Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1711659 times)

« Reply #7800 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
[VULGAR COMEBACK EXPUNGED]

WHY YOU LITTLE                             
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7801 on: September 05, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »

TAKE THAT
Unwillingly, but successfully! Twice!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7802 on: September 13, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
Welp. Turns out I'm already carless again before I even get to drive the thing.

My brother just called to tell me the DMV told him my car can't be registered in the US, period, because whoever had a lien on it before we got it never released it, and that company no longer exists to do so. So the car's useless except for scrap.

« Reply #7803 on: September 13, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
Wow. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7804 on: September 13, 2012, 06:18:47 PM »
Wow. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.
I thought the same thing and wanted to help, but in my research only found that it's a fairly common problem.  Sorry Warp.  In my research I found that it is handled slightly different from state to state.  What state are you in and is the lien in the same state?  If not, where is it from? 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7805 on: September 27, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
I had one of these

I bought it some time last year before winter (Edit: No, wait, I think it was actually early this year). And wow it was a really great controller, that d-pad was amazing, I started doing some MvC3 combos reliably and it was just better than what I had before all around.

But two days ago the D-pad fell off. I'd noticed the silvery coating was flaking off in a sort of rounded square in the center... and then that became a hole in the plus. The rest of the plus fell off and the center stayed, apparently being the only thing actually attached to the thing. Was I too hard on it or what? This just isn't something that should happen to a controller no matter how much you use it, I don't think. So I'm upset that it did. And apparently this is not an isolated incident.

I've sent for one of these bad boys now...

but I better like it and it better not suck 'cause it's all I'm gonna have for a while. My original controller's left stick is stupid and, well, there's the thing I just talked about. The newer ones have reportedly fixed some issues the older ones had and people seem to like it. So...

If it doesn't suck it'll be perfect for N64 emulation mmmmmmmm.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:12:20 PM by BP »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7806 on: September 27, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
Good luck with the controller.  I use a standard wired 360 controller for PC mostly now, but still don't care for the d-pad.  Since I moved I haven't been able to find my SNES USB controller from Club Nintendo and never got my Wii Classic Controller to work right on PC. 

Your post reminded me of my recent discovery that the analog stick between the GCN, Classic Controller Pro, and Nunchuck are all interchangeable. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7807 on: September 27, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
Third-party controllers never last. I went through MadCatz with my Gamecube like tissue during an episode of Hannah Montana.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7808 on: September 27, 2012, 06:23:52 PM »
The third-party controller in that image is the same one I own, and it's a pretty [darn] good controller.

And the one BP had before was a first-party controller.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7809 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:21 PM »
The third-party controller in that image is the same one I own, and it's a pretty [darn] good controller.

And the one BP had before was a first-party controller.
Based on that I don't consider HORI third party. 

Also, HORI's N64 controller is better than Nintendo's original.  I went through several analog sticks on Nintendo's N64 controller, but never had problems with HORI's controller outside of the d-pad which sucked on both controllers. 

« Reply #7810 on: September 29, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »
My football team lost the grand final.

Also, I've lost faith in pretty much all of my close friends.

But mainly the football thing.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7811 on: September 29, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »
Sadly, I feel like it had to happen sometime. Maybe not the football sadness, but the friend thing. I made a friend here in college who came back from an internship in Missouri a raging alcoholic. He was always a little prone to raging, but the drinking was unbearable.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7812 on: September 29, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »
I had to learn the hard way not to put more trust in my friends than in myself.  I threw out my back because of the stress involved in making her happy.  Thankfully, we parted ways and I went to see a counselor.

It sucks to see friends turn into less compatible people.  As long as you have trust in yourself, this sentence will end nicely.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #7813 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
So I dusted off my Snes recently, and all my old games seem to work! Huzzah!

But! Yoshi's Island seems to have a couple of glitches that weren't present the last time I played..

Sometimes when collecting coins, Yoshi will act like he hit his head on a harmless celeing and then fall out of the sky, or sometimes be pushed through the floor if the coin was level with the ground. (just the coins that are floating in the levels, not the ones produced from enemies being hit with yellow eggs)

There have been a couple of times when the sprites completely disappear from the screen. I am not sure what the cause of this is, but it can usually be fixed by backtracking in the level and then going back to the area where they disappeared.

Now for the big one: I started a new file, and am stuck in World 1-6. Every time I go into the secret tunnel with the Mole Tank transformation, I can move Tank Yoshi over to the edge of the dig-able dirt, and then one of three things happen..

- the game freezes, but the cave music still plays

- the game goes to a black screen, but the cave music still plays

- the game boots back to the title screen, as if the reset button has been hit

I checked that level in my other two files, and it happens in those two files too.

I've cleaned the connectors on both the pak and the system, so it can't be that. I guess YI is just suffering from old age (come to think of it, it was used when I bought it..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #7814 on: October 04, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »
maybe you're in a creepypasta

Seriously though, maybe try replacing the SNES head.

Print