Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711650 times)

« Reply #7320 on: May 01, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
...good point. And they're all pretty bad.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7321 on: May 02, 2011, 09:13:20 AM »
 "Simpsons did it first"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7322 on: May 04, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »
First three seasons of Family Guy were decent. The rest, fair enough.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #7323 on: May 04, 2011, 04:13:31 AM »
I've spent the past six hours trying to make my Action Replay software recognize my Action Replay hardware. According to every one of the dozens of tutorials I've followed, I've done everything perfectly.

**** Datel.

These fine folks are experiencing the same problem:
http://gbatemp.net/t242635-pc-won-t-recognize-action-replay
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110408195240AAxWAq3
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7324 on: May 04, 2011, 07:37:35 AM »
I've stopped expecting anything I buy that runs on microchips to actually work a long time ago.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7325 on: May 05, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »
I HATE SUMMER >:U
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7326 on: May 05, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »
My girlfriend and I broke up a month and a half ago. Forgot to mention it here.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7327 on: May 05, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »
That's OK. I broke up with mine around the same time. :P

« Reply #7328 on: May 05, 2011, 06:46:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that guys.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7329 on: May 06, 2011, 12:34:51 PM »
Man, that sucks. Well, stay strong, and such.

In other, slightly more petty news, don't buy this. Two of the main zippers broke on mine with no discernable provocation, and though I have a track record of being a jinx around zippers, a friend of mine says his broke too, as well as the one of someone he knows. The only upside now is, I don't have to unzip my bag to grab stuff out of it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7330 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »
For once, I'm glad I'm not in college and no longer have an excuse to buy a messenger bag, or else I'd already own that.

I'll just get the Club Nintendo one in July when I can add coins again.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7331 on: May 06, 2011, 08:38:29 PM »
This is not the place for it, but I don't know what is, so when you can I suggest taking both a historical geology and a sociology class if at all possible.  A psych 101 course is also recommended, but I assume you'll take that for almost any mayor.  You can thank me later. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7332 on: May 07, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2010/12/09/my-little-homophobic-racist-smarts-shaming-pony/

This person is a ****. Yeah I said it. I'm pretty ****ing ****ed after reading this thing. Way to take a god[darn] cartoon far too seriously. At least the commenters have some sense because they all think she's an idiot.

This just can't be how other liberals comport themselves.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:18:27 AM by PaperLuigi »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7333 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
Looking for racist/sexist/whateverist subtext in cartoons is LOL
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

« Reply #7334 on: May 07, 2011, 12:05:20 PM »
I was immediately concerned that the only pony that looked slightly angry or tomboyish was the rainbow pony. Since there’s a false stereotype that all feminists are angry, tomboyish lesbians, it was disconcerting to think that a kid’s TV show would uphold this.
Is it just me, or does sociological criticism like this pretty much always boil down to hypocritical circular reasoning? "That one pony looks tomboyish. This evil patriarchical society thinks all feminists are angry or that lesbians are all tomboys or tomboys are all lesbian feminists but in a bad way or some combination of that, therefore this pony, created by patriarchs, cannot simply be a tomboy, but must be a horrid stereotype of angry tomboy lesbian feminists, which is bad. How dare they!"

Self-righteous assumptions like that really **** me off. As Lauren Faust said in her rebuttal, "As we all know, there are plenty of straight tomboys in the world, and assuming they are lesbians is extremely unfair to both straight and lesbian tomboys."

I showed the video to fellow Ms. intern/blogger Kyle and asked, “What’s wrong with this picture?” he responded, “There aren’t any black ponies. Why aren’t there any brothas on the wall?” I had originally assumed that the purple ponies were supposed to represent black ponies, but he was right–the ponies don’t seem very racially diverse.
There aren't any Caucasian ponies either, dumb***. Because they're ponies.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Kyle was mocking you.

My Little Pony teaches girls that you need the government (ideally a monarch invested with supreme ultimate power and a phallic symbol strapped to her forehead) to tell you what to do with your life.
Okay, this has to be a parody site.

Print