Print

Author Topic: High-Def Mario  (Read 232886 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »
It is official. The term high-definition is being severely misused.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #436 on: November 14, 2008, 08:50:48 PM »
Porkchop looks more like Tummi Gummi from Gummi Bears.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #437 on: November 15, 2008, 09:47:53 AM »
I just realized yesterday that the Doug characters look something like a combination of the Recess kids and Muppets.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #438 on: November 15, 2008, 01:07:53 PM »
Heh, they do. You never quite realize how strange they look until you see costumes of them in real life. Patti Mayonnaise looks the most normal of the lot there, although the wig looks Photoshopped. Hair looks off for all of them, but then, it'd be hard to get hair to look like that without looking stupid. And Porkchop's the creepiest just because he isn't a dog. I'd like to see a costume for Judy, though it'd probably be an artistic picture with her lying in the middle of a vast field where some dead poet lies buried.

But overall, good effort for Doug costumes. It's been so long since I watched that show, I'd almost forgotten about all the weird colorful daydreams that Doug always has. My favorite episode was probably when Doug gets the Super Pretendo system, along with the latest game Space Munks. He plays it so much that at school the next morning, he can't focus on anything and imagines little rocket ships shooting missiles at Roger's face. I'm sure we've had days like that.

Then there was that Muppet Babies episode which had the Pretendo Entertainment System and a parody of Donkey Kong (I think they used a dragon in place of the monkey). Particularly memorable when Piggy runs up to Mario and ninja-kicks him off the stage.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 01:16:08 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #439 on: November 15, 2008, 01:24:26 PM »
The dragon was supposed to be a parody of Bowser/Wart and was named "King Kopa Kabana". That other part you're thinking of doesn't happen. Gonzo was dressed as Mario and Piggy was dressed as Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and she took over the game and melted the boss with one of his own fireballs.

« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
I remember that episode! I seem to recall them showing actual clips from the DK game, with nothing changed.

I remember my mom looking at me and saying "You play that game too, don't you?" I had a shocked look on my face, and said "yeah, I do"

That was when I realised that my parents actually did pay more attention to my gaming than I initially thought.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #441 on: November 18, 2008, 01:32:43 AM »
Awww. Your parents cared...

...A couple of months ago, my dad thought I had a 360. :(
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #442 on: November 18, 2008, 11:41:45 AM »
I haven't told my dad that I have a PS2 yet, so he may or may not know.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #443 on: November 18, 2008, 05:23:52 PM »
My brother and I will periodically pull out and start playing some game we've had for four years and my dad will ask if it's new.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #444 on: November 20, 2008, 05:22:24 AM »
Playing through the Hades Cup on expert mode yesterday (Kingdom Hearts), Goofy was frequently at critical health. 
My dad asked "Why is Goofy shouting for help?"
"Cause he's getting the crap beat out of him."

...yeah.  I guess you had to be there.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #445 on: November 25, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »
My dad thought my Gamecube was an Xbox. I can imagine him at work.

Guy 1: blah...blah...Xbox...bla blah...
Guy 2: Cool, blah blah Xbox blah.
Guy 1: Hey John, do you play Xbox?
Dad: No, my son has one.
Dad: He plays with the Mario.
Guy 1: ...
Guy 2: ...

My brother and I will periodically pull out and start playing some game we've had for four years and my dad will ask if it's new.

If my dad did that, then I would not get any games at all.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #446 on: November 25, 2008, 11:53:02 PM »
When I planned to get a GameCube, my mom somehow got the name confused with Xbox. My dad went "why would he want an Xbox?" and I fixed the error.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #447 on: November 26, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »
It does look like a box, doesn't it?
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #448 on: November 26, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
XRectangle, more like it.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #449 on: November 26, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
XRightSolid would be closer, rectangles being two-dimensional shapes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print