Print

Author Topic: Weird Ponderings  (Read 13322 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: November 18, 2005, 07:43:32 PM »
Ever had a weird thought in your brain like:

Why do 7-11's have locks when they're open year round?

Or:

What would happen if Pinnochio said "My nose is about to grow."?

Have you had any thoughts like that?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:14:54 PM »
Acourse. My brain has a mind of its own.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 01:06:40 AM »
You know, that Pinnochio comment is very clever! If it did grow, it wouldn't grow because he'd've been telling the truth. But if it didn't grow, he'd've been lying so it would grow! So... I guess his nose would just fall off, or truth and lies would mean nothing, or the world would end.

How about... when they show plasma TV commercials on your cube-TV, you see what great quality the screen has on the plasma? If you can see the greatness of the TV they want you to buy on your old-style TV, doesn't your old TV have great quality?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 05:22:13 PM »
Now I understand! Yeah, that does mean something!

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 05:38:32 PM »
About the Pinnochio comment, remember that the converse is not always true.  Lie => nose grows, not nose grows => lie.  So, by saying, "My nose is about to grow," Pinnochio is basically guaranteeing that it does.  If it grows, it grew on its own accord.  If it doesn't, he will have lied and it will grow from that.

Of course, the statement "My nose is about to grow" is pretty subjective anyway.  I've been told that the human nose grows for the duration of a person's life.  Technically, all our noses are growing right now as you read this--unless you don't have a nose, like Michael Jackson, in which case I'm sorry.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 05:42:58 PM »
Growing nose... not lieing....you're overloading my brain!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 11:37:55 PM »
unless you don't have a nose, like Michael Jackson, in which case I'm sorry.
XD XD XD
That quote is worth a sig is ever a sig was made from a quote!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 04:26:42 AM »
XD  Thanks!  Ooh, we can quote now...

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 07:35:12 AM »
I've always wondered if we were just video game characters in a video game world. Ever since I got The Sims, I always look up at the roof to see if the roof is still there, and if I have a green diamond (Known as a plumbob) on top of my head. *Looks up* Whew...
Most Wishy-Washy

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 01:03:34 PM »
I've learned that birds/people associated with birds have awesome sense of humor! ^_^

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 04:08:07 PM »
It wouldn't hurt me if I were a video game character. I'd be able to jump a whole lot more pixels higher than I can now. Then again, I'd probably be one of those bone-spitting chickens in Stinkoman 20X6.

Yes, I associate with birds. This is Talula. She's a good bird (note the DS).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 04:18:32 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »
Sorry. Gotta give credit to DeadAwake, as he started it! :)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 10:14:16 PM »
I'm making that sig. XD
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 12:34:34 PM »
8D  I'm flattered!

More weird ponderings, please!  I'm... getting teary-eyed... Talk amongst yourselves.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 02:08:21 PM »
My dumb friend always ask my SOcial Studies teacher some VERY dumb questions. He makes the teacher steaming mad!! One of it was 'Do monkeys have an air force?' Maybe monkey's will always trail behind us, and when the time is right........ THEY'll throw banana peels at you!
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 05:57:08 PM »
How about this weird though... did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
Eeew...smells like NirvanaKid.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 06:13:17 PM »
I doubt it.  Man, that would be weird to see if you were the first human alive!

Sometimes I strangely wonder if many things in Mario games are innuendos for other certain things.  I think of that for other games and TV shows too and sometimes I think of it so often that I wonder if my brain is just rotting away.  I never should have taken that Psychology class!

I hope that I can say something someday that people use as a sig.  Yeah, like that will ever happen.  I don't have that kind of luck as I have quickly learned from every Mario Party game I play (please don't sig that XD)  "Okay, the results are in!  Yoshi gives all of his coins and stars to Bowser Jr. for a total of 100 something coins and 5 stars!" Ching Ching Ching Ching Ching...  "Well, that's it.  Thanks for playing, Toad!  See ya next time!" *Yoshi goes insane and pulls out a huge exploding egg launcher to do horrible things* Sadly, this did happen.  Minus the egg launcher.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 08:24:53 PM »
I just had a weird pondering. Why is there evaporated milk when you can see it?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 08:39:29 PM »
Technically, the water is evaporated, leaving the milk solids.

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 08:45:04 PM »
One time I wondered, why is it when I say somthing over and over again it sounds funny?

funnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfu nnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfufunnynnyfunnyfunnyfunnyfunnfunnyyfunnyfu
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 07:26:44 PM by Mr. Koopa »
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 12:16:22 AM »
Here's something that just came to me: How did girls handle themselves during their time of the month in the old ages? Pads didn't exist and if no one could handle a case of small pox back in the day, I can't even imagine how painful the cramps and everything else was.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 12:39:11 AM »
<offtopic>Bird Person's bird looks just like my bird! </offtopic>

Anyway, I always think of random stuff, but sometimes even voice what I'm thinking, which is usually some kind of funny sound, like 'Ni' or "P-toing Wheee!' I'm just that crazy.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 09:56:30 AM »
Maybe we should have a crazy contest.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
I guess that's kind of what The Pointless Topic is, but good idea. But, here's some more brain-busters, my friends.

If they made "instant water", what would you mix it with?

Do you wake up or open your eyes first?

If someone with multiple personalities threatened to kill himself would it be considered a hostage situation?

If it's tourist season, then why can't we shoot them?

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 11:08:26 PM »
Here's an example of my craziness-

Two of my friends, Jarrad and Ruari, were talking about music- or something. We were in Science, but we weren't doing our theory- we were just mucking around, because, after the lesson, we had a week of time to finish it before next lesson. Anyway, Jarrad is talking in a Will Smith-esque voice, and I suddenly lean towards Jarrad and Ruari, and I said, "Egg-nog!" Both of my friends looked at me, and burst out into laughter. That, my friends, is a quote from my life. :)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 12:53:51 AM »
Did someone here say the thing about how both Pluto and Goofy are dogs, but why does Goofy wear clothes and talk while Pluto is a pet dog?

If you ordered someone not to take your orders, would they say, "OK", or "No!"?
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2005, 11:13:26 AM »
My brain is about to burst any second. *pop* Ow.

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 10:27:16 AM »
Another thing that bothers me about my brain.  Sometimes after I listen to music or play a video game for awhile, I still hear the music playing in my head and can't get it out.  The last time this happened was after I played Control Shtick from Mario Partt 6.  That quirky music would not leave!!

I was thinking about that Pinnocho question recently and I came up with some ideas.  Perhaps if he said that his nose would grow, then it really would grow but since that would make it the truth the nose would shrink again.  But when his nose shrinks it means that what he just said was a lie so the nose would grow again, shrink again, grow again, and repeat this over and over at the speed of light.  Or maybe it would just fall off.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 10:31:31 AM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 02:07:41 PM »
Are you guys trying to torture my mind?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 11:02:52 PM »
Here's something that just came to me: How did girls handle themselves during their time of the month in the old ages? Pads didn't exist and if no one could handle a case of small pox back in the day, I can't even imagine how painful the cramps and everything else was.

I wonder what teenaged colonists were like. Did they have zits and peer pressure?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 08:33:14 AM »
I bet they did have peer pressure, but I'm not good with history so I don't have an idea what kind of it they could have.  Maybe to go exploring far away from home, or smoke whatever they had then.

What if Pinnochio had a younger brother named Hishokio?  And every time he lied his pants started on fire?

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 10:17:42 AM »
Their idea of rebeling against their parents was probably to drink the Brit's tea or maybe to join the minuteman or redcoats.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 07:44:48 PM »
I think the minutemen were the Americans.
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 09:10:44 PM »
Another thing that bothers me about my brain.  Sometimes after I listen to music or play a video game for awhile, I still hear the music playing in my head and can't get it out.

Me too! Except it sounds like the music playing is actually playing somewhere near me, but it's not. It's extremely weird!

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 10:51:40 PM »
I think the minutemen were the Americans.

They were. I'm refering to the fact that usually the sons stayed behind during the war so incase the fathers died they can continue to maintain the family or the business.

But then again they were also drafted into war many times.

I'm confusing myself. That's what I get for breezing by history without studying much.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2005, 12:53:25 AM »
History is probably the least influential school subject on a person's future.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2005, 04:59:46 PM »
History/Social Studies does help in some ways. I are grew smartr with Soshal Studes!

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 08:28:28 PM »
I remember one night I kept waking up and walking into the living room because I thought I heard the t.v. or radio on.  So I'd walk through my cold, dark house only to arrive in the living room to find that neither the t.v. or radio was on.  It was aaall in my head.  Creepy.

Than it must be...

ghosts... :-o
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2005, 02:58:27 PM »
That's bizarre. This one time at my summer camp, me and the kids who shared the same cabin kept on seeing a distinct face in the curtains at night. It was really weird. It got so freaky that we asked someone to move it around so it might not look like a face anymore but it just looked like the same face just grinning at us. Everyone screamed.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2005, 05:28:27 PM »
I thought I saw someone walking down the hall from me one time while I was at another house spending the night. :O

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2005, 06:27:48 PM »
Eh... If ghosts are real, what would they want with me? You guys aren't dead.
It's YOUR problem!

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
Maybe the girls are. Just kidding!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2005, 12:28:10 AM »
If Mario's trying to save the Mushroom World in SMB3, why does Toad only give Mario 1 item?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005, 08:00:55 AM »
Because... we don't know this but Toad is actually saving the two items for two other heroes who are also trying to rescue princesses!  That's right, Mario isn't the only one!  Can you believe it?!

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 12:07:46 AM »
... Yoshi, you just blew my mind.  I like your thinking!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005, 12:48:02 AM »
I think it's retarded how in most space movies/TV shows all the aliens speak English across the universe, when not even the entire Earth speaks the same language.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2005, 09:05:08 AM »
Thanks, DeadAwake.  I get some really strange ideas sometimes.

Bird Person: Maybe they use some kind of universal translators to understand everyone.  It is the future after all.  In the year two-thou-saaaand!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2005, 09:35:49 AM »
20X6!
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2005, 10:21:42 AM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2005, 10:47:09 AM »
In Stargate, they originally started with a whole bunch of alien languages that had to be translated. After the first season, however, they abandoned that because too much time was spent translating it, and less on plot and commercials.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2005, 02:21:24 PM »
I like the 50's! Woohoo! Kick it retro! Draw something retro in my topic. Please? You know the one.

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2005, 03:36:54 PM »
A few days ago I got this interesting question in my mind.  Why do we celebrate the birth of Jesus at the end of the year and remember his death near the beginning of it?  Is there any significance to the order or am I just thinking too much?  Thinkest thou not so much about these things, Y.R.!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2005, 06:08:33 PM »
Being that these events have been moved around a bunch from their original dates (by the Catholic church, if I'm unmistaken), I think you're just thinking too much.

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2005, 09:05:04 PM »
I like the 50's! Woohoo! Kick it retro! Draw something retro in my topic. Please? You know the one.

I've been meaning to ask you this. What's your obsession with the past? You weren't part of it, you've probably never experienced the many things of the 80's and before, and you seem to enjoy abusing the word "Nostalgia". Do you even know the hardships of the past?

Print