Print

Author Topic: Peach is Very Out-of-Character in the Strikers Series  (Read 13096 times)

« on: August 08, 2007, 12:28:50 PM »
Peach seems very out of character, she doesn't seem like the type of person who would dress like a s***, and her design in Strikers doesn't really fit with the Mario style.

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »
She seems okay to me.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »
What I mean is Peach wearing such a skimpy outfit doesn't seem like something you'd see in a Mario game.

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »
In a normal Mario game, her pink long dress is fine and her attitude is that she's nice to people. In the Mario Strikers games, though, i kinda agree that her attitude change doesn't exactly fit with her personality, much less the skimpy outfit. But keep in mind that in any Mario sports games, she has a competitive spirit, just like most of the Mario characters do.
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 11:22:30 PM »
Well, the Strikers series, like all Mario sports titles, are separate from the real Mario canon. They're just fun sidegames that don't really have an impact on the true Mario storyline in any way. IMO, it's okay to have Mario and friends go out of character for the sake of a meaningless sports title. As long as the game, itself, is enjoyable, I'm fine. Besides, it would be kinda dumb if all the females in the Mario world were girly-girl all the time.

On that note, I really didn't like Peach's voice in Charged. She sounds too... teenage. I know it's meaningless sports game, but I think they could have done better. It's kinda funny, actually.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
I like Peach's voice in Super Paper Mario. In other games, she sounds too hyper.

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 06:52:59 AM »
I'm also wondering, didn't a third party make Strikers?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 09:05:01 AM »
What I mean is Peach wearing such a skimpy outfit doesn't seem like something you'd see in a Mario game.

Well, you certainly wouldn't see her playing soccer in her dress, but I do understand what you're saying. Maybe it's for attracting as many people as possible. And the Japanese have an eye for those sorts of things.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »
So I guess that mini-debate on the "Peach in SSBB" thread now has a home...

Well, the Strikers series is very obviously third-party, and though soccer (football, really) is quite popular/fast-paced and frenetic, I can't grasp the game's SUPERHPERMEGAULTRAOMGKABOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b] art style.

Yeah, maybe it's a little out of character, but I'm not complaining. Just thank God Nintendo isn't planning a volleyball game (or not......
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:11 AM »
Yes! I can see it now! Super Mario Volleyball! Featuring Peach in a bikini!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of the SSB series; you know, just all the Nintendo girls in general: Samus, Peach, Daisy... oh, my GOD, what am I saying?!?

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »
The day I die will be the day that Peach, Zelda, Daisy, and Samus are featured in a DOA-style volleyball game.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
Yes! I can see it now! Super Mario Volleyball! Featuring Peach in a bikini!

Oh my! If that happens, she'll really be a bit more controversial if we see her in a somewhat skimpy bikini. Oh la la!! :D
I don't know if it's me, but i completely love both Mario and Peach to death. I guess i'm obsessed about both of them, huh?

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »
The day I die will be the day that Peach, Zelda, Daisy, and Samus are featured in a DOA-style volleyball game.

I dunno, I think I'd be able to live with that.  XD

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 10:36:50 PM »
Oh my! If that happens, she'll really be a bit more controversial if we see her in a somewhat skimpy bikini. Oh la la!! :D
Oh, but Mario would probably be in heaven!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 11:04:26 PM »
I've always thought of Mario to be more out-of-character than anyone else in this game. I mean, look at him!

he is able to keep a cheerful, forgiving personality when Bowser kidnaps Peach over and over, but he gets all angry and serious in a soccer game? Where was all that energy when he was fighting evil villians and such?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 12:20:08 AM »
It's a spinoff, remember?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »
Eh, I was being very sarcastic. Yes, spin-offs seem to ruin characters general personalities. Sometimes, anyways.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »
I've always thought of Mario to be more out-of-character than anyone else in this game. I mean, look at him!

he is able to keep a cheerful, forgiving personality when Bowser kidnaps Peach over and over, but he gets all angry and serious in a soccer game? Where was all that energy when he was fighting evil villians and such?

Haha, you're right about that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:41:01 PM by Super-Jesse »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
Don't forget that soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger.

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 06:50:06 PM »
Well, it's an ethnically diverse sport for starters.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »
What, is Mario racist, or something?

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 08:19:52 AM »
"Soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger."

Some people dislike others who come from different ethnic backgrounds. The fact that soccer is ethnically diverse attributes to the (ahem) "anger" that Suffix was speaking of.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
A Mario Volleyball game? That arleady happened....

in a mini-game in Mario Party 5. And Peach ain't wearing a bikini in that game...she has her dress on!

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 07:02:51 PM »
Wasn't that Mario Party 4?

That minigame was really fun, too. Played it a lot.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
Ditto. I enjoyed the hockey game from Mario Party 5 too. Same can be said for the basketball game in Mario Party 6.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:35 PM »
Back on topic I guess, I found Peach's design totally okay. I mean, yeah, it looked like a skimpy battle suit straight out of every RPG, but it's a change of pace, or something. It also opens the possibility of Mario in a thong, which is even better than Sonic in SSBB.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 10:46:35 PM »
"Soccer is the source of 30% of the world's anger."

Some people dislike others who come from different ethnic backgrounds. The fact that soccer is ethnically diverse attributes to the (ahem) "anger" that Suffix was speaking of.

Suddenly, Glorb, I am not interested in changing the subject back... PaperLuigi, ethnic diversity is not what I was talking about. I was talking about sore losers, rowdy fans, and insults. It happens in such a sport, and the sport is worldwide.

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »
Actually, that comment was just a sad, sad attempt at making a joke. :P

But yeah, since soccer has all that and is worldwide (as opposed to say, football) it is a pretty angry sport.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:08 PM »
Ah, but football is worldwide.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
It's just not what the Americans call 'football'
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2007, 09:12:17 AM »
I think both sports can learn from each other. Soccer/football/futbal needs more throwing and tackling, and football/rugbie/whatever needs more head-butting and size-increasing power-ups (wait, it already does! *rimshot*).
every

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 02:22:39 PM »
Well, I think that both Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged, Peach shows that she is both a girly-girl and a tomboy (why post this? I was arguing with Peach-paradise members about this) It's not a surprize Nintendo changed Peach..They did it because obviously stated previously, she can't play in a dress. What is she to wear? Nintendo wants to take her into the modern world,  showing her belly button is no new fad in the real world.

Wait til Mario and SOnic @ the Olympic games come around...they HAVE to put Peach in a swimsuit..she can't swim in a dress...I've tried Peachy!
I got the looks, talents, knowledge, wardrobe, soul, mind, and passion to win...I'm just missing someone whose butt i haven't already kicked! Yea, go Peachy, go Peachy, go Peachy YEA! C'mon Bring it!

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 01:40:38 PM »
she can't swim in a dress
Mario Party 4 wants to disagree.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2007, 04:01:03 PM »
And 3.
That was a joke.

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »
It's quite difficult to play football in a dress. If you don't mind being ridiculed for life, try it. See what I mean?
We have a secret page!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 07:34:27 PM »
The Scotts like to play in skirts - er - kilts.

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 07:02:57 AM »
That's different. Kilts are short. Peach wears a full-length dress.
We have a secret page!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
*Wooosh*

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2007, 06:02:42 PM »
I'm very glad you brought this up....Yes...

Print