Print

Author Topic: High-Def Mario  (Read 232797 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2009, 09:10:13 PM »
It's a love/hate relationship.  Hatred for the meme, love for the awesome starter that eventually becomes the brute known as Swampert.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2009, 11:00:43 PM »
It's a love/hate relationship.  Hatred for the meme, love for the awesome starter that eventually becomes the brute known as Swampert.
Quoted for truth.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »
I've dared to research the origins of that... thing at least twice and I'm still confused. All I know is it involves a retarded humping kid and a plush toy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2009, 08:25:20 AM »

Sceptile & Blaziken > Swampert.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2009, 08:28:57 AM »
I've always gone with the Fire Pokemon myself.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »
For the first two gens, I went with the fire Pokemon, but 3rd and 4th, I don't care for chickens or monkeys.  And Combusken is just plain fugly!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2009, 11:20:06 AM »
Sceptile & Blaziken > Swampert.

Maybe Blaziken.  But I can tell you I had the hardest time with Emerald on my first playthrough, using a Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2009, 05:53:31 PM »
I always go with fire, except when it's Diamon/Pearl/Platinum. I don't like the Garbage type, so none of the starters (or any of the new Pokémon) are appealing to me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #488 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
I always go with fire, except when it's Diamon/Pearl/Platinum. I don't like the Garbage type, so none of the starters (or any of the new Pokémon) are appealing to me.

Come on, now I didn't like the story of DP (Zomg! Gotta collect 8 Badges and thwart an "evil" team that's actually doing something that would help the world, but I STILL GOTTA STOP EM WONCE AGIAN!!) but the Sinnoh Pokemon were awesome (namely Magmorter, Porygon-Z and many more).
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #489 on: February 10, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »
Disclaimer: I don't care how far this topic is being derailed. That's the nature of the beauty that is the intellectual conversation.

I can't name a single new addition I didn't hate. There was one. I thought Rotom was creative and neat. But then they gimmicked it up and made lawnmower, fridge and toilet forms. What. The. Dukar.

All the evolutions of first-generation Pokémon are nasty-looking. I'll say it again--it looks like some cruel scientists force-fed them radioactive applesauce until they grew fat. The rest of the newbies? Robots, frikkin' legendaries, or both.

And the cries. I loved how in the third generation, though there was a lot more freedom with better sound quality, that's all that was used. The sound system is more advanced and they didn't ignore that, but they SOUNDED like Pokémon cries. I hear the fourthies' cries and I'm like, "Why Nintendo why?" Glaceon and Leafeon have my evil eye directed at them--it was bad enough when Espeon strayed from the formula for the Eevee family cry, but these guys are just being rebellious.

But...

I love so much more about the mechanics. All the beasts I could make with the new rules for physical and special attacks... Certain items' new effects... Grrr. Where's my Silver remake? Where?
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #490 on: February 10, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
Yeah, I've been interested in when we'll see the GS remakes.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #491 on: February 10, 2009, 11:23:10 PM »
I'm losing hope, sadly. But who knows. The DS is still pretty successful and the DSi looks like it'll keep it alive way longer than the general activity expectancy of a game system.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »
I believe that one of the purposes of FireRed/LeafGreen was to find a way to make all of the original 151 and the remaining 2nd gen Pokemon available to the 3rd gen games; and, thanks to the DS/GBA cart link, to the 4th gen games as well. Since all of the GS generation Pokemon are available between RSE and FRLG... making a GS remake at this stage wouldn't really do much for that cause, so if one is ever made, it'll be for a future generation that is entirely incompatible with 3rd/4th gen, perhaps with the Kanto quest at the end.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
"Perhaps" with the Kanto quest? I wouldn't buy a G/S remake if they didn't keep the second half of the game in.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2009, 07:35:23 AM »
I believe that one of the purposes of FireRed/LeafGreen was to find a way to make all of the original 151 and the remaining 2nd gen Pokemon available to the 3rd gen games; and, thanks to the DS/GBA cart link, to the 4th gen games as well. Since all of the GS generation Pokemon are available between RSE and FRLG... making a GS remake at this stage wouldn't really do much for that cause, so if one is ever made, it'll be for a future generation that is entirely incompatible with 3rd/4th gen, perhaps with the Kanto quest at the end.
It was also celebrating the franchise's 10 year anniversary (Japan).  Kind of sad that Pokemon Co. USA didn't do anything special for the games' US 10 year anniversary last fall.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print