Print

Author Topic: High-Def Mario  (Read 232734 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #390 on: September 30, 2008, 02:04:54 PM »
Yes, and he was Dick Dastardly.

I would have known that, but the only Dick Dastardly thing I cared for were Wacky Races. His stand alone show was stupid and was basically what WarioWare was to Wario, something that completely ruined his character.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #391 on: September 30, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
Ironic, considering Dick Dastardly is Waluigi.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #392 on: September 30, 2008, 05:39:23 PM »
I would have known that, but the only Dick Dastardly thing I cared for were Wacky Races. His stand alone show was stupid and was basically what WarioWare was to Wario, something that completely ruined his character.

Bird Person isn't going to like you.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #393 on: September 30, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
It'd be stupid to dislike someone for not playing some pretty sweet games just because they didn't like the mascot's clothing. That's a dumb reason to not play some cool games, but hey, think whatever you want.

Now, I never played a lot of Wario Land because I played Wario Land 3 and wasn't impressed. Wario Land: Shake It! looks worth playing, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #394 on: September 30, 2008, 09:10:41 PM »
You really ought to try to play the other Wario Lands. WL2 or 4 may fare better in your hands. WL3 was always my personal favorite.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #395 on: September 30, 2008, 09:20:26 PM »
I never could get into the Wario Lands. I tried to play the first one for a while and I remember playing 2 or 3 later, but they just weren't interesting to me. WarioWare, on the other hand, is mega fun.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #396 on: September 30, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »
Actually I never played 2, 3 & 4 either. I just hate WarioWare because it feels out of character for Wario to WORK to feed his greediness. Wario was supposed to be all about stealing his earnings.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #397 on: September 30, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
I think the whole get rich quick scheme suits Wario quite well. Lazy bum that he is.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
I think the whole get rich quick scheme suits Wario quite well. Lazy bum that he is.

Precisely why it was out of character for him to build a factory and actually EARN his wealth.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #399 on: September 30, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
Precisely why it was out of character for him to build a factory and actually EARN his wealth.

And raiding temples is less work?
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #400 on: September 30, 2008, 10:53:27 PM »
I wouldn't call that Hi-def Bowser...

Oh, and if they have a Hi-Def Bowser, I hope they only show his face...:P
Why can't I go one day without thinking of something dirty?

Actually, of all the hi-def pics in this thread, I thought the hi-def Bowser was pretty tame. Others think it's ugly, but I don't think it's too repulsive. Bowsah's on this page, just scroll down.

I was going to post a Bowser pic from deviantArt, but no one should ever have to see a big-muscled Bowser. It's just one of those things you don't talk about.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:59:01 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #401 on: September 30, 2008, 11:14:50 PM »
And raiding temples is less work?
Hey, yeah. Treasure hunting is way more laborious than having a high school student, a dancing aficionado, a pair of shoolkids, a crazy doctor, a crazy doctor's granddaughter, a crazy doctor's karaoke robot, a pair of anthropomorphic animals who drive a taxi cab, a teenaged witch, an alien, misguided twin kindergartners and a training warrior make a video game with your name and face on it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2008, 11:44:46 PM »
Wario was supposed to be all about stealing his earnings.
The entire bookend plot of Smooth Moves is Wario stealing an artifact.

« Reply #403 on: October 01, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »

He didn't really work for it.. That's why the controls in the first game are so simplistic: just the directions and the A button. He didn't want to use the other buttons to make the game too complex.

He also didn't pay his workers. The company became a success, and everyone started demanding money from him for payment. He jumped into a rocket and tried to get away, but the rocket ended up crashing, and all of the money he took with him fell all over the place.*

I thought it was perfectly in character for him to pull a stunt like that (even if he didn't get away with it).

*You find this out at the end of the first WarioWare game. I wonder if I should give it spoiler tags..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #404 on: October 01, 2008, 04:31:16 PM »
I was going to post a Bowser pic from deviantArt, but no one should ever have to see a big-muscled Bowser. It's just one of those things you don't talk about.
Pix nao
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print