Print

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Character Suggestions  (Read 120194 times)

« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:12 AM »

As does Dark Link. I don't recall the red eyes, though. I just thought about the all-black Link like in Melee.
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2007, 02:54:31 PM »
Dark Link has red eyes in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. You only see them in a scene in TP though.

Is this the end of Pikachu's party hats?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2007, 08:33:23 PM »

It's about time they used the Fire colors! I hope this means Luigi gets his Fire outfit, as well as other outfits for both Bros (Hammer Bro, Tanooki, and Frog from SMB3, though that would probably mean too many cameos from one series, wouldn't it..?)

*thinks about the amount of Pokemon trophies in Melee*

On second thought, let's go ahead and see if they add the three suits from SMB3..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2007, 08:42:24 PM »
Fire Mario joins the brawl

....As an alternate costume

Beat you to it, sorry

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2007, 08:43:21 PM »

It's about time they used the Fire colors! I hope this means Luigi gets his Fire outfit, as well as other outfits for both Bros (Hammer Bro, Tanooki, and Frog from SMB3, though that would probably mean too many cameos from one series, wouldn't it..?)

*thinks about the amount of Pokemon trophies in Melee*

On second thought, let's go ahead and see if they add the three suits from SMB3..

But those are litttle to complex to be mere color swaps.

« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2007, 02:13:16 AM »
Since all the old Smash Bros Melee character lists are now plausible, I could name off pretty much anyone and they'd have a chance of making it in. Either as a playable character or assist trophy. They better have like 400 regular trophies in the game though, they've got a bazillion other things in there already, shouldn't skimp on a favorite pasttime of obsessive Melee players.

Actually, I'm half-expecting Krystal as an Assist Trophy. I don't know what she'd do, but the Star Fox representation in the game can't stop at Fox and Falco (and considering their appearance was mucked up for Assault and Command, I'd like to see one team member who looks normal). Maybe Wolf o' Donnell, though again I wouldn't want to see the Assault version of him.

I do expect to see Tails as a playable character though. Can't have Sonic without Tails. Or Robotnik for that matter, which was made plausible after seeing the behemoth King Dedede become a playable character (which I think is awesome, never would have expected him, although his hammer better do major damage). And you know, Tails can fly.

As for Mario characters, we already have most of them. ...hey, how about the Koopa Kids as trophies? Way better than Bowser Jr.

Or Flammie from Secret of Mana. The most unlikely choice of all, but I would freak out in joy if he appeared. Secret of Mana was like Chrono Trigger's little brother.

Regarding Ness possibly not making it into Brawl, the fact that Lucas appeared at all drives me batty in two ways. First, having Ness in Smash Bros. was what made me consider playing EarthBound in the first place. So what if they wanted Lucas in the original game, Ness was the man. Told me that Nintendo acknowledged the existence of EarthBound. Now Lucas is here, who few people will know. If people get to like Lucas, wouldn't that signal more people wanting Mother 3 over here? Having Marth and Roy in Melee did eventually trigger some Fire Emblem games in America. Sin & Punishment EVENTUALLY got released in America, on the Virtual Console (speaking of which, it's high time for Star Fox 2 to appear. It was basically finished after all).

Come on Nintendo, give us Mother 3. If not, then give us Ness back. Hey, you're putting the Snowman song into the game (which I misinterpreted as Winters), just go the whole mile and represent EarthBound more.
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2007, 03:35:43 AM »
Krystal: I think there was something about her voice actress accidentally revealing a role in Brawl.

Wolf: Isn't he an alt for Fox?

Dedede's size: He's like, two feet tall in the Kirby games.

Mario: Wario was the last guy we needed. No more necessary.

Ness: Nothing points to his removal. Sakurai has used "until now" for two things still in Brawl (standard attacks and combos, and handicaps, don't say anything about handicaps being changed because he used the phrase for their existence in general), he poured the emphasis on how different his "replacement" is when they're not so different, really, and APE, Inc.'s copyright is still there. Don't worry. I'm sure he's still about. In fact I'd love to see Ninten, but it'd take a lot to make him look different enough from Ness to not confuse people... Go striped shirts!

Lucas: He'll be in my army after I play Mother 3, for sure (despite his not-as-cool-as-Nessness. He'd better not steal Ness's victory music, though.

Mother 3: I'm betting it gets a VC release.

The Snowman music: It's in every Mother game, in the eponymous town, in Jeff's boarding school, and some time in Mother 3.
It's YOUR problem!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2007, 10:29:04 AM »
How can Mother 3 get a VC release. It was made for the GBA.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #368 on: November 25, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
Not like it would be hard to emulate or anything...
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #369 on: November 25, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
How can Mother 3 get a release on anything else. GBA is very dead.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #370 on: November 25, 2007, 02:12:18 PM »
Yeah, because the DS is a horrible system to make remakes for.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #371 on: November 25, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Here's a few ideas:   

1.Spongebob: could catch people in bubbles and hit them while they're in there

2.Crash Bandicoot: could use spinning move to make enemies dizzy so he can hit them with a charged smash attack

3.Sora: use his ice,fire,thunder,heal,magnet,and for his final smash....................SUMMON

4.Naruto :his cloning powers,throw knives, and telaprt

5.Shy Guy for an Assist Trophy: hit people with his propelor and run people over in a kart

6.Balloon Fighter: he could hover and his balloon could turn into weapons like a medevil flale and stuff

7.One of the Elebits: turn into an elactric elabit and drain enemy power to use for himself

8.Dewey: could zap with lightning dewey and freeze with ice dewey and whatever he wants with normal dewey

9.Ballyhoo from Mario Party 8:use the star rod for rock,water,ice,flame,dark,light, and ggrass powers

10.Your Mii with just simple attacks:just kicks,headbutts, and punches because they wouldn't be able to have special moves and make every mii compatable with them

11. Sly Cooper: cane attacks,exelent balance(won't easily fall off ledges), and can get more coins during coin mode

I know we can't have all of these but I hope they choose 1 or a few of these.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 09:03:01 PM by libra346 »
Anything you can do I can do better.

« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2007, 03:09:17 PM »
I'd like to see Ness make it to Brawl...nothing really points to his removal quite yet, though I'd hate having to play as Lucas instead. I like Lucas, but kicking Ness out after two games seems rather pointless.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 07:13:07 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #373 on: November 25, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »
How can Mother 3 get a release on anything else. GBA is very dead.

A compilation for the Wii is the closest thing. Besides, why do we need it so badly. It's not like if nintendo doesnt release the game here, they will die.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2007, 06:05:49 PM »
The people of Starmen.net say otherwise!!
Why a compilation for the Wii when they could just put Mother, EarthBound and Mother 3 on the VC? Saves money...
It's YOUR problem!

Print