Print

Author Topic: High-Def Mario  (Read 232765 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2008, 06:34:25 AM »
Opus and Bill? (I didn't click the link--this is a guess based off of your description and the fact that they're all cartoon characters)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2008, 05:08:06 PM »
I don't remember their names, but they are from the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
Speaking of comics, does anybody know the comic strip La Chucaracha? (may be misspelled.)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2008, 06:24:50 PM »
The Hi_Def Zim made me die a little on the inside.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #168 on: May 20, 2008, 10:09:59 PM »
I don't remember their names, but they are from the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
Speaking of comics, does anybody know the comic strip La Chucaracha? (may be misspelled.)
Oh, those guys... no, can't say I know the name(s).

« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »
Opus and Bill, yeah. As for the Get Fuzzy characters, I know the cat is Bucky, but I don't know the other one... *checks* Satchel, that's right. Cool names. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite comic strips, next to Zits and Dilbert. Pickles just isn't funny for me anymore. The new "Opus" fails to amuse me, but I think it's awesome that the characters are back.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »
I honestly have no idea who opus and bill are.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2008, 05:58:13 AM »
Comic strip characters, but I don't know much more about them than that, simply because they don't appear in my paper.

PS: I was hoping for hi-def Rat and Pig.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2008, 06:35:04 AM »
Opus is a penguin (who looks more like a puffin) and Bill is a cat who is described once somewhere along the lines of "a Communist who barfs a lot". They're from Bloom County, and you're better off reading the 80s strips.

« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
Hi Def Zim wasn't very good. The rest were fine.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
I never really got into Invader Zim.  People keep telling me I missed out when I told them that.

« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »
I never really got into Invader Zim.  People keep telling me I missed out when I told them that.
Same goes for many other cartoons. Me, if I haven't watched it, I don't feel like I've missed anything. Until I see it and then realize "where was THIS all my life?" which is how I stumbled upon Sonic SatAM and Road Rovers. People also say Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and The Angry Beavers were unforgettable. Maybe Cow & Chicken too, not sure.

Courage the Cowardly Dog? Wonder if I'm the only one to have seen what I think is the predecessor to that, I think it was called Duck Soup, it appeared on the "Oh Yeah! Cartoons". Grampa brings out a scary mask to scare the dog out of his wits. Evil chickens or ducks arrive and the dog's the only one to deal with the threat.
You didn't say wot wot.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2008, 07:04:18 AM »
..as far as I can tell, the pilot episode of Courage was entitled "The Chicken From Outer Space", and it involved Courage having to stop an Alien Chicken from zapping the farm lady while the farmer ate one of the Chicken's eggs and turned into a Chicken himself. Every time Courage tried to warn them farmer, he scared him with a big green mask for laughs. This appeared on "World Premiere Toons", later known as the "What a Cartoon!" show, so maybe that's what you're thinking of.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2008, 08:09:26 AM »
Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and The Angry Beavers are all unforgettable.

But I hated Invader Zim.
Ditto used Machop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2008, 08:57:57 AM »
Rocko was awesome, but you never see it on Nick anymore.  And I also enjoy Courage, which seems to be one of the only good shows left on Cartoon Network.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2008, 07:55:02 PM »
The only memory of Rocko I have is a 5 episode VHS :(

I also really liked Doug. (Nick, not Disney.)
Ditto used Machop!

Print