes up half the space inside.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6366 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
They're clowns. Why else do you think her makeup looks so off?

I've been having gastrointestinal issues for the last few days. I'll just leave it at that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6367 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:33 AM »
I wish you'd left it at before you even said anything.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6368 on: January 27, 2010, 08:01:36 AM »
I'd like to imagine you didn't have your CT until you posted that.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6369 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »
J.D. Salinger died how the frak did I miss this.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6370 on: January 30, 2010, 12:30:59 PM »
Who cares?
every

« Reply #6371 on: January 30, 2010, 12:49:41 PM »
Isn't he the author of that messed-up book which "told" Mark David Chapman to kill John Lennon?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6372 on: January 30, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »
I take it you mean The Catcher in the Rye?

Who cares?
I don't know, I just figured a famous author dying was important. In any case, this kid at my school looks exactly like that one picture of him.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #6373 on: February 02, 2010, 11:23:33 AM »
Pretty sure I just dropped an atomic bomb on my first biology test of the year.  Man, I used to be good at those.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #6374 on: February 02, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »
Ah, I've dropped bombs on my management exams and still managed to squeak through. Wait, no, there's a manager and America joke to be found in there somewhere.

One thing that's been ticking me off a lot lately (besides my lousy ISP HughesNet) is that I'd click a link and it takes me to the link above or below it. So I suddenly find myself somewhere I wasn't expecting. It's clear I'm just not paying attention and clicking the wrong thing, which bugs me.

Another thing that bugs me, and I have to say it, is when someone decides to give a reply a different subject. Then I'm looking through Fungi Forums, I glance at the recent posts column, and see what looks like a new topic. I go into the forum (because I never think to click "show unread posts" instead), and I can't find it anywhere. Oh, it's because that's the name of a new post, not a new topic. I know it's a feature, but I don't care. I didn't think anybody bothered giving subjects to posts here.

And finally, my ISP HughesNet. It's the only viable option for some people out in the rural middle of nowhere like me, so they can afford to offer terrible service at outrageous prices. It's satellite internet, so you can see where this is going. When it does work, it works well enough, but there are times where you can't get service at all. Probably the weather. Secure sites aren't given the "turbopage" treatment on low-price plans like the one I'm on, which means they take so long to be received that they often time out. The HughesNet member login page itself uses a secure site, so sometimes I can't log in to check billing or usage info. Yep, it's one of those ISPs with data caps. I'm on the lowest plan, so that's 200 or 250 MB per day max. Turns out watching YouTube videos sucks that up REAL fast. There are complicated rules on how it's figured when you actually go over, but once you do, you're under the Fair Access Policy (FAP) mode where speed is throttled down to dialup speeds for 24 hours. But it doesn't even seem like dialup, because the pages always time out! It used to be you could check the HughesNet website to see how much you've already downloaded, but for whatever reason I can't get it to work now (it times out or comes up with a browser error) even when trying every browser with popups turned off (it insists on using a popup for that kind of info). If you do get through, it shows your usage except for the last two hours, so that doesn't always help. Hughes said they'd come out with a program to monitor your usage in realtime, but of course they haven't, and the only scripts I can find online work for earlier models of their router (or seem to try to access that same usage page). And as of a couple months ago, there's been this nasty habit of having pages time out IMMEDIATELY and needing to refresh each page a few times before it will go "oh, you actually want to go to that page? Okay". No, HughesNet doesn't allow you to change your DNS preferences to anything else (unless maybe you do a lot of trickery), so I'm held hostage by problems on their end. Or it's a problem inherent to satellite internet, I don't know. Oh yeah, and every time I open my browser, I have to wait half a minute or more before it will actually TRY to go to a webpage. Maybe that's the satellite acquiring an IP address, don't know.

I'd also complain that Adobe Updater is absolutely incapable of connecting to the Internet, but I've heard a lot of people say that darn thing always complains, so that might be an Adobe problem.
You didn't say wot wot.

Print